trapping
kids

Trading Post

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
5 minutes ago
A friend of mine explained to me years ago that the only thing golden is your pee
13 463 Read More
Trapper Talk
7 minutes ago
I rather raise chickens.
16 708 Read More
Trapper Talk
7 minutes ago
Im not really big on fruit , but my asian pears and peaches are awesome.
40 846 Read More
Trapper Talk
8 minutes ago
If you eat right when growing up and stay attractive your body will take care of you in latter years.
13 463 Read More
Trapper Talk
8 minutes ago
Keep on trucking.
13 463 Read More
Trapper Talk
9 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Sullivan K
Probably five years ago I decided that I wanted to try and catch a coyote. I trapped when I was a kid, I’ll be 73 this year, but all that I trapped were muskrats. I have only set a few traps in the last thirty years, catching a few nuisance coon and a few muskrats that were causing a problem, where I used to work.
My brother gave me a couple of traps, that were the proper size for coyotes, to use, and a kind person sent me some lures. That fall all it did was rain and I wasn’t going to try to catch a coyote in the mud.
Then something happened to my ability to walk, my feet did not move properly, I could barely walk. I started getting around with a cane. I finally went to the doctor and he sent me to rehab. Rehab helped very much. I got to the point where I still didn’t walk very well but only needed a cane in the morning.
Then I fell a couple of months ago and dislocated my shoulder. I really screwed it up. So now my right arm does not work very well. I have lost a lot of range of motion and it still hurts.
So, I still don’t walk very well and I have an arm that isn’t much.
I never did get a chance to try and catch a coyote and there is a coon that is causing me problems now, but I am unable to set a trap.
I just had to hire a local hand handyman to come over and do some stuff for me that involves climbing a ladder, which I cannot do anymore.
That’s my sob story.

I guess what this all boils down to is that you better enjoy things while you can. This getting old and losing the ability to do things is frustrating.

I know how you feel, Sullivan K, and I'm only 64 & Change !!!

Just keep moving as best you can & don't stop !!!

Hope you get to feeling better.

walleyed
13 463 Read More
Trapper Talk
9 minutes ago
Originally Posted by OhioBoy
I grew up with Allis Chalmers and that doesn't ring a bell. Half looked like a battery clip or points or something but it appears to be solid.

Speaking of which do you remember that White17 was the last Homesteader in Alaska (U.S actually I think) and had an old Allis Chalmers C out in bush at that place that they plucked out of there with a chopper in the last decade or so and put in a museum somewhere b/c it was the last homestead. That's how I remember the story anyway. Its close. Orange tractor parts made me think of that I guess. Hope he is doing well.

That's just west of Beatrice, Nebraska. Seen it a few weeks ago when visiting my brother. Very cool place and recommend checking it out whenever your in the area.
8 604 Read More
Trapper Talk
9 minutes ago
A concern with raising them might be if the market doesn't take off, you might see breeders turn them loose into the wild like what happened in Florida.
16 708 Read More
Trapper Talk
10 minutes ago
Day off.
17 214 Read More
Trapper Talk
11 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Donnie H
Fields are your friend when it rains

X100
17 214 Read More
Trapper Talk
11 minutes ago
I knew a guy that had about 50 dwarf mini peach trees. They were only about 4ft tall but did set heavily every year.
68 7,749 Read More
Trapper Talk
14 minutes ago
For me the bugaboo was brown rot/blossom blight with western Oregon's rainy springs. But I had a good run and we still have customers crying about not getting our peaches and nectarines any longer.
40 846 Read More
Trapper Talk
15 minutes ago
After trying fruit bearing size Contender trees for two seasons outdoors(tree came with a one year replacement) we went to a dwarf Contender planted in a container that we move into a three season porch from outside deck to temper the winter lows. Going on third season and getting fruit each season(dozen to two full size peaches - SO GOOD). More effort than if they could survive in the orchard but they are delicious. It does bloom very early so we hand pollinate it(self fertile) which seems to be working as we have to thin the maturing fruit as they seem to develop in groups of three's.
68 7,749 Read More
Trapper Talk
19 minutes ago
Catch up on sleep,,,,,,chores,,,,,business/work,,,family commitments

Turkey season is long and gruelling
17 214 Read More
Trapper Talk
20 minutes ago
This past week I trapped 3 beaver. The largest one weighed 61 pounds. I had to carry it about 100 yards. I'm in my 80s. I made it with a few stops to catch my breath. 30 years ago, I wouldn't have needed to stop.
13 463 Read More
Trapper Talk
20 minutes ago
Originally Posted by WhiteCliffs
For those who grow them, Peach trees are the devil

But they taste sooo good...if its not all the frost its peach tree curl..
40 846 Read More
Trapper Talk
25 minutes ago
Good morning
20 274 Read More
Trapper Talk
28 minutes ago
The leaves are wet, so you can spot and stock, through woods to field edges.
17 214 Read More
Trapper Talk
28 minutes ago
Are those real photos, or paintings? Either way, gorgeous.
17 552 Read More
Trapper Talk
29 minutes ago
good stuff . . really enjoy your pictures
1 70 Read More
Trapper Talk
29 minutes ago
He's an interesting guy. Hope all is well.
1 142 Read More
Trapper Talk
29 minutes ago
How far from Dayton are you?
13 463 Read More
Trapper Talk
30 minutes ago
For those who grow them, Peach trees are the devil
40 846 Read More
Trapper Talk
32 minutes ago
6, tough one.
3,491 435,687 Read More
Trapper Talk
38 minutes ago
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Sounds stressful. Condolences.

ill be happy if I get peaches. Goes with the territory.
40 846 Read More
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25