trapping
kids

pcsoutdoors

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapping Only
6 minutes ago
All the waxed dirt and peat moss in world can't help mad Getting a good 1/2" of ice crust on top of all sets. I cleared all the crust and then see more freezing rain on the way. I can't win .
0 2 Read More
Wilderness Trapping and Living
6 minutes ago
Pretty cool. Good load of marten there. Are you a carpenter?
2 48 Read More
Trapping Only
9 minutes ago
Got some rain and a couple of dirt holes are filled to the top with water. Trap is bedded in waxed dirt so it's fine. What should I do ? try to remove the water and rebait ? Leave as is and risk iceing up ? Relocate set ? -Thanks
0 1 Read More
22 minutes ago
Love all the pics. That’s some good looking country you have there. Nice lot of fur!
1 29 Read More
23 minutes ago
Nice pots of shrimp!
3 67 Read More
Trap Shed
28 minutes ago
I had these listed in another post but I deleted as I had a little time to go through and see exactly what was what. My price is firm and I wont break up the lot at this time, if they don't sell in the next couple days ill just list them in groups on ebay at ebay at the higher prices that they would demand there which is obviously going to be allot higher than the $2.17 per trap that they are now. All these traps are good usable traps that were just dyed and waxed this fall.

STOPLOSS
1- Sleepy Creek
7- Bridger
1- Blake and Lamb
4- Duke - Old Style
12- Duke - New Style
36- Victor rectangle pan

14- 1 1/2 Victor Long Springs

3- #0 Duke Long Springs

73- Victor #1 Long Spring , Shorty Springs

LONGSPRINGS
1- Northwoods
2- Triumph
25-Blake and Lamb
8- Duke
15- Victor stoploss - no stoploss mechanism, I used them as regular longsprings
101- Victor

CONIBEAR
23- #110 not sure of the manufacture
7- #150 not sure of the manufacture

Also including 120 various manufacture wire muskrat stretchers

Any other questions, please ask
0 4 Read More
Trapper Talk
36 minutes ago
I'm far from a pro or expert so take this however you want

I too will pack the snow down to bed the trap and create a disturbed area in front of the trap, dust a little snow on top of the pan. Depending on how I feel I'll make a small mouse hole for bait lure up high. Or elevate the bait (dip a stick in the bait.
Once off my favorite fox sets in snow are cubbies especially walk through style. They take time to construct and reconstruct but fox love them in the snow. I will try to dig up some pics of my walk through cubbies.
13 780 Read More
Trapper Talk
54 minutes ago
I drive an hour and fifteen minutes to work one way, an hour on the expressway, I’ve tried 2 different tires and they suck...to me expressway driving is much different as it builds up with ice quickly...

Any suggestions on a good tire?

F150 1/2 ton...

Thanks
19 432 Read More
Trapper Talk
56 minutes ago
The joy of dirt snow and ice in the face is always fun.
Caught my fingers a couple of times. Catching the nail is always fun.
10 650 Read More
1 hour ago
2018 update,
the Buskin Lake has cray fish now and lots of them. folks are setting minnow trap lines and getting quite few. tried a few but too much work. now where did these come from????
hearing reports of mink now and they are breeding too?????
ermine all over just not ready yet, my target choice this season
9 bears from the road system so far harvested , afew still up in town and being pest , they are about done with them if they don t hole up. halloween pretty much a no show as kids afraid to bump into one
pine apple express here this fall ,warm rain
deer population doing some what better but still can be a workout
report of a silver salmon caught at buoy 4 last weekend????[some kings too]
picked up a.17 WSM just sighted in now. looking forward to see how it performs

BE SAFE AND HAVE A GREAT SEASON FOLKS
0 26 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Rain and snow brought water levels up at least a foot over night. I got soak to the skin, but managed to retrieve what I had left out. just no rats. Got 5 so, looks like a slim short season.. It about had my body done in by the time, Better lick next year, more rain expected in couple day.

Garry-
0 41 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
That's why I said don't store ship or sell in plastic.
3 163 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by James
You have a point, Osky, but don't discount Hal's advanced senility, which worsened his condition.

Jim

Lol got it.

Osky
66 1,588 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Nonpc, that coon had half of one ear, I spose he was quite a scrapper, probably got ears chewed off sometime, his teeth looked old too
29 2,754 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Cool
13 590 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
I feel the opposite. My english setter became diabetic 4 years ago. 10 mL of Novolin N anywhere is well over $100. Walmart carries Novolin N for $25 and no prescription needed. Unreal. Walmart's pharmacy saves me over $1,000 every year on insulin. Now multiply that by 4 years.... that's more than $4,000 still in my pocket thanks to Walmart's pharmacy. I don't know how they can do it, but they do.
12 803 Read More
ADC Forum
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Aix sponsa
I just wouldn’t want to be trying to lasso a ticked off otter with a dwarf catch pole.

Me neither.
8 92 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Ogormans
1 19 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
LOL I was born in 1963 so young no. But I have been shooting rifles of every kind since I was 6 . Take pride in my ability to shoot. For decades I would get calls from farmers to get rid of their ground hog problems. (yotes are doing that now) We used to drive around EVERY week end during the summer in a 1978 jeep C-J 5 Golden eagle and shoot whistle pigs. Since then I try to keep in practice. I also sight in rifles each year for people around my town and even some out of state.
As for shooting off handed do it every year . Don't need or want shooting rail on my ladder stands. Have killed deer out to 250 before but never over 300. The one and only secret to shooting off handed is to take your time and time your trigger pull to happen as you pass over the animals vitals. TRUST ME ALL PEOPLE will wobble off handed with any rifle. Practice and timing are the key.
With that said did I get lucky ? Maybe. But seem to find a way to get lucky every year.................
10 819 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Was that Lynn Dickey playing tonight?
22 154 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
well, they are in the "deer" family...
3 204 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by bctomcat
For what it may be worth I've caught a fair number over the years in walk thru lynx cubbies using snares and lynx lure only.

Great to know. Your the 3ed person to mention walk thru sets.
5 271 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
nice job
2 215 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
North Dakota Fur Takers Association Wild Fur Auction January 19 and 20, 2018 Burleigh County 4-H Center 3715 E Bismarck Expressway, Bismarck, ND
Friday January 19 1 PM – 9 PM Fur Receiving Saturday
January 20 7 AM - Receiving Continues 11 AM - Receiving Ends (no furs accepted after 11am) Noon – Grading Ends 1 PM - Auction Begins
Buyers and seller must be NDFTA members ($15). Membership available on site. Only buyers, sellers and members allowed on site. Not open to public. Buyers must be licensed fur buyers in North Dakota.
 Finished, green and carcass fur will be accepted.
 Sellers will be allowed to register a minimum value at the time of consignment.
 Sellers will pay a 4% commission to NDFTA on all sales.
 Sellers will be charged 2% on no-sales.  No cameras on premises without permission
 Saturday will feature coffee and donuts in the morning and lunch will be served on the grounds at noon.
NDFTA offers this sale as a selling opportunity to members. All transactions will be between the buyer and seller and NDFTA takes no responsibility regarding these transactions.

If you have any questions give a shout.
0 42 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
more than me,i had a hoot owl in mine about a month ago.will start after fur slowly Saturday.
1 81 Read More
Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 70 71