What Hump ?
35 336 Read More
Trapper Talk
32 minutes ago

WS
3,094 329,108 Read More
Trapper Talk
55 minutes ago
Here's my experience with getting kids into trapping and I'm not ragging on the program or anything. But in SD, we have the 4H Ethics program where they find a local trapper and have him mentor a class of about 10 kids. I was in this with 9 other kids and after the first year of it going on, all of the kids but me stopped trapping and hung the traps in the shed. Most of them have even offered for me to buy them off of them. Now I'm sure there are places around SD that have a higher turnaround rate but this is just my experience with it and it honestly really kicked off my trapping hobby.
About the YouTube thing, I know a good friend of mine who got going with it and he does really well. So obviously I followed in his footsteps and started recording like he did and it just wasn't worth carrying a camera to me. It also kind of ruined it for me as I spent more time doing camera work than trapping. Now if I want a video I just record it on my phone quickly and then I'm done, I do try to upload them to YouTube but I'm not going out of my way to do it. I do still post on one social media app where I have a good following and that's mainly why I use my phone instead of my GoPro.
18 382 Read More
Trapper Talk
55 minutes ago
Sometimes those beaver are just hardworking conservatives. They have enough feed, but never pass up an opportunity to eat fresh sticks and add to the stash, rather than the sour old grub pile.

Here, on a cold winter with little snow cover, their grub pile freezes down and they starve and come out and go on a death march, no trees or willow in sight, all buried under snow.

Those beaver have no fat at, all and even the tail has no fat in it, and often times pieces of their tail are eaten in desperation by their other family members in the house.
21 1,656 Read More
Wilderness Trapping and Living
1 hour ago
They had one show up in Emmonak a few years back. Was sitting in the water eating salmon from the pictures I saw. Glad we dont have to worry about them here.

Try post it on the for sale section on Taxidermy.net

Make sure all the paperwork is legal hopefully find a Canadian buyer, that would be easier.
17 563 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Imminent danger is an odd term to use.. at that point it's too late to retreat, and it's might even be too late to defend yourself with any weapon.
26 646 Read More
Trapping Only
2 hours ago
Most of the time I don't have time to measure my beaver before I go to a sale but had that luxury today. Out of 137 beaver I put up since the last sale 20 were SB's, 65 B, 41 XL, 7 L, and 2 LM, 2 M.

Uglier beaver you have not seen. Rubbed, old scars and bit up bad . Hopefully ugly still works in today's market....my first run of December caught beaver looked a lot nicer than this batch.
758 51,861 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Beavers can do some stuff that makes you scratch your head. Like the time I had a number 4 LS set on the pond side of a cross-over. Came to check it two days later and found that a beaver had taken a pealed stick about the size of those over-sized pencils you used in grade one, and flipped the trap completly over and out of the way without springing it. I would have thought someone was pranking me if there hadn't been a few inches of snow on the ground (no human tracks other than mine).
13 613 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Did some more weighing....my blankets averaged 2 1/8lbs and my supers right at 3 lbs.
106 3,334 Read More
Trapping Only
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by bucksnbears
Been wondering where you were.
Keep chiming in.

Yep, I'm still around been doing a bit of coon trapping.
161 22,800 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Lol.....a friend of mine used to occasionally sarcastically call his wife ' Stella '
She never got the reference......lol

My friend was a die-hard Star Trek fan.

Google ' Star Trek Harry Mudd ' and check out his ex-wife. , Stella........lol
Quick clip , worth a laugh. 1:44 long
6 265 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
There are no doubt several on here that could have beat the field if they would have wanted to enter. But hey, it's all just good natured fun. My season ends in two weeks and i'll be looking on as the Minnesotan and Canadian boys get going on their spring hunts.
137 14,094 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
23 1,138 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Fall planting might work for me. I thought you were talking about spring. It seems like our nurseries focus on spring shipments but I wouldn't rule out fall planting. Thanks
Ps. We don't have noble fir around here
28 2,745 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Pawnee
I’d ask for forgiveness of all the things I’ve done and failed to do like always

You can do that right now.
8 180 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
My recent red osier dogwood cuttings have started sprouting in the 5 gallon pail of water, so at this point I'll wait until ~mid April to plant them.
14 1,099 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
John - how many cats do you have on the sale. Bet they are good looking with nice bellies.
3 400 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Allan Minear
My guess is a over loaded logging truck . Very nice picture !

Probably
4 627 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Some bedliners suggest scuffing up the paint to get better adherence, but I can't see roughing up the paint on a new truck.
35 1,467 Read More
Fur Handling Forum
4 hours ago
Why not just do a good job of fleshing the first time?
5 110 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
I haven't been to a gun show since before Covid. For me, the only decent deal at a gun show as far as components were those Russian Wolf primers.
I use to be able to buy them for $10 or $12 per thousand. And with the current primer shortage I bet those have dried up now. Not to mention the current hostilities between Russia and the rest of the world.

29 1,605 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa
If you want the best old music then you need the best.

When i hear roy's name i cant help but remember the line from waterboy

kinda like everytime I see The Eagles I hear the line from Big Lebowski
49 312 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Very Nice

Enjoyed the videos too
23 1,025 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
With this dry winter weather, are some of you watering trees?
33 2,476 Read More
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 64 65