trapping
kids

pcsoutdoors

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
8 seconds ago
There is some overlap in Nicks books, but you will get something from all 3
Then ya need Kaatz's and Thorpes and Carmans.
Clint has a book or dvd out that is good too!
If ya can find the 13 pages of formulas on here, somewhere, maybe the Bait/Lure Makers Forum on here, that would help too.
You are sposd to get loved ones to get them for you for birthday and Christmas gifts.
Didn't you get that memo?
Anyway, get a few supply catalogs and circle those books and give to loved ones to buy your gifts, explaining you want their money to go to what you need, want, and will use, as opposed to a sweater that may only get worn once/yr.
1 44 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 minute ago
Good morning Mole,

36 and overcast. Have a nice day everyone.
11 44 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 minute ago
that's great ,good to see you posting again
24 847 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 minutes ago
Looks like your having fun and making some good catches thanks for sharing
16 714 Read More
Trapper Talk
10 minutes ago
nice job and great set up.
3 187 Read More
Trapper Talk
15 minutes ago
bunch of people here on T-Man will vote for him...
17 929 Read More
Trapper Talk
21 minutes ago
sounds like a great man ,prayers sent
11 449 Read More
Trapping Only
22 minutes ago
I have a few montana round jaw #2s 4 coiled that are becoming real favorites of mine. I put pit step downs on them and man those are tenacious little traps. Nice rounded jaws, music wire springs, crisp pans, and not too much room under the jaws because like wade any coyote set we make around here could also yield a nice jumbo boar coon too and that makes me.steer clear also of anything larger than a #2.
[Linked Image]

I like bridger #2s also, and 1.75s. I run a lot of #2 longsprings on my coyote mixed bag line too. I have a lot of confidence in #2 longsprings and have used them for coyotes since 1980s but I do beef them up with booster springs to make them faster, center mounted welded kinkless chain and at least 3 swivel points. Still one of my all time favorite coyote traps.
[Linked Image]

Jim
13 306 Read More
Trapper Talk
32 minutes ago
Originally Posted by bblwi
In 1860 there were 9 million people living in the states that formed the Confederacy. Of those 9 million almost 1 million were slaves or 10% of the population or more. With an agriculture based economy that utilized slave labor the argument that slavery was not an economic issue to the south holds little water. The main asset the south had most like was their human owned assets as it was an asset that could be bought and sold and the labor created the revenue from their land. Losing slaves as assets was a major cause of concern for the south and after 4 years of war and losing that war they were right in believing so.

Bryce

Would be interesting to see property tax or insurance records to determine what was the assessed value of those in slavery. Also would be curious what was the ROI for the average size slave holding property.
23 287 Read More
Trapper Talk
36 minutes ago
Originally Posted by 52Carl

I believe that the notch in the lanyard circle doodad is there to allow you to deploy it from the folded position.
I do not know why I care about any of this. Seriously, I need a new hobby...

Lol thats Carl. I appreciate your response and time.
44 1,746 Read More
Trapper Talk
39 minutes ago
Wow, you do way better than I do with 17 traps, sir.
Jim
67 1,540 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
you need to kill them in the spring if you want to see fewer coyotes. den and trap. if your killing 16 coyotes on a half section, especially out of those potato fields and pastures, your whacking them. there is always a winter shuffle of coyotes in winter. april and may is the time to actually lower numbers
9 487 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
[Linked Image]

2nd one out of this pasture. i hope they are the only 2. i really hate mange. not even coyotes ought to end up like the one in this old photo

[Linked Image]

this one is better. bought a pair of these sleepycreek longsprings from marty 4-5 years ago to use in rocks or places where bedding is an issue. was showing my just turned 8year old grandson how to make a set with them on saturday. this guy showed up yesterday. he was in school but liked the photo

[Linked Image]

took 20 minutes to get all the cockle burrs picked out. was decent after though. need to go out now and turn skins but think i will drink some more coffee first laugh BTW cockle burrs in KS are not burdock. cockle burrs are hard things not soft like burdock. real pain to deal with. you have to pull fur and hair away from each one by hand. try combing them out and you get bald spots.

52 2,812 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
we need to elect politicians who will end that unamerican feel good bovine excrement. Shall not be Infringed.
14 513 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
i cook mine. country ham doesn't get cooked while being cured. either a dry cure is rubbed on and scraped off a couple times then rubbed on and allowed to sit for 3-4 weeks or it is submerged in a brine and held under with a rock, then cold smoked. no heat. just smoke. modern domestic hogs all get anti parasitic drugs so trichinosis and tape worm is not a big deal really but i still cook mine.
4 181 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago

303 Rubber Seal Protectant is what you want.
8 389 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
^^^^^^^^
Oh boy, you're in for it now.
2 102 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
I've seen huge trees that was just ringed and would die letting sunlight in, so the willow and ash sprouts would shoot right up, making for some tender eats.
10 251 Read More
Fur Handling Forum
4 hours ago
I use the same thread taxidermist uses on capes or any strong nylon thread will work just be sure to cut out the red rim on any bullet holes or wounds I then run in a little borax just because.
9 166 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
I had never heard of an E bike before this thread. They look very useful. I would like to have one, but need other things more badly.

After watching Bernie cruise along, it looks like it would be a very good idea to wear an orange vest on public ground or other areas where you are likely to encounter other hunters. The smooth, rapid motion and lack of noise does not appear human like and I suspect many hunters would cover with you a firearm, while trying to figure out what game animal you are, if you're wearing camouflage.

Keith
50 959 Read More
Trap Shed
5 hours ago
Ttt
2 417 Read More
Trap Shed
5 hours ago
Trapping Time Cookie Cutter Model #2

Lightly used - $33 shipped to you in the USA

"Trapping Time Cookie Cutters are designed to punch in perfectly sized trap beds quickly and easily. You can push a cookie cutter into very soft ground or hammer it into harder ground. Cookie Cutters save time on the line.
Model #2 is for MB-550 and #3 sized round jaw traps" (will work the new Duke 550's as well)

[Linked Image]

PM me if you are interested.
0 28 Read More
Lure and Bait Formulator's forum
6 hours ago
I also use Diethyl Phthalate. I can't distinguish a difference in the asafoetida odor between using that and alcohol.
1 26 Read More
Trapper Talk
6 hours ago
https://louisiana-grills.com/shop/grills/wood-pellet

I sure like mine. Idiot proof. Set it, and forget it.
22 606 Read More
Trap Shed
6 hours ago
I would like to buy Trapperman volume 1 book. Please PM me if anyone has the book they would sell. Thanks
0 22 Read More
Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 67 68