No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
my proposal to protect kids from school shootings #6160614
02/17/18 01:28 PM
02/17/18 01:28 PM
Illinois
foxkidd44 Offline OP
trapper
foxkidd44  Offline OP
trapper

Illinois
my proposal to protect kids from high school shootings.......lets stop school sports and other extra cirrucular activities temporailly and instead use the money on metal detectors ...........tough situations call for tough actions........priorities. i'm about as pro sports as anyone can get.............but we have to start thinking out of the box to seriously combat something that is not simply gonna go away by implementing more gun laws. this is a new reality...its past the blaming game and now is the time to start coming up with common sense ideas to protect these kids!!!

Stand by your principles, Stand by your guns, and victory complete and permanent is sure at last.
Abraham Lincoln
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160617
02/17/18 01:31 PM
02/17/18 01:31 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
You probably wouldn't even need to. An announcement that the school would be doing that would probably be all that was needed for a private donor or 2 to step up and pay for them.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160619
02/17/18 01:34 PM
02/17/18 01:34 PM
minnesota
G
goldy Offline
trapper
goldy  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
Bad idea. Sports were a large part of me growing into the person that I am, in a good way. Lot's of lessons learned. These killers will kill no matter what protections are in place. They will find a way if they want to.

"They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Ben Franklin talking about guns
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160623
02/17/18 01:38 PM
02/17/18 01:38 PM
Montana
U
Useless Eater Offline
trapper
Useless Eater  Offline
trapper
U

Montana
Why not merge police stations with schools. Obviously not have a jail at a school but set up some offices where patrolmen and detectives can do paper work.

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: goldy] #6160624
02/17/18 01:39 PM
02/17/18 01:39 PM
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
trapper234 Offline
trapper
trapper234  Offline
trapper

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: goldy
Bad idea. Sports were a large part of me growing into the person that I am, in a good way. Lot's of lessons learned. These killers will kill no matter what protections are in place. They will find a way if they want to.

Agreed!

Life Member WTA
Life Member NRA
Member NTA

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: trapper234] #6160631
02/17/18 01:45 PM
02/17/18 01:45 PM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline
trapper
swift4me  Offline
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
Maybe a good idea but there are already a lot of schools in the US with metal detectors. I don't know the effectiveness or cost, but there are a fair number.

I doubt private donors would step up and school districts are always good at raising property taxes.

Pete

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: Useless Eater] #6160636
02/17/18 01:51 PM
02/17/18 01:51 PM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Offline
trapper
corky  Offline
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
Originally Posted By: Useless Eater
Why not merge police stations with schools. Obviously not have a jail at a school but set up some offices where patrolmen and detectives can do paper work.

Good idea

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160642
02/17/18 01:58 PM
02/17/18 01:58 PM
minnesota
G
goldy Offline
trapper
goldy  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
You can protect schools all you want, and we should do what we can, but the killers will only do their killing somewhere else. Take away AK's and they will just use some other means. We've lost a deep morality in this country, and morality comes from God. Until we come to that realization, things will only get worse.

"They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Ben Franklin talking about guns
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: goldy] #6160675
02/17/18 02:35 PM
02/17/18 02:35 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
You can protect schools all you want, and we should do what we can, but the killers will only do their killing somewhere else. Take away AK's and they will just use some other means. We've lost a deep morality in this country, and morality comes from God. Until we come to that realization, things will only get worse.

Exactly. And I see it getting much worse before people start to "get it"

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160677
02/17/18 02:37 PM
02/17/18 02:37 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
Things unfortunately will continue to get worse.

We are to deep into the technology world to back it up. Social media is a crazy detriment but yet its the second amendment they challenge.

If not guns it will be bombs.

Our government is to busy fighting each other to put a good plan together to address the problem at its root.

Law enforcement hands are tied till the law is actually broken.

Us citizens have no power individually and banning together to change what most of us say need changing will never be done.

Our society will continue to deteriote as the real problems are not being addressed.

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: racerboy108] #6160686
02/17/18 02:49 PM
02/17/18 02:49 PM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
X2

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160700
02/17/18 03:16 PM
02/17/18 03:16 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Most schools already are jails.

If you want fewer mass killings at schools, reduce the numbers concentrated in one enclosure. Spread the schools out and put them back in the neighborhoods.

It might help down the road if you banned sales of games that include small children murdering and exploding game characters. The games played on electronic toys teach and train murderers. All about killing as many as possible so the next level can be reached.

