No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
a little update #6125167
01/14/18 07:09 PM
01/14/18 07:09 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
Here is a little update on the health issues.

Everything remains the same for the most part. I saw a new neurologist Friday and she came in with a set plan and would not look into other possibilities, she changed my rx and insists I do an inpatient EEG to see if they capture any seizures (which is the rx they have me on). I tried to explain to her they have a video one at their office I can use but they were out of those last time and sent me home with a 30+ yr old machine and I doubt it works properly anymore. She wasn't having it. She is keeping parkinson's as a possibility.

I am looking for a new neurologist and primary dr as I am sick of the office's and dr's I am dealing with.

I have yet to trap frown I have been looking for areas I can drive to so I can check and set and finally got some. Out of the blue
I received permission to trap some private land about 30 minutes away. The downside to that is if I am having a bad day I won't be able to make said drive. Required daily checks. With every moment of everyday being different I never know if I'll be able to do anything. If I do start anything it is always, will I be able to finish before I am unable to function. Most days I am lucky to leave the house once.

I would love to be able to work even a few hrs a day just like I would love to trap everyday.

Like most people my disability claim was denied, so I just filed the appeal. If it is denied again I will hire an attorney.

This is taking a toll on me and my family in every aspect of our lives and we definitely need prayer.

Overall I remain positive and focused.

Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6125207
01/14/18 07:42 PM
01/14/18 07:42 PM
Virginia
C
coontrapper2016 Offline
trapper
coontrapper2016  Offline
trapper
C

Virginia
Wow man, prayers continue. I'm impressed and admire your ability to stay positive. This will be worked out for the better in the end.

Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6125245
01/14/18 08:11 PM
01/14/18 08:11 PM
pellston mi
c hartman Offline
trapper
c hartman  Offline
trapper

pellston mi
What reason did they give you for denying your disability claim ?

http://smarthunters.proboards.com/
Michigan SmartHunter Outdoor Forums
For those that enjoy all that the outdoors in Michigan has to offer.

Re: a little update [Re: c hartman] #6125263
01/14/18 08:29 PM
01/14/18 08:29 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted By: c hartman
What reason did they give you for denying your disability claim ?

Male bovine
They say it's not enough to keep me from working. Wich is bogus because of whatever is going on prevents me from functioning normally (talking walking, retention, comprehension, vision & hearing) + twisted vertebrae + bad knees.

What really gets me is they didn't get most of my medical records.

Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6125363
01/14/18 09:17 PM
01/14/18 09:17 PM
West Central MN
20scout Offline
trapper
20scout  Offline
trapper

West Central MN
Going through the same thing here and found out how things work. You apply and they will deny you regardless of your condition, appeal and they will deny you a second time. You hire a disability attorney and wait....... Eventually they will set a court date to review your case where the judge will review your records and then interview you. Then judge then makes the final decision, not Social Security. In some cases you never get to court as they settle before once they see you have representation. Been jumping through the hoops for almost 2 years now and my court date is the end of next month. The system stalls in hopes that you will tire of the nonsense and go back to work. I suggest you call a disability attorney and they will explain it to you better. They don't charge but work on a set percentage so don't worry about that part. Good luck and PM me if you have questions.

Common sense is a not a vegetable that does well in everyone's garden.
Re: a little update [Re: 20scout] #6125411
01/14/18 09:36 PM
01/14/18 09:36 PM
pellston mi
c hartman Offline
trapper
c hartman  Offline
trapper

pellston mi
That is part of the reason I ask as I will be going through the process . I have a claim open but on hold right now as I was being treated for cancer up until a couple weeks ago Of coarse no way for me to work during that as the chemo was pretty severe stuff and then radiation every day on top of all the dr appointments . Things are looking good there and hope to be told it has been taken care of over the next few months as the CT and PET scans get done . The main long term issues are pinched nerves from arthritis, anterolisthesis and bone spurs in my spine ( neck and lower back ) along with several other less sever issues that affect my health . I am hoping that the extensive medical testing that has been showing without a doubt these conditions exists would go a long way in having my claim approved .

