Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
2 minutes ago
I haven't.What are the dimensions?
1 32 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 minutes ago
Depends.
I have a nice 10' truck camper. I chose a truck camper because I wanted to be able to tow my fishing boat. That said, I wouldn't use it if I would be changing my dirty outdoor clothes & gear in it, etc. My wife has suggested I use it hunting and so on. I said thanks, but no way. I'll use my wall tent for all hunting & fishing activities where it involves two or more guys. Also, as has been said, truck campers have very little, if any storage.
When my wife and I go csmping & fishing with the boat, I always dismount the camper as I will not launch or take out my boat with it on the truck (my choice).

The take away is I suggest a bumper tow camper. Although I'm not crazy about a tandem arrangement, I do see pull behind campers with a boat in tow behind the camper, which is contingent on the states you'll be traveling in.
Decent campers are cheaper than decent truck campers too.
3 133 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Michael Lippold
Getting there, not being rude, but I don’t understand what your telling me lol

Man I am sorry but I though you said drugs. My fault. Sorry
9 180 Read More
Trap Collector Forum
5 minutes ago
The story continues. We went elk hunting in the same canyon last week and my brother found two more NH 4 1/2s that match the first set. Looks like the COLO stamping is going to show on both of these. They have the twin drags just the same as the first two and were about 100 yards from the first set. They were half buried in dirt just like the first ones and are pretty crusty and rusty. It still makes me wonder why these were left behind. On the same ranch but not in the same general area, he also found a miners pick that someone dated to the 1880's. I found a rusty old Prince Albert can. LOL
15 1,254 Read More
Trap Shed
9 minutes ago
Ttt 3 *Last time up. Now $100 shipped*
4 329 Read More
Trap Shed
13 minutes ago
SOLD
3 832 Read More
Trapper Talk
15 minutes ago
Sounds like a sales excuse to me. But they have been at it alot longer than me sooooo.
12 638 Read More
Trapper Talk
17 minutes ago
What about 28, 29 and 30?
2 510 Read More
Trapper Talk
27 minutes ago
You just need a weed tourch you can dye and wax at the same time, pull the traps out of the dye shake them off the heat will do the rest then have your wax bucket next to the barrel with the tip of the flame heating the wax bucket. Toss on a sheet of clean cardboard and your good to go.

[Linked Image]
20 395 Read More
Trapper Talk
41 minutes ago
Originally Posted by KeithC
Last year, ODNR put up a deer decoy, of a large buck, about half a mile from the edge of my property, on my road. They put it right at the bend, so your headlights would hit it when you came around the curve. I saw it while they were assembling it right before dark.

Keith

Not exactly what the OP meant, but Ok....LOL! grin

But you still shot it?
5 243 Read More
Trap Shed
58 minutes ago
Looking to buy or trade for some 120 bodygrips. Might also be interested in a few 160s. Not set on any one brand, so interested in different options. Shoot me a PM and let me know what you have and what you're looking to get for them. Thanks.
0 20 Read More
Trapping Only
1 hour ago
On my most recent modifications, the trap came with seven links of chain. I cut the middle one out and insert the swivel....so mid chain
4 111 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Well im going to stick to my theory freds car didnt have brakes and when he put his shoe down it caused friction and therefore heat which is the cause of global warming !
7 188 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Looks like fun, great job! I haven't hunted for awhile but my son got me back in to it then stopped again. I need to get started hunting them again.
19 1,519 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by KeithC
Great job. A good bird dog makes bird hunting so much better.

I am curious, what is the glowing eyed thing your dog is staring at in the second picture

Keith

Never noticed it before but there was a vehicle parked and running about 100 yards away. The headlights would be the “eyes”
10 659 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
If you can close off all of the access, They can't get in. If you can close of most of the access, you can put up a sparrow zapper. It really is a thing.
9 516 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
2 weeks ago
3 232 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Sorry to hear about your relative.
2 257 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
I can understand the extra car battery.
4 193 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
I would be more concerned about the safety factor. Got kids around?
9 711 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Don't buy a 8N Boomer. Total lemon for New Holland.
25 882 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Stag Arms have some of the better guns already built IMO.
23 827 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by virgil1972
Every pyramid needs a bottom

And I've seen some pretty big bottoms on the field! I suppose it's a good thing tho, no body shaming and include everyone.
35 2,626 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Hutchy
Its not like I have all the answers, but why can't we have both?

A political system where city people can keep on doing whatever the heck it is they do, and I can hunt trap and fish in peace.

We can and we do. It isn't "game over" yet, or even close. We obviously need to be concerned about what's happening with the avalanche of proposed gun bans in both the U.S. and Canada, but not to the point of being paralyzed with these election cycle stunts (I'm not talking about you per se, Hutch).

We should see this as an opportunity to strengthen our numbers and alliances with other like-minded people. I don't have all the answers either, far from it, but I do know that lack of awareness is not our weak point...we excel at letting each other know how bad things are for us, and that's a good thing to a degree.

The Sportsmen’s Alliance is the only organization I know of that brings together hunting, trapping, fishing and gun owner interests under one umbrella. Trappers are usually the odd man out, the group that gets thrown under the bus when the heat is turned up. The Sportsmen's Alliance doesn't do that. In fact, they make it a point to include trappers in their advocacy. So there’s no need to reinvent the wheel here, but getting involved in some way is a step forward. There's plenty to do. At least take a look.

https://www.sportsmensalliance.org/
22 455 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Most everything here is nothing more than canals or oversized creeks (50-100' across max), sheltered between levees.
The reason I am looking at a mud motor is because lots of these creeks and ditches have sections of 18" depth (heavily silted) and sections up to 15' deep at bends. The silting makes walking the edges a pain in the butt but there are beaver, coon, muskrat and mink in some fairly inaccessible (from land side) areas.

For fishing I would either stick to bass/bluegill (minn kota) or carp/catfish (anchor)... if I want pickerel or perch I'll beg an invite with somebody else LOL

No longer interested in musky fishing as I've caught a few over 50" and feel like I can close that chapter without investing big bucks in equipment LOL

I also feel this will be a plus to have if I ever hunt waterfowl on public water again.
4 282 Read More
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 59 60