trapping
kids

Trading Post

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
13 minutes ago
I got up early, lol. Went to bed around 10 PM.
3 283 Read More
Trapper Talk
35 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Did you pay the annual fee? grin

You’re up late Jim.
3 283 Read More
Trapper Talk
44 minutes ago
Did you pay the annual fee? grin
3 283 Read More
Trapper Talk
45 minutes ago
3,434 404,105 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by trapperbless
We started shipping ours out Monday. We sent out around 140 bred cows so far,260 to go. They go to a group of network farms that do daily rotational grazing through the fall for us. Bring them all home for weaning, preg checks, vaccinations, and ship back out again. Looks like it’ll be time to start chopping ryegrass/wheat once we’re done sending cows. The end product.
[Linked Image]

I'm no expert, but that sure doesn't look like any grass fed beef I've ever seen. That looks like prime+. My mouth is watering just seeing it.
23 769 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
I've had a possum crawling under my house this past week. Two nights ago I set a cage trap right next to the crawlspace entrance, I put an egg in the trap for bait. Nothing the next morning. Yesterday I fried up some halibut, I poured some of the fryer oil into the back of the trap. I caught the critter by 10PM.
That's only the second possum I've caught in 55 years of trapping, so I'm no possum expert.
15 383 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
White cedar and western red cedar are very closely related to each other (many cedars aren't).
I just curious, what does the wood of white cedar look like?
32 2,751 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by Marty
Costco sold 200 million in gold bars to customers in the last 2 quarters and many tons of silver rounds.....

Yes did you see the story? Unless gold goes up 20 percent they lost money. It can only be sold thru a gold broker and most charge 15-20 percent. So they got it in a safe Is it going to yield? Next year you open your safe and there is hundred dollar bill beside it

Why do you say that it can only be sold through a gold broker? I've never heard of that. Most gold bullion coins (Maple Leafs, Krugerrands, US Mint gold coins, and recognized bars, etc.) can usually sold by the individual at the current spot price. The dealers make their money on the sale of those products, usually $50-$75 per one ounce coin.
25 804 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Gunbroker.com
The buyer buys them from you online, then you send them to his local FFL dealer.
Probably your best prices. I would not go the route of selling them to a dealer unless you want to leave a substantial amount of money on the table.

Selling the low end guns at a local "junk" auction will generally bring you more than the guns are worth, except that many of those auctions charge ridiculously high selling commissions; often times 25-35%.
26 775 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
^x2
26 775 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Woodsloafer72
Rob, all of my others are single shots.

Like with all my others, it will be for whatever I need to shoot. Never used a 16, just a 10, 12, and a 20. Whatever I get I will reload for.

Pete, you think a slug would blow out the C-lect choke?

one of my first years hunting was a 16ga bolt with a c-lect choke missing a bunch of parts worked fine for slugs after the first couple but then it didn't work very well for anything else, the issue is when you have them not opened all the way up.
I wasn't around when they had it happen but someone had it when the area when shotgun only in the late 70s , so they ran a slug through it , broke the band and lost the outer ring , I don't know exactly how it happened but was told , yup first slug they ran with it chocked did that.

but also they don't have much for lock up it is the back of the bolt handle and it batters that bolt handle into the receiver.

so a slug here and there but besides being abusive to you it does seems to slam that bold handle into receiver
7 355 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Do not move into that apartment. You will Regret it. For many reason. I am sure there is a place somewhere that is just as nice and for the same price or cheaper. Don’t do it. Marty
26 775 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
I only buy coins and unlike stocks I hold them.
25 804 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
[Linked Image]
25 804 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Buddy of mine that is multimillionaire told me before COVID never to buy gold bars only coins. I thought it didn’t matter but after seeing Costco story on news I see why. According to news reports each of those bars are registered. You guys don’t register your guns but you buy gold that is ? Government keeps track of gold bars I guess....
25 804 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
If it is worth more dollars it yields
25 804 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Marty
Costco sold 200 million in gold bars to customers in the last 2 quarters and many tons of silver rounds.....

Yes did you see the story? Unless gold goes up 20 percent they lost money. It can only be sold thru a gold broker and most charge 15-20 percent. So they got it in a safe Is it going to yield? Next year you open your safe and there is hundred dollar bill beside it
25 804 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
How does gold yield every year? It can’t !
25 804 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by trapped4ever
Originally Posted by Boco
On marten fisher lynx and beaver only.
But quotas are specific to each rtl,but no limit on amount of rtls you can trap,except your physical ability.
I used to run many lines on weekly checks when I was younger,never check the same trapline each day.Take one day a week off to skin.
Each line would be checked once every 7 days since all sets are lethal.
I only trap 3 rtls now because of my age.
I produced a lot more fur when I was younger and held down a full time job at the same time, than i do now that i am retired with more time.
I thought I would be able to trap like a maniac once I took my pension from the railroad unfortunately things dont work that way.
I do keep in the fur game though by trapping, tanning,designing and sewing fur articles the latter being much easier,on the old joints and often more lucrative than trapping full bore.

You are trapping smarter, not harder!! wink Aging can be, and is frustrating, but we all might as well enjoy whatever we can still get out and do! smile I was hoping to hear more stories of high value catch days, just out of curiosity to see how what I considered to be some of my GREAT days, stacked up to others stories of their good old days! wink

Each season there are always one or two days that are extraordinary,I remember a few multispecies days in the 2g + range.10 years ago or so when marten and otter were good and cats and beaver fair.
i am sure you must have had a few 10g+ checksT4E with the amount of fur you have shown on here.
I am just talking about raw fur prices,not the prices realized by value added goods.(Still have many great returns on those) .
97 3,737 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
I thought it had to do with Winchester.
My sister in law is an explosives engineer there.
1 90 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Peace Blessed Peace comes from forgiveness ,do your best ,ask God for the Grace to forgive . It is so sweet .
33 1,194 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Thanks
17 1,454 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
I run two - Driftwood and Agate and trap on the a Native line (Adnac)as a designate,mostly nuisance and in fall.(That is why the beaver quota is open on that one)
97 3,737 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Are you a Ruger fan? Maybe red pad rifles or revolvers?
26 775 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Boco
On marten fisher lynx and beaver only.
But quotas are specific to each rtl,but no limit on amount of rtls you can trap,except your physical ability.
I used to run many lines on weekly checks when I was younger,never check the same trapline each day.Take one day a week off to skin.
Each line would be checked once every 7 days since all sets are lethal.
I only trap 3 rtls now because of my age.
I produced a lot more fur when I was younger and held down a full time job at the same time, than i do now that i am retired with more time.
I thought I would be able to trap like a maniac once I took my pension from the railroad unfortunately things dont work that way.
I do keep in the fur game though by trapping, tanning,designing and sewing fur articles the latter being much easier,on the old joints and often more lucrative than trapping full bore.

You are trapping smarter, not harder!! wink Aging can be, and is frustrating, but we all might as well enjoy whatever we can still get out and do! smile I was hoping to hear more stories of high value catch days, just out of curiosity to see how what I considered to be some of my GREAT days, stacked up to others stories of their good old days! wink
97 3,737 Read More
Page 1 of 787 1 2 3 786 787