Last edited by c hartman; 01/14/18 09:40 PM.

Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6125603
01/14/18 11:48 PM
01/14/18 11:48 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
Thanks 20scout. Good luck to you too. You bring up something a buddy (on here) & I were talking about recently. Those who really need it have to jump through hoops and have to hurry and wait, while others who really don't need it get it right away.

C. Hartman, why is it on hold? Did SSA put it on hold because of the cancer? Sorry to hear about the cancer. I'll be praying for good news. It took my aunty nearly 3 yrs of trying to get approved, even though she had aggressive colon cancer.

Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6125625
01/15/18 12:23 AM
Warren co Mo
H
hrdtoflw Offline
trapper
hrdtoflw  Offline
trapper
H

Warren co Mo
Adam, I went thru similar problems years ago. It turned out that I had a rare form of reumatoid arthritis, that had my imune system attacking internal organs. I went thru years of being a med test dummy. When Enbrel came on the market, my life went back to almost normal, except for surgeries to correct joint damage in my knees.
I wish I knew what is going on with you, and pray that soon , you'll get relief. Until then my man, keep searching for it. Some day, it will be resolved. Always keep your head up!!!

If your mind draws a blank, turn off the sound, because ya can't learn a thing if you're doin all the talkin
Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6125626
West Central MN
20scout Offline
trapper
20scout  Offline
trapper

West Central MN
I feel for you C Hartman, diagnosed with MS and lost my medical card so had to give up driving over the road. On daily injections and other meds, legs go numb w/o warning so don't dare drive far from home. Migraines, body aches, blurring vision really don't make me a good candidate for a regular job so pick up odd jobs as I can. I did manage to save a little so have a bit of a cushion to get me by but that's not going to last much longer. I'm lucky to have a great doctor, sunshine and exercise is recommended for people with MS and asked about getting back into trapping. He thought that was an excellent idea as it incorporates most of what I need to do to control this disease. I have my good days and bad days but am hanging in there, hope you do the same!

Adam, your so right about that. Easy to see people taking advantage of the system while others who need it can't get the help they need. SSA has a policy to reject every claim regardless of the situation. As I stated earlier, they stall hoping that the person making the claim can't hold out and just gives up. I think that is . and there should be a way to streamline the process for more extreme cases.

Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6125740
01/15/18 07:18 AM
01/15/18 07:18 AM
Saginaw, Mi
M
micheal Offline
trapper
micheal  Offline
trapper
M

Saginaw, Mi
Hang in there all of you, prayers sent

Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6125769
01/15/18 08:20 AM
01/15/18 08:20 AM
PA Venango Co.
R
Ron Marsh Offline
trapper
Ron Marsh  Offline
trapper
R

PA Venango Co.
Sent with prayer.

PTA Lifetime #131N. Salvation Army CSM
Stakes: Why leave them?
ALWAYS John 3:16 814-516-2923
Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6125890
01/15/18 11:04 AM
01/15/18 11:04 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Online content

trapper
330-Trapper  Online Content

trapper

Minnesota
Yes hang in there Adam, praying

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6125928
01/15/18 11:39 AM
01/15/18 11:39 AM
pellston mi
c hartman Offline
trapper
c hartman  Offline
trapper

pellston mi
Quote:

I feel for you C Hartman, diagnosed with MS and lost my medical card so had to give up driving over the road. On daily injections and other meds, legs go numb w/o warning so don't dare drive far from home. Migraines, body aches, blurring vision really don't make me a good candidate for a regular job so pick up odd jobs as I can. I did manage to save a little so have a bit of a cushion to get me by but that's not going to last much longer.

Thanks 20scout for the info you sent via PM . Like you my conditions cause some of the same symptoms. One of the scary things is ,when my leg refuses to work right, is falling . Have managed to not fall up until recently when ,two times I have simply fallen over when my leg just wasn't there when I needed it to be .

