trapping
kids

Trading Post

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
49 seconds ago
seven games and good hockey for most part,and ya i agree 7 games and overtime even better,this serirs kept me watching.
3 349 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 minutes ago
I check mid morning, gives the animals time to settle down from their night and early morning activities and I can harvest them in daylight and before the heat of the day. Obviously with school you can't do that. So I would get out and check after school as early as possible.

Have you been out scouting your areas? Asking permissions to expand you trapping area, small parcels are just as valuable as the large ones? Planning your trapline/s and considering how you're going to get your harvest home since you're not driving yet? It's one thing to carry a couple of animals, another to transport 6 or 12 home if you're having a fantastic day.
7 148 Read More
Lure and Bait Formulator's forum
5 minutes ago
Appreciate the input. I didn't figure it would be perfect, just seemed off based on the color. I know it will take time and mistakes can be made, the record keeping makes perfect sense, and the devil is in the details I am sure.
3 53 Read More
Trapper Talk
6 minutes ago
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Put a couple swivels in the trap chain

NorthernTrapper---do what danny said. With good equipment that has plenty of working swivels you can feel confident holding critters thru daylight hours and into the evening without issue assuming a 24 hour check. Chewing by canines isnt an issue and with your choice of jaw setups from laminations to offsets you will give healthy feet.

Whether to check in the morning or evening as far as potentially scaring critters generally isnt my biggest concern and I'd suggest you do what works best for your personal situation. If getting up real early is going to be an issue with going to school, then I would check at night. But I saw that you had another post about trying to reach some goals this year so you may find yourself checking some parts of a line before school and other parts when you come home. Ask anyone that runs substantial lines and you'll see that it often is necessary to be operating in the morning, day, evening and even dark depending on the situations. These days I somewhat limit my running at night but for years I ran primarily in the dark from about 8pm until 3am. You see alot more critters out moving then. I never really knew if it hurt the catches or not. My gut always said it wasnt the best thing to do but it was the only option if wanted to have a line.
7 148 Read More
Trap Shed
10 minutes ago
For sale:

Weibe 8in super sharp, barely used.: $12

Unknown brand trap #1.75 has sensitive trigger, good collectable or wall hanger, would hold a coon or fox and occasionally a coyote probably: $5

Duke 550 harder to set then other 550s, basically brand new except with rust: $13

Fox urine from trap shed supply.com. UNOPENED!!: $5

[Linked Image]

Take all for: $35 free shipping I will pay for shipping.

Pm for more info u.s.p.s cash or check (check preferably)
0 17 Read More
Trapper Talk
15 minutes ago
Prayers sent all goes well.
48 1,616 Read More
Trapper Talk
16 minutes ago
I've been making walking sticks out of some of the straighter plants.
103 11,528 Read More
Trapper Talk
19 minutes ago
Nothing wrong with Spam, just get the lower sodium stuff, the full power Spam is mostly salt, lol
9 429 Read More
Trapper Talk
19 minutes ago
Pretty cool! Nice video.
12 814 Read More
Trapper Talk
26 minutes ago
So sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my daughter unexpectedly when she was 49.
Prayers sent.
26 1,421 Read More
Trapper Talk
28 minutes ago
When Iím off work or weekends I check around 9-10 AM to allow any morning activity to die down. During the week I have to check when I get home. Usually in the dark.
7 148 Read More
Trapper Talk
30 minutes ago
Most of the time with me yes.
If someone wants money upfront. I want a receipt , unless I know and trust them.
In the case of a loan I consider it the same. If I can afford to not get it payed back then I consider it a gift.
If I can't afford to loan it or pay the amount in cash upfront. Then I won't.
It surprises me who actually pays you back and who dous not.
But you learn who has integrity, atliest you hope.
10 214 Read More
Trapper Talk
33 minutes ago
Most will start leaking before they explode. Russian roulette is not a game I want to play. Compressor tank is ensconced it its own cage. Most tanks never explode though, so going for a drive is probably more dangerous than working around a compressor.
29 976 Read More
Trapper Talk
33 minutes ago
Put a couple swivels in the trap chain
7 148 Read More
Trapper Talk
34 minutes ago
I would check evenings. They move a lot more in the morning. No they dont chew feet off.
7 148 Read More
Trap Shed
38 minutes ago
ttt
3 790 Read More
Trapper Talk
38 minutes ago
We love Walmart version in the Smoked Bacon Flavor. Sometimes she just breads it and fries it or sometimes she just fries and makes a whole skillet of milk gravy with the grease and I eat like a pig, no I mean King for 2 days or 3 if it last that long.
9 429 Read More
Trapper Talk
40 minutes ago
Good summary Trapset. For me it was the latter.
18 2,471 Read More
Trapper Talk
41 minutes ago
WRR,
Not sure if you're asking me, but that looks like the edge of what is called a mesocyclone cloud.

