trapping
kids

Trading Post

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
2 minutes ago
I like the etex......, 25-100 bucks at the pawn shop
Coolest this is the "best time to fish/hunt" page.

30 years fishing for sturgeon,,,,, I would pull that stupid device out of my pocket and say "Your going to get a bite,",...
4 64 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 minutes ago
Strange I guess I am. I have tracked hundreds of bears, been nose to nose with them crawling through the bush, swamps, or corn fields, and find it the rush of rushes. I could die but that's the exileration of it. Scarry as heck but oh what a rush to have one swat at you, growl, lung etc. in most cases unless I was alone tracking my own I have never carried a weapon myself either. Never thought of it as miserable. Different perspectives.
15 387 Read More
Trapper Talk
15 minutes ago
I've been thinking about getting a butterfly house. I wonder if they work

I saw 1 at Hardware Hank today for only $15. I didn't buy it, but I am thinking about it. Maybe some of you have suggestions for effective houses

0 9 Read More
Trapper Talk
15 minutes ago
Anchovie pasta sauce...
29 555 Read More
Trapper Talk
16 minutes ago
I have a smart phone and use On-X. Can pin point traps or points of interest as well as property lines or names of land owners. Way more benefits than your standard GPS for a lot less. Something to think about.
4 64 Read More
Trapper Talk
21 minutes ago
Reading a paper book is probably better for ones eyes than on a screen
18 898 Read More
Trapper Talk
21 minutes ago
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Do you not have a tracker for your hound that can double as you personal GPS?

No I dont.
4 64 Read More
Trapper Talk
22 minutes ago
Do you not have a tracker for your hound that can double as you personal GPS?
4 64 Read More
Trapper Talk
23 minutes ago
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

fried Lawyers

maybe a little out of the norm but definitely not weird

I'd call that pretty weird. Dahmerish, even.
29 555 Read More
Trapper Talk
23 minutes ago
Originally Posted by bucksnbears
Yep, been there, done that.

me too!
11 530 Read More
Trapper Talk
25 minutes ago
This is my 3rd year collecting white oak acorns & I'm still unable to predict when an especially heavy drop will occur. Sometimes I think I'll find a better bounty after a high wind or heavy rain, but it doesn't seem to be that way.
138 24,629 Read More
Trapper Talk
27 minutes ago
Originally Posted by 160user

And YOU. Both easy targets. smile

Some what like Dobbins beaver plus,,,,,,Drawing them in for a easy Kill,..........
39 1,338 Read More
Trapper Talk
33 minutes ago
Boco’s living a lifestyle in beautiful country many of us dream of.
39 1,338 Read More
Trapper Talk
49 minutes ago
Boco contributes more useful and relevant info on here than all of the whiny, butt hurt, babies that bash him ever will…
39 1,338 Read More
Trapper Talk
54 minutes ago
thanks i mixed mash potatoes sweet corn meal and baking soda put out 24 hours ago starting to see results thanks again
28 1,132 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Been there, done that. Looked at a used truck at a car lot once that had one stuck in they said they couldn't get out with a torch. Only have an issue with the Dodge because I don't tow with it often, but I use both 2" and 2 5/16" in it so I have to change it once or twice a year. My stinger never comes out of the Toyotas unless I am selling the truck or I've worn them out and have to replace them. Switched to the solid stingers over the tube ones because I would egg out the holes for the pin on the tube ones in a few years. When you egg out that hole so they have a half or three quarters of an inch of slop in them it makes for a Jolty ride with a trailer behind you. Usually I don't have a problem with them rusting into place though because they have trailer behind them most of the time and that keeps the stinger broke loose.
11 530 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
I *think* there is a place in Fredericksburg Iowa that offers this. Or use to anyways. You'd have to do some google searching.
14 347 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Walleyed is just mad knowing that if he wasn’t on trapperman for awhile, no one would be asking where he was. Lol
39 1,338 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by elsmasho82
Originally Posted by Vinke
Quit picking on the guy,,,,, ya got the kid now...............

HA!!!!

And YOU. Both easy targets. smile
39 1,338 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Vinke
Quit picking on the guy,,,,, ya got the kid now...............

HA!!!!
39 1,338 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
I have found some of Boco’s posts to be very helpful. Always willing to answer questions and share his knowledge. Glad he is willing to contribute to the forum.
39 1,338 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
I built a CLT cabin/guest house/sauna lounge thing that had been drawn by an architect from Finland. Plans had both standard and metric, but not for the same dimension. It was a little standard here and some metric there. The feeling I got as I smashed that metric tape with my hammer was one of the best I've had swinging the hammer. It would take a few generations to accomplish.
65 1,221 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago

Brewers hold on to sweep the Reds. Another very soso outing for Williams. Great defensive play by Bauers. He struck out 4 times but saved the game.

Bryce
699 60,820 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by J.Morse
Originally Posted by 160user
I know some guys that go each year in Eastern MT. I am not sure which Reservation they hunt but they have gone every year for MANY years and only hunt with late 1800's rifles. I will see if I can get some information out of them. I have seen pictures of them with buffalo with Spencers, Sharps (obviously), Whitneys and Trapdoors. It is kind of their "thing".

Sounds interesting!

It sounds like it. They all hunt with different "era correct" rifles each year. They bring my parents a picture of them with the animal and rifle they shot it with and most were bought from my parents. They ended up with the "Family" 1886 Winchester in 38-56 and shot a buffalo with it but that is VERY modern for them. They did it as a favor to my dad.
14 347 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Congratulations on the pears ...ours are small fruit and still hard.
3 197 Read More
Page 1 of 179 1 2 3 178 179