No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Trapper new] #6161129
02/17/18 10:46 PM
02/17/18 10:46 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted By: Trapper new
Do you guys remember school... School is the best time of your life or the worst....

I've thought about that quite a bit myself. A lot of kids are ostracized and the Florida shooter was obviously one of them.

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Trapper new] #6161134
02/17/18 10:54 PM
02/17/18 10:54 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Trump was campaigning for private and charter schools, he doesn't care about public schools...

Public education was hijacked by the left decades ago and they've set about to undermine just about everything most of us deem wholesome about America. That's where the pushback against public education comes from.

A more prefect union...no one claimed we'd achieved perfection..

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Trapper new] #6161175
02/17/18 11:54 PM
02/17/18 11:54 PM
Barbour county,WV
O
Oleo Acres Offline
trapper
Oleo Acres  Offline
trapper
O

Barbour county,WV
Let the government start giving school vouchers to pay for school choice,private schools will spring up like daisies.
Trump was campaigning for private and charter schools, he doesn't care about public schools... And i willing to bet most of us on here cant pay 10,000 to 15,000 a year to send our kid to private school. Trump hired Betsy da (female dog) (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to take all the money she could from the public school system to charter schools.

I voted for trump, to help the middle class, but. His view on education stinks....take money from public schools to give it to charter stinks for the middle class that cant afford it....caterers to the rich....how many rural communities dont even have a darn private school in 60 miles, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)....

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6161193
02/18/18 12:41 AM
02/18/18 12:41 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
there is NO way to prevent an attack , take the guns away and they will get more creative.

More creative does not mean less effective.

We can not prevent an attack.

What we can do is , make it harder to gain entry , slow down progress , alert and move students or place barriers

two things tend to end attacks ,

1 they run out of victims because there are no more or because they can't access any more they just can't access any more.

2 An armed response arrives

this is really no different than a fire , it burns it's self out or it gets extinguished

we build fire walls and install fire resistant doors to slow down the spread of fire , we build with materials that are fire retardant the may not be bullet proof but

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Oleo Acres] #6161201
02/18/18 01:02 AM
02/18/18 01:02 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted By: Oleo Acres
Let the government start giving school vouchers to pay for school choice,private schools will spring up like daisies.
Trump was campaigning for private and charter schools, he doesn't care about public schools... And i willing to bet most of us on here cant pay 10,000 to 15,000 a year to send our kid to private school. Trump hired Betsy da (female dog) (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to take all the money she could from the public school system to charter schools.

I voted for trump, to help the middle class, but. His view on education stinks....take money from public schools to give it to charter stinks for the middle class that cant afford it....caterers to the rich....how many rural communities dont even have a darn private school in 60 miles, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)....

Are you talking about federal vouchers? And who's supposed to pay for that?

Nothing stops a local school district from handing out vouchers, if that's what the voters want.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6161210
02/18/18 01:17 AM
02/18/18 01:17 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Jim, you were a lawyer. I suspect you dealt with the courts and government agencies for years... So you are probably well aware of the insanity and inefficiency of government bureaucracy.

In your opinion would there be any merit in taking a look at privatizing public education?

I only dealt with my local schools as a parent... And the red tape and bureaucracy was enough to make a person scream. Things moved at the speed of smell.

It's readily apparent that the status quo is failing our kids miserably on just about every level.

Just thinking out loud mostly.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6161225
02/18/18 01:52 AM
02/18/18 01:52 AM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Online content
trapper
Drifter  Online Content
trapper

Oakland, MS
This to me addresses a lot of why we have the problems today.

Cal McNabb
February 15 at 8:05pm ·
This is my 19-yr-old with his AKM semi-auto that he saved his own money up to purchase working a full-time job.
One of the things we enjoy doing as father and son is going to the range together.
This is a powerful, high-capacity weapon. It is not a toy. He can take it apart, clean it, put it back together, and safely and effectively use it.
Many people will be horrified that he bought it on his own and has sole, unsupervised possession of it. I am not. I sleep like a baby across the hall from him every night.
How can I do that? Why am I so at ease with my teenager owning this weapon?
Simple- I am his father, and I RAISED him. I raised him to respect and value life. I raised him to treat others with respect and dignity. I raised him to fear and honor the Lord.
I didn’t get his mom pregnant and then abandon him and her.
I didn’t fail in teaching him traditional values. I gave him truth on a daily basis to combat the lies the liberal society is feeding his generation.
I didn’t fail to discipline him when he needed it.
I was never either of my kids’ friend while they were young. I was their father.
We don’t do moral relativism in our household. We believe that there is right and wrong.
We don’t do entitlement in our household.
We don’t do victimhood in our household.
We bow our heads during prayer.
We stand with respect during the National Anthem.
We believe you should work for what you have and don’t begrudge others who have been more successful.
There’s much more, but I think you get the picture.
I’M NOT SAYING I’M A PERFECT PARENT. But, I have been an INTENTIONAL parent.

The things above are what enable me to sleep like a baby across the hall from him with his rifle(s) in his room. I know he’d effectively defend his family against a threat in the middle of the night, and never harm an innocent person.

The adults have failed the past couple of generations of kids.
The culture from the 1960s-forward has devalued marriage and the traditional family structure allowing kids, particularly boys, to be raised without active, present fathers, susceptible to the lies of this liberal, entitled, narcissistic, perverted, morally-relative, anything-goes society.
That’s why we have all the school shootings. Society is raising confused, mentally- and emotionally-stunted kids.
Blaming it on guns is further denying the responsibility of the adults who failed to raise their kids right. It’s much less work and effort to point the finger at Big Daddy Government and say, “Fix it!” than to do the hard work of self-responsibility and fixing families.
Kids at my school had rifles and shotguns in the their vehicles parked in the school parking lot every day and I never felt afraid of that. I never heard a student threaten to shoot another. Kids settled their disputes with words, and sometimes their fists, but never with guns.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Trapper new] #6161233
02/18/18 02:06 AM
02/18/18 02:06 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Do you guys remember school... School is the best time of your life or the worst....
The amount of kids that have an awful home life is extreme!
This with the violent video games and ridicule from peers is a recipe for disaster.
It all starts at home with parenting...... And this is my figure but 40% of parents are effective parents.

