trapping
kids


Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trap Shed
1 hour ago
Looking for stretchers in PA. Mainly fox, coon & fisher. Yote & cat wouldn’t be bad either. Thank you! In CPA.
0 4 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Back again for another year. Archery deer starts Saturday. Gave making my own bait my first go with my first beavers carcass & some help from FnT. Dialing in the last few things. I need & ready for another beautiful year in these Pennsylvania woods. Went to Maine bear hunting, unfortunately, yet again, there were too many berries first week & we did not have the best of luck. Hopefully next year, after twenty years of always going first week, I can finally talk Pappy into going week 5 so I can hunt with hounds and he can enjoy his “vacation” at a bait. I hope you all had a great summer. Excited for all the successes & failures we will have this year.
0 33 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 hours ago
Nex game decides the play offs. At least who's still playing.
0 39 Read More
Fur Handling Forum
4 hours ago
Hello folks! I have been peeling critters by hand since my longline days out of high school. Now at only 47 yo, I have a fairly well developed case of Carpal Tunnel in both hands. I have made the decision to install an electric skinning machine finally, but have some limitations... I have, in recent years, downsized from a 14' ceiling height, to now only 9' 6" in max height. I already have the electric winch and just bought an M&M Boys "Easy Skinner Base" in the 12" tall model. I am wondering... If I offset my winch back a rafter or two and have the cable run horizontal through a pully mounted tight to the full 9' 6" ceiling height, will I be able to pull a large coyote without re clamping??? Would I have to go with the 6" skinner base to make this work or will I be fine with the 12" model? Of course the pully itself will likely eat up 2" to 3" of usable height in itself. Would sure appreciate any real advice on this topic from you fellows that have actual experience with this. Thanks! Joel
0 9 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 11:48 PM
2 Shrade 152ot sharpfinger knives, New unused $35 SHIPPED FOR THE pair.

[Linked Image]
0 96 Read More
Lure and Bait Formulator's forum
Yesterday at 09:35 PM
In the past I’ve made LDC for marten by following a combo of Rich Mellon’s (trapping Inc. ) and Jeremiah Wood (trapping today) YouTube videos. Jeremiah touts the use of super-lube “food base lithium grease”
I used to buy the super live on Amazon but the packaging changed and I’m not sure which grease has the properties I want. According to what I’ve read lithium grease will not crust up like Vaseline, and emits scent more and longer in the cold.
. Can I use any relatively scent-free lithium grease? Anybody know? Thank you
0 43 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 09:19 PM


Conglomerate Genes
0 243 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 07:13 PM
So I know the regs: less than 60 sq in opening, and the trigger has to be at 12 in from the opening of the box, and have a stack I've made that fits within the regs. Just wondering what everyone's looking like and if anyone has come up with a clever design for them, or one using a "different" container than a wooden box.
0 83 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 06:55 PM
I have 2dz K9 extemes they are 4 coiled. Used two seasons. $200 per dz plus shipping.
0 138 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 05:13 PM
A friend, a new friend built this for me and brought it over and set it up and showed me with like five or six cuttings.What to do?I'm very excited abou [Linked Image]
t it
0 221 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 04:47 PM
About to move and can't bring this stuff with me. Haven't trapped in years anyway. All in good condition with a coat of brown paint. $350 for all of it. Willing to meet in most of Maine or eastern New Hampshire.
Would be a great starter kit for a water trapper. The only book I'm keeping is The Great Teachers. smile
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 279 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 04:09 PM
I have a dozen dog proofs left that I have never used. $135 shipped for the dozen. [Linked Image]
0 148 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 01:54 PM
Time for tanning.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 113 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 12:56 PM
Time to give up the Bait and Lure Business, I just no longer have the time to pursue it. It would be a great way for someone to get a head start on it if they were thinking on taking the leap into the bait and lure business. Wish me continued luck in the next adventure. lol

https://iowatrappertalk.com/ubbthre...ss-lock-stock-barrel-for-sale#Post170073
0 318 Read More
Trapper Talk
09/28/26 10:48 PM
Anybody use Night Owls bait solution?
0 185 Read More
Trap Shed
09/28/26 10:27 PM
For Sale - Mathews V3X - 29” - Black
- 28” Draw Module
- 65 Lb Module

- Front Frontline Stabilizer 12”, with 8* quick disconnect, and 4 oz weights
- Side Frontline Stabilizer 8”, with Shrewd Mount, and 2 oz weights

- Sight: Trophy Ridge React Pro Intergrate
- Rest: QAD Ultrarest Intergrate MX

- Cheap Black Quiver and (4) Carbon Express Arrows

$1,100 Shipped

Can text pictures upon request.
0 147 Read More
Trap Shed
09/28/26 04:22 PM
New.

Size medium, Highlander camo.

$150 shipped.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
0 141 Read More
Trapper Talk
09/28/26 12:08 PM
Crazy to think a quarterback is one touchdown away from the franchise record beating out a running back and a receiver.
0 152 Read More
Trapper Talk
09/28/26 11:41 AM
Its that time of year, when many of us start or are well into trap prep season.
Let's take a look at the Western guys getting ready for their "hunts."

From Beckwourth:
From this encampment we moved on to Lewis’s Fork, on the Columbia River, where we made
a final halt to prepare for the fall trapping season. Some small parties, getting tired of inaction,
would occasionally sally out to the small mountain streams, all of which contained plenty of beaver,
and would frequently come in with several skins.
I prepared my traps one day, thinking to go out alone, and see what my luck might be. I mounted
my horse, and, on approaching a small stream, dismounted to take a careful survey, to see if there
were any signs of beaver.


From Alexander Ross:
Tuesday March(14). There fell seven inches of snow; south wind soon dispelled the gloom. This
being a good place for horses, we resolved to pass the day to prepare for passing the mountains
between the headwaters of the Flathead and Missouri Rivers. Killed eleven elk, four sheep, seven
deer. They’re very fat here.


From Osborne Russell:
We passed the remainder of the winter very
agreeably until 25th of March when the winter began to break the Buffaloe to leave the stream
and scatter among the hills and the trappers to prepare for the Spring hunt. After making the
usual arrangements we started on the 29th down Powder river making short marches as our
animals were very poor


From W.A. Ferris:
We journeyed slowly, being engaged in procuring and drying meat for our subsistence during the
fall hunt, which it is intended to make in a rugged country on the sources of Salmon river, where
white men had never penetrated, but where beaver was said to be abundant. A Snake Indian, engaged
for a guide, states that buffalo are no where to be found in that wild district, and hence the
necessity of securing a good supply of provisions to be taken with us.


From Osborne Russell:
On the 12th they left Fort Hall and started for the
grand rendezvous on Green River. We now began to make preperations for what the Trappers
termed the “Fall Hunt” and all being ready on the 15th we started. Our party (under our former
leader) consisted of 24 men 14 Trappers and 10 Camp Keepers It was the intention of our leader
to proceed to the Yellow Stone Lake and hunt the country which lay in the vicinity of our route:
from thence proceed to the head waters of the Missouri and Snake Rivers on our return back to
Fort Hall where it was intended we should arrive about the middle of Octr


Trappers Starting a Beaver Hunt, by Alfred Jacob Miller
[Linked Image]
0 136 Read More
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1