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160709
02/17/18 03:26 PM
02/17/18 03:26 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: foxkidd44
my proposal to protect kids from high school shootings.......lets stop school sports and other extra cirrucular activities temporailly and instead use the money on metal detectors ...........tough situations call for tough actions........priorities. i'm about as pro sports as anyone can get.............but we have to start thinking out of the box to seriously combat something that is not simply gonna go away by implementing more gun laws. this is a new reality...its past the blaming game and now is the time to start coming up with common sense ideas to protect these kids!!!

School athletics generally come closer to being self-supporting than most other school activities. A Friday night football game with a couple thousand attending at $5 a head pays for the associated costs...

If you suspend athletics you will be suspending the revenue they generate.

I'm not a huge fan of school athletic programs for the simple fact that parents pony up several hundred or even thousands of dollars over a sports season for their kid(s)... But if the school asked for donations for books? Crickets.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: racerboy108] #6160711
02/17/18 03:31 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted By: racerboy108
Law enforcement hands are tied till the law is actually broken.

as they SHOULD be!

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: goldy] #6160712
Indiana
K
keystone Offline
trapper
keystone  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana

If killers can’t get into a school because there is armed security and secure entrances your right, maybe they will try to strike somewhere else. Sounds to me like a successful plan. With that said you have to remember that most of these killers are cowards and they have one thing in common, they only target places where they know everyone is unarmed. In both of your posts here it seems your ideology is to do nothing because there will always be killers, that is nonsense.

Outside of the gun free zones Americans arm theirselves, killers know this and it does detour them. It’s really a no brainer, gun free zones need to be armed. People also need to use common sense, is it worth the possibility of being gunned down at a concert surrounded by highrise buildings such as LasVegas? For me it’s not worth the risk, i can stay home and drink a beer and listen to any song i want on the radio or online, no risk of DUI on the way home from a concert either if i happened to not get sniped by some psycho. Unfortunately that is what America is coming to, if your going to hang out in these gun free zones (baseball, football games, concerts etc) you have to decide for yourself if it’s worth the risk.

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160716
02/17/18 03:37 PM
02/17/18 03:37 PM

K
krispcritter
Unregistered
krispcritter
Unregistered
K

Get rid of the "gun free zones!" When I went to school, most pick up trucks had a gun rack in the truck and most of the time it had a rifle in it. Schools had rifle teams and we never had a shooting. Gun racks gone, shooting teams gone, school shootings.....not rocket science.

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: keystone] #6160723
02/17/18 03:41 PM
02/17/18 03:41 PM
minnesota
G
goldy Offline
trapper
goldy  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
Originally Posted By: keystone

If killers can’t get into a school because there is armed security and secure entrances your right, maybe they will try to strike somewhere else. Sounds to me like a successful plan. With that said you have to remember that most of these killers are cowards and they have one thing in common, they only target places where they know everyone is unarmed. In both of your posts here it seems your ideology is to do nothing because there will always be killers, that is nonsense.

Outside of the gun free zones Americans arm theirselves, killers know this and it does detour them. It’s really a no brainer, gun free zones need to be armed. People also need to use common sense, is it worth the possibility of being gunned down at a concert surrounded by highrise buildings such as LasVegas? For me it’s not worth the risk, i can stay home and drink a beer and listen to any song i want on the radio or online, no risk of DUI on the way home from a concert either if i happened to not get sniped by some psycho. Unfortunately that is what America is coming to, if your going to hang out in these gun free zones (baseball, football games, concerts etc) you have to decide for yourself if it’s worth the risk.
Reread my post. I said we should do what we can. But to think the problem will just go away with tighter school security is foolishness.

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160724
02/17/18 03:42 PM
02/17/18 03:42 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

I only know of a single school shooting (University of Texas sniper in 1966) when God was still allowed in schools.

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160745
02/17/18 04:02 PM
02/17/18 04:02 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
Again everyone is talking about reacting to the problem instead of being pro active on dealing with the real problem.

Our problem is not lack of security or gun control its dealing with why our society is deterioting more and more. Turn that around and all else will at least slow down.

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: white marlin] #6160753
02/17/18 04:08 PM
02/17/18 04:08 PM
Indiana
K
keystone Offline
trapper
keystone  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
Originally Posted By: white marlin
I only know of a single school shooting (University of Texas sniper in 1966) when God was still allowed in schools.

That’s a very valid point, back then kids also had both a mother and a father living in the household as well to share the responsibility of raising their kids. Unfortunately about 40% of white children and 70% of black children are living in homes without fathers.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread