trapping
kids

Trading Post

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
2 minutes ago
I know you said recent, but I've not shipped anything recently. This is a not-recent story.

I hauled a pile of coon to a local travelling buyer in IA. All green. It was December. He offered me significantly less than I'd been expecting. I hemmed and hawed a bit because I was counting on that money for Christmas shopping but didn't like the price. He'd divided the coon into 7 piles. $20, $15, $12, $8, $4, $1, $0. I was about to walk away when I decided to ask him if he would buy the better coon and let me take back the $0/$1 coons. I figured he'd say no, but he surprised me and said sure. So I sold him the decent stuff and took the junk home. I averaged $13-something on the stuff he'd bought.

Well I got the junk coon put up and sent in for the next NAFA sale. When the sale rolled around that pile of coon that had been valued at $1 or less averaged $14-something. More than my good coon. I was sick that I hadn't sent them all in.

But, as others have said, it's all hit and miss and just depends on the timing of the markets as well as if local buyers have a particular need for certain furs and are willing to pay for it.
4 147 Read More
Trapper Talk
9 minutes ago
Good morning Mole.

32° F with clear skies. Have a great day everyone.
5 38 Read More
ADC Forum
53 minutes ago
Got 4x 5"x5" one ways, 4x 4"x4" double door gravity door squirrel traps, and 4x soffit nose cones made up.. thinking of making a couple of coon sized one-ways also.. what yall think.
23 1,421 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
We use Three Rivers when we can find it but our old stand by is White Lily.
7 142 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
3,485 433,790 Read More
Auction Forum
3 hours ago
$35
10 396 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
This is very common when cutting shingle blocks. Often sawed on all sides. Shingle mills like it better than splitting as there is less waste especially with eady wood. Shingle block cutters usually cut out the back of the sprocket cover so it doesn't plug up.
I also used to rip a little bit of it at work when I was short of TP. Stay away from pitchy wood in that case.
28 1,040 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
With all the loose ammo that seems to end up everywhere especially in vehicles I would not do well on the east Coast.
17 890 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
LOL,,,, just dont park were you are not allowed.

We have been running 3 tow trucks there for 20 years for the 4th and for sturgues.......Paid for the trucks every year....almost..
9 372 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
“Killing instincts” are much more than making a shot connect.
It’s things like having your gun up and pointed in the correct direction at the right time, knowing when you can get away with a slight movement, reading an animal’s body language, having that “feeling” that this is the spot or that something is about to happen, etc.
My daughter is the only female that I’ve ever seen that had it naturally. Her mother has killed a pile of turkeys and it’s a struggle every time lol.
15 1,107 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by DHH
Kinda unique ,. Would rather see the real thing , will just keep scrolling

Yeah...ya ain't gonna see the "real" thing on the internet...
12 345 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by elsmasho82

The Tasmanian Devil was my favorite part .
Creepy!!!
1 191 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Get a plumber out there asap. You should never have copper flex carrying gas in a crawl space. They are for supply lines only. Should be black pipe or the yellow flex.
12 383 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Don't let that hold you up if you find something you like- any boot/shoe shop can change out those hooks for eyes quick.
53 1,526 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
He met up with Cheech and Chong.
13 619 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
eat it , guy that live where I grew up, would ask for fish ducks, that we shot only fish ducks, and he would let them hand for days with guts in them, he lived to be really old!

I'll gladly give up a few years to not have to eat another fish duck in my life. I know the rule, eat what you kill, but we all make mistakes.
25 1,127 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
had a guy in ohio that gave me 10.00 for roosters. he had a old house trailer he used as a pen. grab the roosters and throw them in alive. he said when the snake is hungry it'll eat!
13 527 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
Happy Birthday!
13 87 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
Brewers are 16-8 after beating the Pirates again today. Now a nice home stand.

Bryce
145 6,079 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I'm headed there on May 2nd to pick up 50 O' Henry's. Can I stay at your brother's place?

grin

I can't give permission for him, but I'll ask if you really want me to. grin

They have a cabin on the lake in Wenatchee, that they fixed up and added on to. They also have a large vacation house they had built in Packwood, that my brother wants to fully retire to. He wants to plant an orchard there. I've been encouraging him to do it sooner rather than later. Their main home is near Chehalis.

Keith
65 7,563 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
Came home from play practice tonight and tractor lights in the fields all over. There will be a long wait for many soils in our area when a lot of rain hits the clay.

Bryce
24 852 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
Walt are you back yet? Just found a couple beavers in the freezer that need fleshing!
370 53,216 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
Steve check out this auction website.

https://auctionohio.com/lots#YXVjdGlvbltzdGF0dXNdPWFsbCZsb3Rba2V5d29yZHNdPUZyZWV6ZXI.

You can buy most older freezers on it for under $20.00. Many get no bids and can be bought for a dollar plus an 11 cent buyer's premium.

Keith
17 678 Read More
Trapper Talk
6 hours ago
That's a nice well groomed haul of flat tails.
18 617 Read More
Trapping Only
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Spike369
Is skunk fur good all year?

Not prime but still good for the craft market. Then there's the quill too.
6 249 Read More
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5