trapping
kids

pcsoutdoors

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
9 minutes ago
So a sling has stronger energy release than a rifle?
36 1,171 Read More
Trap Collector Forum
1 hour ago
I came across this section of chain while I was sorting a box of traps. I was hoping some one could tell me more about it.

Iíve seen chain like the flat links on various traps but the 3 round links are something new.

Thanks [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 3 Read More
Wilderness Trapping and Living
1 hour ago
Take me some time but a buddy lives in ninilchik.i will get back to you
3 123 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Picked up a Smith & Wesson 45cal 625-3 Stainless revolver. It's in excellent condition with a 4" barrel.

Idea on Value? [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 33 Read More
1 hour ago
Good fishing spot , shouldn't be any problem
3 123 Read More
1 hour ago
Take me some time but a buddy lives in ninilchik.i will get back to you
3 123 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
I used to catch them in wire traps that I also used for minnows. Dogfood seemed to work pretty good
8 676 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by warrior
I only have the little 2.5 inch one and it does not get used for reason. Thing bigger ones may be good but the same ones are no good.

A follow up to explain. I believe in the case of the tiny ones its a case of downsizing beyond the capability of materials. The rod used for the jaws appears to be the same as on larger models, 1/4" rod. As such it really presents a small opening and negatively impacts the function of the trigger and closure. I get refusals and push asides with this one.
JMO if redesigned to use lighter wire it may wore better.

We are using one for Moles
14 835 Read More
Trapping Only
2 hours ago
I start scouting for beaver when I'm out bird hunting and getting trails and camps ready for the season,around late September-early October where I am.This is when the beaver start to cut feed and mud the house and dam.I scout for other furbearers when scouting for beaver.I also scout for other furbearers while trapping beaver and start to re-inforce the snares at the jackpots and repair any marten boxes that are down or damaged.
I dump gut buckets at the jackpots as soon as I start catching beaver around the second or third week of October right up until I start trapping land fur in November,and also hang the gutted beaver carcasses in the wood shed at the cabins to cure for trapping later on.I start trapping all the animals visiting the baitsheds when season opens then set up the rest of the line while still trapping some beaver.i scout new country every day I can while trapping so I can hopscotch traps to extend the line as season progresses and keep the catch up.
4 237 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Everyone hates a lawyer,..until they need one.
I don't know why I said that,..but you are welcome James! smirk
4 478 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by swift4me
Mallards of course, but a nice pack of pintails working on the whistle in a north wind are hard to beat. Widgeon are great too when they are really working the call and ecoys.

Those pintails might not taste good when they come off the prairie potholes in Canada, but after a couple months eating rice, they are right up there with the finest greenhead you ever ate.

Pete

I agree, mallards offer more diverse opportunities, here in the great lakes states,considering over decoys on water and more fervently , field shoots over recent corn harvests,those mallards are the bulk of attention. Corn fed mallards put roasters in the oven!
Pintails are fantastic to work, decoy well,seem to ride high, just have to work them.
Waxed full bodied teal in the oven,...hard to beat.
40 1,305 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
What's the difference between a lawyer and a catfish? One's a scum- sucking bottom dweller, and the other one's a fish.
4 478 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
My opinion is no.
5 254 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
My old boss had a conograph and I backed my bow off from 70to60 and it didn't loose much for fps. Just depends on how far you want your arrow to go into the ground after it goes thru the deer.
44 1,634 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Super, congrats on a nice buck.
38 2,080 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by James

You're pretty quick to pronounce judgment on who is a Muslim, who is a Christian, etc.

Jim

Not judging, that's God's job. Just stating that, according to Jesus' words in the Bible, those people are not practicing Christianity. The Bible warns that there will be many false teachers who preach things that are contrary to God's demands, and that we should be vigilant in checking them against the words of God. If you'd spend some time reading the New Testament you would also know all this James.
242 5,008 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by danny clifton

P.S. Lots of Christian churchs accept homosexuality.

The leaders of those churches are the ones Paul warned about. They are not Christians.

You're pretty quick to pronounce judgment on who is a Muslim, who is a Christian, etc.

Jim
242 5,008 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Seems like I remember something biblical about theft being excused at times

Proverbs 6:30-31

Don't forget that Jesus told his disciples to go rustle livestock to get him a ride.

Jim
242 5,008 Read More
Trapping Only
3 hours ago
Knock some holes in the dam and make him work.
3 225 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
8!
You're a glutton for punishment I see
7 613 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago

P.S. Lots of Christian churchs accept homosexuality.

The leaders of those churches are the ones Paul warned about. They are not Christians.
242 5,008 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Alfa Dog
He says they sell by weight.
Interesting. I did not know that.
14 1,095 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Seems like I remember something biblical about theft being excused at times

Proverbs 6:30-31
242 5,008 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by AJE
Originally Posted by Posco
What do you guys consider pre-rut?

The pre-rut is the time period between when the bachelor group bucks separate, and the peak rut begins.

That's just about the time they shed velvet.
18 759 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Posco
What do you guys consider pre-rut?

The pre-rut is the time period between when the bachelor group bucks separate, and the peak rut begins.
18 759 Read More
Page 1 of 860 1 2 3 859 860