Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapper Talk
3 minutes ago
… you should pay the seller
2 210 Read More
Trapper Talk
4 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Keith Daniels
https://www.imdadinternational.com/hydraulic-fleshing-machine The red cylinder in the middle is the knife, the blades spiral out from the center. The bottom roller closes up and pinches the skin up against the knife, it's rotating down (fast). It also pinches the skin to the top roller; both of the rollers are feeding the skin back out as the knife is fleshing the skin.

Yep, that is very similar to what GFW uses. The hide is inserted halfway between the rollers/knife, the gap closes and the rollers feed the hide under the spinning knife to flesh half the hide. Gap opens back up, the hide turned around, the gap closes and the rollers feed the hide under the spinning knife to flesh the other half of the hide.

The machines are designed to flesh open skinned items and come in widths big enough to do cow hides. They can be coupled with conveyor or auger systems to catch and carry to waste meat/fat into a truck for disposal. Very efficient process.

The cutting blade is designed similar to the old reel type push mower I used as a kid. The old reel mowers were spiraled in one direction. The fleshing machines are spiraled in both directions from the center so this cuts from the center toward each side basically spreading the hide from the center toward each side. And the hide is always pulled under the blade by doing approx. half at each pass.
57 1,744 Read More
Trapper Talk
10 minutes ago
Like mentioned before, try and find fresh ground. Mom does half three rivers and half fresh ground. That fresh is grittier which I like.
13 451 Read More
ADC Forum
15 minutes ago
Is there something that I am missing here? These things seem to get bound up and no amount of pulling can get them to loosen up. Any ideas or just turn in my Man Card.

Thanks, Wally
0 4 Read More
Trapping Only
23 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Turtledale
Nice catch. Beautiful stripes. Those go top money at my local auction easily $20 each. Plus the quill.
Still season where your at or ADC work?

No set season for skunk in MN but these are ADC work for some of my neighbors and little goes to waste Summer hides are put up for the craft market, some go to the taxi market. Skulls and carcasses have a market too besides the quill and pods. Sort of like breaking down an old car for parts, you just have to have a market for it.
8 347 Read More
Trapping Only
26 minutes ago
Perhaps you could attend a local trapping convention this summer and pick up a few good used DP's?
12 588 Read More
Cooking on the Wild Side
27 minutes ago
get meat without bones off the muskrat then soak in saltwater for at least 12 hours but at the most 24. after you do this give the meat a good wash and dry off really well at this point you can season however you want but I like it with harlans barbecue seasoning or chef tonys creole seasoning. then you put a little bit of the seasoning in the flour and mix meat in it, then if you want it to be fluffy you dip it in egg whites and put it back in the flour or if you just want a light coating of flour just skip the step where you put it in egg whites. then the final step is you get a pan with olive oil or vegetable oil or whatever you got and keep it on a lower heat and wait until it looks like a chicken nugget. Enjoy
0 1 Read More
Trapper Talk
28 minutes ago
…. He’s about a mile walk back behind the house fishing the creek right now Swamp…. So he’s not totally lost to the ladies yet lol
2 89 Read More
Trapping Only
28 minutes ago
Powder coating would hold up better than anything but even over time would wear off. In my opinion any method of coating is just rust prevention during the off season.
13 973 Read More
Trapper Talk
31 minutes ago
elsmasho82, I think this post says a lot about the shrooms you found the other day!
2 436 Read More
Trapper Talk
33 minutes ago
I agree with you Oakey. South Dakota has a few pro trapping bill boards up that are simple and to the point. I was always told the if you say something long enough and loud enough, eventually people will believe it. Most trappers tend to chose to stay in the background and not say much but your right about speaking up. There have been some internal issues within the NTA recently that have caused a few good people to back away from them, something that we as a group can not afford. (My only hope is that those fellow trappers have joined up with another group of like minded people.) It's common knowledge that 3% of the membership does 90% of the work. Now I don't care what organization you are a member of but I have to ask what percentage of that do I fall into? Most sportsmen can't agree amongst themselves causing a rift that can destroy a good organization. A simple solution to that would be to set aside out differences and work together on a common cause. The anti's know this and over the years have learned to use it to their advantage with great success! Until we as a group can all set aside our petty differences and focus on the big problems, we will continue to be our own worst enemies. Don't like how something is being handled then get involved. You are right Oakey and like your enthusiasm!
2 224 Read More
Lure and Bait Formulator's forum
35 minutes ago
i want to make some good quality coon bait to sell and for coon dirthole sets I want it to smell strong but kinda sweet any ideas of things to add to the bait?
0 8 Read More
Trapper Talk
39 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Are those real photos, or paintings? Either way, gorgeous.

AI generated pics
18 603 Read More
Trapper Talk
43 minutes ago
Physical working for a living when young,takes its toll when you are older.
Injurys of all sorts heal fast when you are young.Injuries when you are in your 60s or older take a lot longer to heal.
Wear and tear on joints when you are young and working hard all the time can come back to give you a little grief when you are older.
The better shape you are in the easier everything will be.
Walking a few blocks worth every day in good shoes is one of the best things you can do to keep limber when you are older.
13 545 Read More
Trapper Talk
43 minutes ago
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
2 137 Read More
Trapping Only
43 minutes ago
The history of trapping in North America is some of the most intriguing history I’ve ever come across. Even my wife wants to learn more about it. The men in those days did some incredible things with what they had. Can’t wait to get back out on the line
0 8 Read More
Trapper Talk
49 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Guss
I rather raise chickens.

Much more work and labor intensive. Daily work. Snakes don't need messed with a few times a week if that. Also less mess.

Not something I would want to eat unless I was very hungry though.
17 754 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Im not really big on fruit , but my asian pears and peaches are awesome.
40 874 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by OhioBoy
I grew up with Allis Chalmers and that doesn't ring a bell. Half looked like a battery clip or points or something but it appears to be solid.

Speaking of which do you remember that White17 was the last Homesteader in Alaska (U.S actually I think) and had an old Allis Chalmers C out in bush at that place that they plucked out of there with a chopper in the last decade or so and put in a museum somewhere b/c it was the last homestead. That's how I remember the story anyway. Its close. Orange tractor parts made me think of that I guess. Hope he is doing well.

That's just west of Beatrice, Nebraska. Seen it a few weeks ago when visiting my brother. Very cool place and recommend checking it out whenever your in the area.
8 665 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Day off.
17 245 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
I knew a guy that had about 50 dwarf mini peach trees. They were only about 4ft tall but did set heavily every year.
68 7,763 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Good morning
20 288 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
He's an interesting guy. Hope all is well.
1 164 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
6, tough one.
3,491 436,430 Read More
Trap Shed
1 hour ago
Ttt
1 243 Read More
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7