trapping
kids

pcsoutdoors

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
2 minutes ago
Good morning 66 high of 82 have a great day.
Raining flood warning to 3 pm.
3 16 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
I've always waxed my dog proofs, figured everyone did.
12 448 Read More
Trap Shed
3 hours ago
I have for sale a group of 9 jump (single under spring) traps. Being sold as a group. Mid to large size traps. Details below.

$95.00 gets them to your door in a large flat rate box. Shipping included in that price.

All traps have clean metal, ordinary trap rust and extra/super strong springs.

- # 2 B&L. Humped cross and clamp pan. Victor type jaws. Long twin-loop chain with loop. Stock traps. 2 traps

- # 2 'Victor'. OC pan and cast jaws. Long figure 8 chain with loop. Stock traps. 2 traps.

- # 3 'Victor'. OC pan and cast jaws. Long figure 8 chain with loop. Stock trap. 1 Trap.

- # 13 'Victor'. OC pan is GOOD. Long figure 8 chain with loop. Jaws have been wired to make them offset. Teeth have been cut off. 1 Trap.

- # 4 'Victor'. OC pan and cast jaws. Long figure 8 chain with loop. Stock trap. 1 Trap.

- # 4 'Victor'. ATCo pan and jaws. Long twin-loop chain with loop. Stock trap. 1 Trap.

- # 4 'Victor'. OC cast jaws. NO pan. NO dog. Long figure 8 chain with loop. Slightly heavy rust. 1 Trap.

PayPal. Money Order. Check.

PMs answered in order received.

Thank you.

0 18 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Foghat
Jump that train.
230 1,089 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
I'm jealous of the moose tbone for sure.

Last night was a potato, bacon and onion omelette washed down with Spanish red wine followed by Canadian whiskey and electric guitars until well after midnight with a good buddy.

Pete
36 1,082 Read More
Trapping Only
3 hours ago
john id get desperate and try using that one!
6 537 Read More
Trap Shed
3 hours ago
ttt
3 473 Read More
Wilderness Trapping and Living
3 hours ago
Got my mail order queen shipped in from Vermont.

[Linked Image]

I used two frames of mostly capped brood, and a honey/pollen frame and made up a Nuc to put her in I will release her from the cage in two days.

[Linked Image]

If they don't kill her I will have three hives now.
122 19,429 Read More
3 hours ago
They are up off the ground, and love mosquitoes. I tossed in a few worms, and they fight for them. I believe they would eat any bug that moves. And any that fly into the cage are snapped up pretty quick, even the big fly's.
803 592,182 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Could you give what kind / size truck they would be on?

For my Chevy 2500HD CC SB the Firestone Transforce AT have been the best, 55,000+. I have tried the Transforce HT and General Grabber AT2 and they didnít wear as long. The Grabber AT2 had great winter traction but didnít make it to 35,0000

Dave
6 150 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
This is what I had posted on my old website:

Here is how I train homing pigeons for free flight.
For the first week you have the young homers every time you feed them make a consistent noise. You can whistle, shake a can of feed or say anything you want as long as it stays the same. They will associate the sound with being fed and this will be your feed call.

The second week place a cage on the outside on your landing board, so that the pigeons can only enter the loft, not fly away. Put the pigeons in the cage wait a couple of minutes for them to settle down and then do the feed call and feed them. They will try to get in to get the feed and thus learn how to trap into the loft. Do this every day.

The third week, if all is going well, skip their feed for a day, but give them water and an hour before dark put them on the board. Slowly remove the cage, so that you do not startle them, enter the loft, do the feed call and feed them. They should immediately enter. If they do not they should still try to get back in to sleep in the loft.

Do this every other day, but give them half of what they will eat in the morning and the rest when they enter during the training in the evening.

The fourth week if all is going well, skip there feed and in the evening put them on the board remove the cage and stand back and watch them for half an hour before calling them in. They may enter right away at first, but eventually they will start circling around and landing on higher perches.

Always make sure they are slightly hungry when you fly them and that they have food waiting for them in the loft.

Once they start routing, flying in big circles out of sight, put them in the cage you will release them from and let them go in several different places in your yard. This acclimates them to being in the cage.

If this is going well start releasing them at about 1 mile away from all different directions.

Slowly increase the distance you release them at until you have them trained out the distance you want them to fly.

Keith
12 492 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
I don't know how to load this link but here it is.
HTTPS://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-rat-poison-bill-20190513-story.html
0 57 Read More
4 hours ago
I just use the Ivarís recipe with canned clams. https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/ivars-clam-chowder-101699 Used to dig up local clams, froze my hands off, tasted like crap. Seriously not worth it when a good meal is so easy.
4 154 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
We eat a ton of beets here but served cold with vinaigrette and garlic. If you haven't tried it I recommend it.

Pete
46 1,323 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
They can ban fur all they want-animal populations will need to be managed and animals will die one way or the other.
However,instead of having a useful product/profession that contributes to the economy,it will be nuisance animal control that will be a drain on the taxpayer and the waste of a potentially valuable renewable resource.
6 397 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
Your about 150-170 miles from the water in San Antonio, when you say gulf do you mean you want to go deep sea fishing in the actual gulf or inshore for like trout and redfish. Deep sea fishing private charters are pretty expensive $1500-2000 for 6 people or you can find a head/party boat that usually has 20-40 people on it for around $60-100 a person. Inshore guides will be around $600-800 for 3-4 people if your pricing stuff
2 249 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
The Huntsman spider definitely looks crab like. I have been hungry for crab lately and saw some scorpions on TV and wondered how they tasted too. I have seen a lot of travel shows, where people eat scorpions, but no one ever describes how they taste. The Hunstman's legs, look big enough to suck the meat out of like a crab's legs.

I need to find a good place around here to catch crayfish. I had fantastic places to catch crayfish, close to where I grew up.

Keith
3 191 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
They have made it in Manitoba so that all current licences are "Grand fathered' so when the licence holder passes on that is it.

Interesting that when you take out the big breeding lake chubs, you are actually hurting the production.

Jim is that a big circular minnow trap behind you in your Oscar finale.? those are the ones used in Manitoba.

Zebra mussel has created a real problem in Manitoba's waterways.
9 741 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Savell
Iíve seen crosseyed refugee status mexicans with oversized belly buttons eat better than that....

...prayers sent I guess

Lol oh it's very hearty. 2 bowls 3 Sopapilla's. The base of the stew is meat and potatoes
15 504 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
Forget the bait, those are good eatin!
10 755 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
[Linked Image]
My pups hope they will hunt birds and will be my trap line dogs. They are 10 week old German wired haired pointers. Tired from training tonight.
15 573 Read More
Trapper Talk
6 hours ago
Not a fan of Treager for grilling it just does not get hot enough to sear the meat and do a good crust on it. It does work well for slow cooking at lower temps though but for sure not for grilling meat.
40 1,318 Read More
Trapper Talk
6 hours ago
Water level in Truman is 33' above normal pool and they are release 50000 cfs. Lake of the Ozarks is down stream and had visible current last week. But the crappie were still biting.

Truman is on the Osage river a tributary of the Mo.
4 188 Read More
Trapping Only
6 hours ago
Beaver meat and lenons weasel lure
1 126 Read More
Trapper Talk
6 hours ago
Hey drifter, Iíll be there next Ripley. Got some baby goats to peddle.

Hey there Brian how you been? I wasnít planning on it but now I might come up just to see her.
25 752 Read More
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17