Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
Odd Jaw Traps #6027350
10/16/17 12:57 PM
10/16/17 12:57 PM
UT
A
a.s.johnson Offline OP
trapper
a.s.johnson  Offline OP
trapper
A

UT
Hello. I have a number of traps with odd jaws, but I don't have much information about them. I'm hoping some of you can help. I may have even bought some of these from you. I'll start with this one and work up to the ones I think are more interesting. For reasons I can't explain most of the traps I have with "odd jaws" are 1 1/2 longsprings.

Thanks for your help.

First are some jaws where it looks like someone drilled holes in the jaws and put some cut off nails in the holes and then swaged them on the tops of the jaws. The work is well done, but not perfect enough to my thinking to be factory made or even a factory prototype.

Jaws are on an older post pan type trap with unreadable pan. Cross has a square type rivit.

I was going to add photos by apparently this site won't allow upload of photos with file sizes as large as mine. My photos are about 3.8mb each. Can anyone tell me how to handle these or do I have to take lower res photos?

Re: Odd Jaw Traps [Re: a.s.johnson] #6027413
10/16/17 02:21 PM
10/16/17 02:21 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
If you can figure out how to add pictures, it is going to be extremely helpful.

Your descriptions are thorough, but "a picture is worth a 1000 words". LOL

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: Odd Jaw Traps [Re: wissmiss] #6027761
10/16/17 09:23 PM
10/16/17 09:23 PM
UT
A
a.s.johnson Offline OP
trapper
a.s.johnson  Offline OP
trapper
A

UT
Yes, that's why I asked for help in adding photos.....

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector