trapping
kids

pcsoutdoors

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
6 minutes ago
So a sling has stronger energy release than a rifle?
36 1,169 Read More
Trap Collector Forum
1 hour ago
I came across this section of chain while I was sorting a box of traps. I was hoping some one could tell me more about it.

Iíve seen chain like the flat links on various traps but the 3 round links are something new.

Thanks [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 3 Read More
Wilderness Trapping and Living
1 hour ago
Take me some time but a buddy lives in ninilchik.i will get back to you
3 123 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Picked up a Smith & Wesson 45cal 625-3 Stainless revolver. It's in excellent condition with a 4" barrel.

Idea on Value? [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 33 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
I used to catch them in wire traps that I also used for minnows. Dogfood seemed to work pretty good
8 675 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by warrior
I only have the little 2.5 inch one and it does not get used for reason. Thing bigger ones may be good but the same ones are no good.

A follow up to explain. I believe in the case of the tiny ones its a case of downsizing beyond the capability of materials. The rod used for the jaws appears to be the same as on larger models, 1/4" rod. As such it really presents a small opening and negatively impacts the function of the trigger and closure. I get refusals and push asides with this one.
JMO if redesigned to use lighter wire it may wore better.

We are using one for Moles
14 834 Read More
Trapping Only
2 hours ago
I start scouting for beaver when I'm out bird hunting and getting trails and camps ready for the season,around late September-early October where I am.This is when the beaver start to cut feed and mud the house and dam.I scout for other furbearers when scouting for beaver.I also scout for other furbearers while trapping beaver and start to re-inforce the snares at the jackpots and repair any marten boxes that are down or damaged.
I dump gut buckets at the jackpots as soon as I start catching beaver around the second or third week of October right up until I start trapping land fur in November,and also hang the gutted beaver carcasses in the wood shed at the cabins to cure for trapping later on.I start trapping all the animals visiting the baitsheds when season opens then set up the rest of the line while still trapping some beaver.i scout new country every day I can while trapping so I can hopscotch traps to extend the line as season progresses and keep the catch up.
4 237 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Everyone hates a lawyer,..until they need one.
I don't know why I said that,..but you are welcome James! smirk
4 474 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by swift4me
Mallards of course, but a nice pack of pintails working on the whistle in a north wind are hard to beat. Widgeon are great too when they are really working the call and ecoys.

Those pintails might not taste good when they come off the prairie potholes in Canada, but after a couple months eating rice, they are right up there with the finest greenhead you ever ate.

Pete

I agree, mallards offer more diverse opportunities, here in the great lakes states,considering over decoys on water and more fervently , field shoots over recent corn harvests,those mallards are the bulk of attention. Corn fed mallards put roasters in the oven!
Pintails are fantastic to work, decoy well,seem to ride high, just have to work them.
Waxed full bodied teal in the oven,...hard to beat.
40 1,304 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
My opinion is no.
5 253 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
My old boss had a conograph and I backed my bow off from 70to60 and it didn't loose much for fps. Just depends on how far you want your arrow to go into the ground after it goes thru the deer.
44 1,632 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Super, congrats on a nice buck.
38 2,079 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by James

You're pretty quick to pronounce judgment on who is a Muslim, who is a Christian, etc.

Jim

Not judging, that's God's job. Just stating that, according to Jesus' words in the Bible, those people are not practicing Christianity. The Bible warns that there will be many false teachers who preach things that are contrary to God's demands, and that we should be vigilant in checking them against the words of God. If you'd spend some time reading the New Testament you would also know all this James.
242 5,007 Read More
Trapping Only
3 hours ago
Knock some holes in the dam and make him work.
3 225 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
8!
You're a glutton for punishment I see
7 613 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Alfa Dog
He says they sell by weight.
Interesting. I did not know that.
14 1,095 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by AJE
Originally Posted by Posco
What do you guys consider pre-rut?

The pre-rut is the time period between when the bachelor group bucks separate, and the peak rut begins.

That's just about the time they shed velvet.
18 759 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by adam m
I don't blame you. Plus you would have to figure out locations of where to release them then drive there to release them.

They are released about 75 miles north of town in a BMA.I have rode with Art(the trapper that currently does nuisance bear) when he releases bears.
Be fun to let some big ones go in Toronto.LOL.
The expenses for the job is very low compared to the wage for removing a bear.
12 1,138 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by cotton
Speed dip

Dakota Line makes speed dips in a couple different colors.
6 180 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Is nj fur harvesters having a convention this fall.If so does anyone know the date and place Thanks.
0 15 Read More
Fur Sales Directory
4 hours ago
New York Ballston Spa 2022

January 8, 2022

4-H Building, Middle Line Road, Ballston Spa, NY

Sponsor - Foothills Trappers

Contact - 518-482-1288 or 518-883-5467

7% commission.

Checkin starts at 6 AM. Sale starts at 8 AM. Covid protocols will be in place."
0 2 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by keets
THEY COULD MAKE A GREAT LIVING PRIVATELY....THIS IS WHY WE'VE BEEN RESISTING GOV HEALTHCARE FOR THE LAST DECADE

Not like they did prior to Obamacare rolling in. That's why most doctors joined network clinics or retired early. Much more red tape, higher liabilities and overhead etc..
6 270 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by J Staton
In Missouri they caught them on purpose in No. 11's from what I hear.

In Oregon too. Many Oregon otters went to other states.
21 898 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
If a car mechanic can't be trusted, I'd hate to be the guy in the archery shop that tries to help out.
26 700 Read More
Trapping Only
4 hours ago
M'rats can not survive long without adequate water no matter what else. 95% of the small acreage, shallow ponds that I trap dry(ice fully subsumed) during winter and arevery low in mid summer(this year drought dry) because of excessive Ag drainage. Miles of plastic pipe has lower natural water table significantly. M'rat trapping will never be the same now. They may fill in the spring and fall but that isn't enough to recruit many M'rats. The few remaining large lakes/rivers are just not prime habitat. All other factors are just piled on this. M'rat population has collapsed by more than 90% for the last several seasons and doesn't look to improve. I collected barely 100 trapping as hard as I used to take +1000.
26 1,763 Read More
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5