ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Topic Options
Hop to:
#5742522 - 12/21/16 09:33 AM Coons Enter/Exit Vertical Openings?
Aix sponsa Online   content
trapper

Loc: Louisiana
I do quite a bit of ADC work, but it's anything but typical ADC jobs. My jobs tend to be agricultural related, and, at this time, I haven't had to do Coon removal from structures.

I'd like to hear stories of odd entry points encountered by ADC professionals....

That being said, I found 330-Trappers post to be very interesting. He posted a picture of a positive set that he placed a winged cage trap over a hole on a house's porch.

My question is: Was there something not in the picture they were climbing on? How were they getting into the hole, or were they dropping out? I don't see claw marks on the plywood.

Thanks

Here's a link to that thread....

http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4851062/Positive_trapping?#Post4851062

#5743105 - 12/21/16 05:53 PM Re: Coons Enter/Exit Vertical Openings? [Re: Aix sponsa]
Jim Bethell Offline
trapper

Loc: Woodhull, Illinois 74
We find that a lot. The coons swing off the roof, grab the edge of the hole and in they go. If you get some of those calls, put a trail camera set on video. You will learn a lot.

#5743136 - 12/21/16 06:15 PM Re: Coons Enter/Exit Vertical Openings? [Re: Aix sponsa]
Bob Jameson Offline

Loc: SW Pa
Coon are born acrobats with a bit of monkey thrown in the mix. There is nothing odd about what they will do to make entry. Like Jim states if you never got to see one in action doing what they do you will get an education. Roof access and using gutters to move about to reach desired areas is very common.

#5743244 - 12/21/16 07:37 PM Re: Coons Enter/Exit Vertical Openings? [Re: Aix sponsa]
Aix sponsa Online   content
trapper

Loc: Louisiana
Appreciate the info guys