trapping
kids

pcsoutdoors

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapping Only
15 minutes ago
BP, the largest of those six was 47" and had a extra leg hole in the back where I got a little wild with the fleshing knife one night. Don't remember all the sizes but two were the smallest of the year. I was very happy with the prices.
That's a fine looking beaver you have there. Your right I've been catching some of my best furred beaver the last few weeks.
70° is way to warm for my liking. We just got done with our last heat wave and we're back to 20° to 40° most of the next 5 days.

NF, that's cool you still trap that club you did with your Dad since 1979
931 63,530 Read More
Trapper Talk
24 minutes ago
3,220 340,866 Read More
Trapper Talk
24 minutes ago
Would pick UConn, but will be rooting for the Tarheels.
8 148 Read More
Trapper Talk
36 minutes ago
Originally Posted by warrior
There was a thread once that had pics of a stand for setting a big bear 660 on its side.

not a big bear- but a 29" 660 Belisle modified.

I'll find the Archives link
https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthr...ep-channeling-660-beaver-adc#Post5470543
8 630 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
I think the associations are greedy. They want to make money for their own association at the sellers expense. If the seller is unhappy about prices to bad for them is the way I think they see it. It's the associations job to get top dollar for their consigners if they are gonna have a sale and if they cannot do it they should not be selling just to benefit them selves.
47 2,440 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Happy birthday Sharon!
46 438 Read More
Trap Collector Forum
2 hours ago
Lohmar, they are just like some of the Triumph traps.
5 79 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
We are in the process of planing a hunt this fall. It will be an DIY hunt, we are looking at units 44 and 444. We put in for mule deer in 444 and OTC elk tags for 2nd rifle. Never hunted Elk or Mule deer, have looked at it on the maps. Anyone have any info they are willing to share about these areas. Not looking for monsters, just something solid.
0 31 Read More
Trapping Only
2 hours ago
Good question. It may have something to do with diet. Around here the beaver that primarily live on cottonwood almost always have light colored castors, whereas, the coastal pond beaver that live on Lilly rhizomes tend to have darker colored ones. Almost always.
1 62 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by AJE
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB
gonna need some kinds of AC in that thing in the summer, you might as well be in an oven.

If true, maybe such heat would be hard on an atv or snowmobile

There are a few around here guys have put the spinning roof vents on top of. I don't know how well they help just noticed they had put them on them when I was driving down the road.
28 3,252 Read More
Lure and Bait Formulator's forum
4 hours ago
Thank you for the replies. I’m glad I saved them.
5 167 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Aww wolfdog camo is a personal thing. It's fun to blend in well and definitely can't hurt a thing. But keep in mind animals don't see like we do different spectrums, and have better hearing and nose. I did a lot of camo when I was young face pain ECT, but in my area for deer I noticed on unplanned hunts after work in jeans and a red flannel I killed just as many. Good approach using terrain, cover and the wind are much more important than camo in my experience. Did you see the pictures I posted of my son at 7 in Brite orange killed his first turkey with that cheap 20lb bow spot and stalking it by himself? Just the best example I personally have to back up my opinion with a personal example. Yet everyone says you need full camo $10 a shot tsx and a shotgun that can shoot 75 yards to kill turkies!!! Hmm maybe it was a freak one off we'll both boys spot and stalked mature time last spring in basic camo one with head net one with face paint and killed mature toms at 13and 15 yards .
Did the camo help well maybe, but I was right between both the boys in a camo t shirt and jeans and no head cover or face paint so I won't say the camo made any different but it could not have hurt.

Bad approach or wrong wind direction and camo won't matter. Don't slam you doors and cycle you guns loudly when you get aout of the truck helps with coyote calling here. Approach and wind make a big difference in success especially if hunting pressure is high. I like a decoy that moves by the call and that a good ways away from me so they are focused on it not on me. I am more successful early in the morning to a few hours after daylight. I'm no expert calling coyotes and don't do it much but t do kill them doing it
23 1,414 Read More
Trapping Only
4 hours ago
Oh no, how dare he laugh Yes, he will be back!
7 444 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Animal rights organizations are out to destroy more than just the rights of hunting and trapping.
They will lie cheat and steal, then put the blame on us.
That trap in the picture isn't hurting that dog, the jaws are closed and just placed on it.
I remember when sickle bar mowers were in common use for making hay.
The farmers dog was always following the farmer around.
They would run in front of the mower, and get their leg cut off .
Back then almost every farm had at least one three legged dog.
The animal rights organizations would take pictures of them and claim it was caused by the dog chewing it's leg off because it was caught in a trap.
They're a very sick deceitful bunch of hate everything anti's!
They cause more division and hate than anyone.
4 213 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Just out of curiosity what kind of church do you preach at? Like, what denomination?

Assembly of God, of the old school, traditional variety.
50 1,421 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by elsmasho82
Ok. Everyone deserves their dreams. Sometimes when I see “celebrities” or people that come from money with exotic big game animals that they have hunted, I am not impressed. Trying to see both sides of the coin.

Normally I think they paid a guide to take them out that did all the work, scouting, ECT them they shoot it take some pictures then head back to the lodge for drinks and cigars while the guid handels gutting and caping the animals. So are they really hunters or people with money that pay hunters to take them out and put them in the place to do the shooting is always my question?

Also because someone with money likes to shoot and has guns does not mean they like the idea of everyone having the same access to guns but like the restrictions as long as it doesn't apply to them.

I'm always cautious and skeptical. One thanks for sure Biden about everything anti-American as you can get. Maybe the election will be such a blow out that they can't deny trumps when this year.
9 323 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
1 of the people at Saturday's River Country RC & D grazing conference said he gets a couple dozen baby goats each spring, lets 'em eat brush all summer & then makes a profit selling "em before winter for meat.
80 8,665 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Wild_WI
Buddy recommended picking it up with a mullet and cutoff flannel to get the friendly discount... I'll let ya know what happens in a week or so

So .... what year is it ?
105 11,102 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Jump to new posts Re: Ting [by AJE]
I wonder if other insurance companies are promoting it too
11 871 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
you ks guys quit with all this Osage orange talk..it's hedge. or if your an okie its bodark laugh
32 1,577 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
[quote=Providence Farm] Keith an infringement is an infringement regardless of the letter by the name. None of them believe in the constitution.

X2

"They" fear SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED almost as much as the words - DJT
5 247 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Rebuilt my 10.5" 6.5 Grendel into a 20". Wanted to see if cast bullets would be as easy with this as it was with 7.62x39. Same parent cases and about the powder level so idk . Apparently 6.5 generally shoots really well in cast and the mold I got was designed by a guy who does a lot of goat hunting with a 6.5 so we will see
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Mold is about a mini version of my Mosin mold
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 31 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
Just watched trapper Jake... Great stuff. Thank you...

I enjoy watching all the seasons of alone.. Old Henry a decent western id never heard of until the other day..
6 442 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by BTLowry
Since I am from Texas, I have no idea what "ice out" or "ice in" is anyway laugh

I would guess "ice in" was the date there was no open water but is "ice out" the first sign of open water or no ice?

Winter was mild down here compared to normal temps

Ice out ..on Lake Winnipesaukee...is when the Mount Washington cruise ship ..can dock at all 5 of its stops.

And just the opposite for ice in..on the lake
19 962 Read More
Trapper Talk
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by warrior
It's a regular bloodbath.

Lol
21 1,005 Read More
Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 61 62