trapping
kids

Trading Post

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
10 minutes ago
I would think in a self defense situation, just getting rounds on target is enough of a deterrent. We’re not talking battle here, they aren’t coming to kill you unless it’s someone just crazy, but even then, not many stand around when being shot at or hit.
15 222 Read More
Trapper Talk
11 minutes ago
I'm interested in this also. I just bought few new ones to have around. I did take the original and bent the ears in on it and it works better but the thing is still a jam o mattic once it gets just a little dirty. It still shoots good but is frustrating. This is what happens when they let the Canadians build guns for them. smile
1 25 Read More
Trapper Talk
12 minutes ago
At one time I was finding Remington CoreLokts Tipped .308 165gr for $23-25 a box. $240 a case. Now I about can’t find it for less than $32 a box!

Even considering that American Whitetail if I can find it in 165gr.

Why 165gr…for some reason everyone of my Rugers shoot that grain the best. 150’s seem to wander a little getting anywhere from a 1.5-2” group at 100yds. 165gr will make you actually look like a really good shooter, lol. CoreLokts were dead on and killed what was hit.

Yeah, a .308 is a bit much for predators, but it’s just what I’m confident in and provides picture proof results. Plus I know when shooting does that there’s not much tracking involved if they don’t drop right there.
12 931 Read More
Trapper Talk
16 minutes ago
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
You guys pee and moan about the "fishing" expeditions. Providence you stated yourself it would be different if he got a drunk driver You know how many drug bust and drunk drivers have been removed from the road due to "FISHING" pull overs? Not dimming headlights, busted tail light, NO SEAT BELT . I'm all for them. . ONE of the Biggest drug bust I have ever heard of around hear was because at 2 am a guy didn't signal when he changed lanes. 90 plus lbs of pot. 10 kilos coke, hundreds of pills, plus meth ,cash....

Providence
Why stop at wearing a seatbelt? Drive on the left side of the road. Gov mandates you drive on the right! Heck drive 20 mph over speed limit. That's another money grabbing mandate !!
You know the law
you broke it
pay the ticket.
But please stop trashing a LEO for doing his job.

Law enforcement fishing trips have also led to a whole lot of stolen money through civil asset forfeiture.
46 900 Read More
Trap Shed
18 minutes ago
Ttt2
2 580 Read More
Trapper Talk
19 minutes ago
Haha! Possums don’t play!!
307 15,900 Read More
Trapper Talk
27 minutes ago
Wow, I am sure it’s fancier than the stuff I eat.
10 624 Read More
Trapper Talk
30 minutes ago
the agenda is being shoved down our throats, just wait until mrs president takes over.
23 839 Read More
Trapper Talk
36 minutes ago
475 52,681 Read More
Trapper Talk
39 minutes ago
Originally Posted by MB Coonguy
I would love to see GFW succeed with this for sure.It is a very proactive approach-hope they market it well and it takes off again.

X2
43 1,735 Read More
Trapper Talk
40 minutes ago
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by bodycount
and read all you can of current events.

You trying to make him more depressed?

I stand corrected.
24 1,585 Read More
Trapper Talk
40 minutes ago
My bull dog used to get them bad and we were giving him 4-6 shots a year for allergies. I started making his dog food and feeding him raw and low and behold he cleared up and we haven't had to give him a shot but once this year and that was because he had ear infection. It's worth trying for a month to see if it helps.
8 194 Read More
Trapper Talk
42 minutes ago
[Linked Image]
9 187 Read More
Trapper Talk
44 minutes ago
got a p500 an we love it. other than being tippy on side hills it's a great rig. one thing to modify is the fuel tank breather hose it's located below seat level an if you do happen to cross a creek a lil deeper than you thought it will dilute fuel tank with water an leave ya sol. been there done that. put a hosebarb nipple on existing hose an run it higher up on the rollbar somewhere
34 1,155 Read More
Wilderness Trapping and Living
53 minutes ago
what ended up being the price for reds this year? I will be in Kodiak Sunday afternoon. Till Monday afternoon.
35 2,963 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Dang I wouldn't know what to do with that much room to work. Will be waiting for after assembly photos.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up!"
9 525 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Too cute
15 1,386 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Yeah Pete -

Training a biologist to read and understand regulations is an impossible task.

I already had a moose that year, but Miss Lisa was still looking...

Jack
10 544 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Some things are best left in the dark.

grin grin grin
47 2,752 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Prayers sent
9 423 Read More
ADC Forum
1 hour ago
Thanks for replying. I’ve caught grey fox but can’t ever remember catching a red fox in a cage trap.May have to try calling are snares but will need to get some good relaxing snare locks..
5 132 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
grin
35 928 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
we had a lot earlier in the Summer
13 533 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Used pickaroons regularly on the Railroad.
Used them for spreading ties off the top of the rack flats on the worktrain,also for spot tie changes on the section,Also use pickaroons regularly for piling old tie butts for burning in winter.We customized some of them for pulling ties by forging a small barb at the point to keep them from slipping out of the greasy crosote ties.When using those to spread ties from the top of the moving train,when you whipped the tie off if the pickaroon didnt let go you had to let go of the pickaroon or the tie would pull you over the side.lol
I use pickaroons all the time on the trapline for handling frozen beaver carcasses I use for bait.
I cant believe trappers or bushmen dont know what a pickaroon is,lol.
18 659 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
4,045 759,832 Read More
Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 53 54