In other words, bad weather coming.

Had to look up the name...lol
4 85 Read More
Trapper Talk
41 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Turtledale
I love spam.....saving this one for Christmas [Linked Image]

What a weird flavor laugh
9 429 Read More
Trap Shed
42 minutes ago
Ttt
1 303 Read More
Wilderness Trapping and Living
44 minutes ago
Good morning and Happy Summer Trappers. Been a busy spring and start of summer. Haven't started working iron yet but been busy for sure. Started out putting a new roof and ceiling in the shop. That was way bigger of a task than expected but all went well. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
That spray foam for insulation might seem like a great idea but it sure can hide some failings. Had to replace all but 2 of the top cords of the trusses and every purlins. The roof leaked for many years but the foam held in the moisture rotting the wood. Got all that replaced and repaired, added ten 50' LVL's for extra support and put 22 inches of blow in fiberglass insulation. [Linked Image]
Should be warm in there this winter and prepare yourself for a cold winter because this Global warming is going away now.

Still building traps when I get time. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Clear cut a lot on the Airstrip for a friend of mine in exchange for the wood. It was a little overwhelming with the amount of birch that got stacked up in my yard. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
That was going to be a lot of work cutting and splitting so I rented a processor. [Linked Image]
I liked it so much that I bought it. Wow can a person with some drive put up some firewood with this thing. A forklift or skid steer to feed it helps. The stacking takes some time. [Linked Image]
Still have one day of processing left and will be stacking for a while.

Flew out to a buddies cabin for a few days to put new footings under the deck. The runoff from the roof undermined the footings and began to list. We have fixed that and putting gutters on also to help avoid this. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
We put in 109 bags of concrete hauled in with the Super Cub. Little workhorse for sure. Here she is at 4am with the sunrise. [Linked Image]
We even did a little fishing [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Had put a bait out this spring but didn't hunt it. We had a few bears hit starting on May 18th and had the drum empty by the 23rd. Will definitely spend some time out there next spring. 6 different griz hit the bait. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Got a boat in the jig to straighten today and hopefully start working iron next week. Have a safe and productive summer.
1,683 2,253,677 Read More
Trapper Talk
44 minutes ago
He's been hanging out in my barn a looooonnnnngggg time [Linked Image]
6 511 Read More
Trapper Talk
49 minutes ago
When an oath does not include a higher power then its the persons word that is binding. We think breaking our word is some new modern technique that has been learned by an elite few to pass it on to the rest how to get out of our word by using a slick and crafty way as to make it all acceptable and tricking the conscience so the little voice is at quiet and at ease. When in fact it has been practiced thousands of years.

I will make this short so those not interested won't be bored the rest can study Judges 21 to get the whole.
The tribes had just about killed off the tribe of Benjamin and there was not enough woman left for them to repopulate. Since they had taken a vow not to let the tribe of Benjamin to have their daughters they was bound. So what they did was have a festival and the girls would dance and the tribe of Benjamin men would run out there and catch them a woman while the fathers of the girls would look the other way and thus not break their vow they had made. Clear conscience ? Once we override conscience by tricking it then next time it gets easier and may not require tricking it to be alright with it.

Judges 21
20 Therefore they commanded the children of Benjamin, saying, Go and lie in wait in the vineyards;

21 And see, and, behold, if the daughters of Shiloh come out to dance in dances, then come ye out of the vineyards, and catch you every man his wife of the daughters of Shiloh, and go to the land of Benjamin.

22 And it shall be, when their fathers or their brethren come unto us to complain, that we will say unto them, Be favourable unto them for our sakes: because we reserved not to each man his wife in the war: for ye did not give unto them at this time, that ye should be guilty.

23 And the children of Benjamin did so, and took them wives, according to their number, of them that danced, whom they caught: and they went and returned unto their inheritance, and repaired the cities, and dwelt in them.

24 And the children of Israel departed thence at that time, every man to his tribe and to his family, and they went out from thence every man to his inheritance.

25 In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
10 214 Read More
Trapper Talk
49 minutes ago
I love spam.....saving this one for Christmas [Linked Image]
9 429 Read More
Page 1 of 132 1 2 3 131 132