trapping
kids

pcsoutdoors

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
2 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Dave Kimball
Originally Posted by Bob
You are not financially ready to retire. I can tell that just by your posts on here. If you want to retire you’re going to have to live on nothing and start saving aggressively In an IRA or 401k for the next five to ten years. And I mean aggressively, the legal maximum the government will allow, which I believe This year is 18,000 a year in a 401k and 7,000 a year in an IRA. I think you can even do a little extra at your age as catch up.

Young people on here, take note. 60 might seem way far away, but you gotta start saving now if you’re ever going to retire. This would be a much different conversation if coonman had saved 15 percent of his income in a 401k for the last 30 years. He would be a millionaire. He wouldn’t have to worry about his truck breaking down, cause he could just go pay cash for a brand new one. He could never work another day in his life if he felt like it.

Coonman, I’m not trying to be down on you. I just want the young folks here to understand that THEY control their future and retirement, not the government or social security.

Mr. Bob,

Any chance you are not accounting for the fact that CM may be "hard scrabble" and knows how to grind out an existence?

Well if he wants to struggle for the rest of his life then I guess he can retire whenever he wants.
48 1,219 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 minutes ago
Happy anniversary!
9 287 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 minutes ago
135 SCORE, NOT WEIGHT
15 1,100 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 minutes ago
The alphabets may only have an idea of what your arsenal contains but they are aware you have one, unless you have never bought a firearm on the insta check program, then maybe you are not on the firearm owner list.

I am curious as to when the alphabets got the authority to interpret law, who gave it to them, and will those interpretations hold up in court.
10 774 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 minutes ago
You are very welcome
13 824 Read More
Trapper Talk
12 minutes ago
You must have a short memory . Last year around this time there was a lengthy exchange that several on here proclaimed that such a "zone" didn't exist.

2 85 Read More
Trapper Talk
12 minutes ago
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
BIG problem is so many have already voted. Can't take back even if they change their minds.
Call you recall a president like you do a govenor ???

Actually there are are 7 states that allow early voting to change their votes . PA is one of them and after the last debate there was a huge spike in searches on how to charge your vote.
5 332 Read More
Trapper Talk
14 minutes ago
Many years ago... I caught 365 coon in Ohio... and I never wanted to see another coon.... of course I was working a full time job and trying to raise a family at the time.

Garry-
27 1,669 Read More
Trapper Talk
16 minutes ago
No such thing as a perfect candidate. There's something we don't like about any of them. You just have to decide if the good the candidate might do is enough to accept the bad they might do. There's things I don't like about Trump, and things I don't like about Libertarians and Republicans in general. For me, the good things President Trump has done are good enough to look past his flaws and the things he does with which I disapprove.

One of my favorite hymns, taken from a Psalm, says.

Hallelujah, praise Jehovah,
O my soul, Jehovah praise;
I will sing the glorious praises
Of my God through all my days.
Put no confidence in princes,
Nor for help on man depend;

He shall die, to dust returning,
And his purposes shall end.

Happy is the man that chooses
Israel's God to be his aid;
He is blessed whose hope of blessing
On the Lord his God is stayed.

Heaven and earth the Lord created,
Seas and all that they contain;
He delivers from oppression,
Righteousness he will maintain.

Food he daily gives the hungry,
Sets the mourning prisoner free,
Raises those bowed down with anguish,
Makes the sightless eyes to see.
Well Jehovah loves the righteous,
And the stranger he befriends,
Helps the fatherless and widow,
Judgment on the wicked sends.

Hallelujah, praise Jehovah,
O my soul, Jehovah praise;
I will sing the glorious praises
Of my God through all my days.
Over all God reigns for ever,
Through all ages he is king;
Unto him, thy God, O Zion,
Joyful hallelujahs sing.

No matter who wins the election for President of US - have confidence knowing that King Jesus is on His throne. The heart of the kings of this world are like water in His hands and He directs them wherever He wants them to go.
18 333 Read More
Trapper Talk
18 minutes ago
A protestor "peacefully" rammed a police line with a pickup truck running over one.
2 116 Read More
Trapper Talk
24 minutes ago
Still waiting.
60 1,180 Read More
Trapping Only
26 minutes ago
Simple. Use bodygrippers or stake!
4 84 Read More
Trapper Talk
30 minutes ago
When the ground gets frozen hard,you won't pull them and an auger won't work either.It will only spin on top of the ground.In that country,I would use rebar stakes and vice grips to twist them out.I use a pry bar when near the truck.I can pull them all winter long.We have already had -5 degree temps here.Earth anchors,I wait till spring.I mark them with a length of orange bailing twine.It holds up well and isn't conspicuous.(more of a rust color,actually)
18 974 Read More
Trapper Talk
31 minutes ago
Dandy doe Doug.
Happy birthday.
26 163 Read More
Trapper Talk
34 minutes ago
Originally Posted by white17

I saw that. I thought we were talking after the election, which I believe will actually crush these terrorist shortly after.
9 358 Read More
Trapper Talk
38 minutes ago
Today's snow is expected to anywhere from 4-12". It stopped briefly in the early morning hours but has continued since I woke up at 5.

Going off the measurements on the stairs we're at 16" since yesterday at 1100 hrs
11 363 Read More
Trapper Talk
43 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Taximan
I don't understand it but the unlaminated jaw version would be more likely to have it happen than laminated or cast.Still,I have never seen it happen.I can tell you one thing,you will get a lot of damage with those unlaminated jaws.They were originally offered for those that wanted to laminate their own.I would never set them again.I had a dozen and ended up replacing the jaws with cast.

x2
13 730 Read More
Trapper Talk
44 minutes ago
I cant find out how long it takes to fully charge on household current, battery life expectancy, number of batteries or battery cost. AMP hours to fully charge so cost can be calculated
6 511 Read More
Trapper Talk
51 minutes ago
Sent from here too
27 680 Read More
Trapper Talk
56 minutes ago
Congrats, but I'll pass I much prefer my water to remain soft.
26 1,113 Read More
Trapper Talk
59 minutes ago
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My .243 Remington Mohawk
46 677 Read More
Wilderness Trapping and Living
1 hour ago
Dont know him, but I call BS. He doesn't strike me as someone with a lot of experience. I think he's just trying to get "views" to his videos.
1 89 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Goose pastrami is great! Here's one more recipe I do for Corned Goose Breast.

[Linked Image]
15 1,044 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Zim

As far as contacting the land owner, and this may be a shock,
try the US Postal Service and a 50 cent stamp.

Zim

I'll occasionally get actual letters from people wanting to hunt. I always respond, with a letter, and it's usually a positive response.
15 499 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
I'm sorry yallz, The thread I was on bounced to this before I realized it, and then couldn't find it! yuo all will get old one day to....especially you, Charlie! grin That "next thread" bar has got me in trouble before! lol
7 264 Read More
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8