Quote:
C. Hartman, why is it on hold? Did SSA put it on hold because of the cancer?

Basically that is the reason. I was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of an aggressive form of lymphoma . As scary as that sounds it also means it usually responds well to treatment . So the SSA only sees cancer and sees that it should respond well to treatment and so recommends waiting until treatment is done before deciding on my case . Now I have to say up till now I have agreed with that . For one I was able (due to many circumstances )to keep working until Sept of 2017 . The other ,like you , was there was still many questions on just what all was going on with me . From reading the SSA does not make a determination on if you can do what you have been doing but rather look at if there is any job you would be able to do . I have spent the last several years and several Drs getting the tests to rule out or in certain things. More recently working on getting the documentation on other things , like my vision and hearing problems,to back up what other work I would/would not be qualified for .
Like every one else , I am a little worried going forward with my claim as it seems the SSA does what ever they can to deny any claims . I have paid into the program since I was in my teen without any breaks and am now 49 . This has been a long agonizing decision to even apply and have struggled the last few years to keep working . I am also lucky that we live a very simple life , the wife is working and we still have things we can cut back on to keep afloat until my case is hopefully approved . I wish the best for adam m and 20scout with your struggles going through the same thing .

Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6126127
01/15/18 03:19 PM
01/15/18 03:19 PM
West Central MN
20scout Offline
trapper
20scout  Offline
trapper

West Central MN
Yes, you may be able to do some other kind of work but the SSA doesn't take into consideration of distance to this job. I live in a small town and would have an hour or more drive to get something I can do and then it's only for minimal wage. At that rate my whole paycheck would go for gas alone so how can I make that work?

Common sense is a not a vegetable that does well in everyone's garden.
Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6126278
01/15/18 05:53 PM
01/15/18 05:53 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
hrdtoflw, I'm glad they figured it out for you and you are on the road to recovery. Thanks. I won't give up or keep my head down.

You're right 20Scout. I think they will deny it in hopes people give up. I have extended family that works at ssa and they can't even answer why so many cases are denied.

Thanks for the prayers everyone I appreciate it. I am praying for those on here who are dealing with medical conditions too.

C.Hartman, It was a tough decision for me to make too. I will be 35 soon and have been working since I was 14. I don't get their reasoning on "you are able to work". In the insurance world (LTD) is paid when your condition prevents you from doing your profession or a job in similar capacity. Not working in general.

You're right 20Scout, I just gotta figure what type of work I can do from home that I am qualified to do. Legally speaking I'm not supposed to be driving while on Anti-seizure medications (NM Law). I would love to be working. With everything wrong with me it is tough to even plan a few hours ahead. Shaking (mainly hands legs and head), tremors (full body), blurred vision (eye dr can't figure out cause), feel drunk all day, feel like I was ran over, hearing sensitivity (sweeping is loud), loss of balance, nausea, real bad stuttering, comprehension, dazed, bad back (most of my vertebrae is "twisted") and bad knees, fatigue, difficulty, walking, standing writing/typing memory. These occur daily some are all day long others come and go. It has taken me since this morning to be able to understand what the above posts were saying and taken me nearly a hour to type this. I am sure I missed some stuff. I do what I can when I can in the little bit of time I can. Today there is no way i would be safe to drive thankfully the kids are off of school. Usually that's the only place I go to (I have no choice and 1/4 mile away), before you guys ask my wife doesn't want them walking home. I don't mind if they do. Picking them up from school is a tough challenge for me and that is only a 20 minute task.

Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6126287
01/15/18 05:55 PM
01/15/18 05:55 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
Prayers continue here.

Hang in there, Adam.

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6126364
01/15/18 06:57 PM
01/15/18 06:57 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
thanks Charlie

Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6126396
01/15/18 07:27 PM
01/15/18 07:27 PM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
My prayers go out to all of you that have health issues. I hope all works out for all of you.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: a little update [Re: adam m] #6126589
01/15/18 09:26 PM
01/15/18 09:26 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
Thanks