The other 60% dont care...... Kids at school mean they are not at home, if a kid has home work the parent should help them do it.
Parents dont care........to many crack head, lazy, welfare mongrels to give a poop.

I do remember school. I despised it. From everything I've read on these posts I should have been a school shooter, yet the thought never occurred to me. My parents divorced when I was 5, and my mom then ran off to Florida, leaving me with my dad and his fling, who was physically and mentally abusive to me. A year or so later my mom came back and I lived with her and her mentally and physically abusive boyfriend until I was 13 or so. During that time, I first had a BB gun at 6, a .22 at 8 and a 20 gauge at 12 and never once thought about shooting up my school, even though I had pretty much NO USE for anyone in it. I guess because I understood what guns were, and what they did, and that unlike Mario, there was no "restart" button.

But I hated school so much that when I was 16, I quit going. Thought my mom and grandparents would kill me, but I proved them wrong, because when my HS class graduated, I was entering my 3rd semester of college.

As far as being able to afford private school... I don't have kids, so can't give an authoritative answer, but I worked at a fast food place a couple years ago, where the general manager was making less than 40k a year, supporting a worthless, video game addicted husband, and putting her son through private school, so while I would agree it's not possible for the lower class, I know it IS possible for the bottom middle class.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Mike in A-town] #6161234
02/18/18 02:07 AM
02/18/18 02:07 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted By: Mike in A-town
Jim, you were a lawyer. I suspect you dealt with the courts and government agencies for years... So you are probably well aware of the insanity and inefficiency of government bureaucracy.

In your opinion would there be any merit in taking a look at privatizing public education?

I only dealt with my local schools as a parent... And the red tape and bureaucracy was enough to make a person scream. Things moved at the speed of smell.

It's readily apparent that the status quo is failing our kids miserably on just about every level.

Just thinking out loud mostly.

Mike

I think private schools are great. I don't much like the teacher unions, but can see why they're needed in the public sector. I've dealt with the red tape and bureaucracy of a school board too.

Why can't a local school district give vouchers to residents wanting to send kids to a private school? It raises the tax burden elsewhere, but it seems to me a school board or municipality could do it if they want.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6161255
02/18/18 05:24 AM
02/18/18 05:24 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I just wonder if privatized education could deliver the same education at a cost lower than what the state currently forks over... Or at least give more bang for the same buck.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6161261
02/18/18 06:41 AM
02/18/18 06:41 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I have no doubt that it would.

There would have to be some way to impose quality control.

My daughter went to a private Christian high school because she was bullied in public school. I almost walked out of a meeting with the principal, who was to decide whether to admit her, when I learned the taught evolution denial. Our daughter prevailed, telling me she'd already learned about evolution is public school.

Jim

Last edited by James; 02/18/18 06:41 AM.

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6161313
02/18/18 09:02 AM
02/18/18 09:02 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
Trapper new, everything I can find to read about Charter schools says they are tuition free. Perhaps you should reexamine your position that Trump's view on education "caters to the rich." The difference between a charter school and a public school is how public funds are spent, not who they are spent on. The charter school is privately managed independent of the federal government. I see less government as a good thing.

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Mike in A-town] #6161334
02/18/18 09:44 AM
02/18/18 09:44 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
I just wonder if privatized education could deliver the same education at a cost lower than what the state currently forks over... Or at least give more bang for the same buck.

Mike

USA public education is a joke, in general. We should be ashamed of our ranking when compared to other countries.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Mike in A-town] #6161789
02/18/18 04:43 PM
02/18/18 04:43 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.

Mike
The answer is no. Because you would still have all the bureaucracy in place for
Quote:

Get past the idea that compulsory attendance is equal to education and allow the customers to be the quality control as in a supply and demand situation. We cannot legislate learning any more than we can legislate morality.

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: tjm] #6161799
02/18/18 04:56 PM
02/18/18 04:56 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: tjm

Mike
The answer is no. Because you would still have all the bureaucracy in place for
Quote:

Get past the idea that compulsory attendance is equal to education and allow the customers to be the quality control as in a supply and demand situation. We cannot legislate learning any more than we can legislate morality.

I think we are stuck on the notion that there would only be one institution per community...

If you want quality service you will need competition.

We need a system that promotes kids being able to rise as far as their ambition and talent will allow.

So far we are settling for "good enough" from the government.

I won't even pretend to have all the answers. But at this point looking at alternatives and kicking around unconventional ideas can't hurt.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6161846
02/18/18 05:38 PM
02/18/18 05:38 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
At the college level private institutions have higher tuition than public owned schools and some people still attend them.
Difference is at the college level people/kids are not forcefully incarcerated, they choose to go and chose what to study, or parents chose for them.

Take government out of the schools completely and I believe there will be more bang for the buck via competition. Competition between both institutions and potential students. It has to start with the acceptance that not every one is a potential physicist.

Even decentralizing the schools would be a step.

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6161954
02/18/18 07:20 PM
02/18/18 07:20 PM
carolina, Alabama
The Possum Man Offline
trapper
The Possum Man  Offline
trapper

carolina, Alabama
common denominator of mass shootings is gun free zones. No more gun free zones anywhere so that law abiding sane people can fight back with the proper tools and the problem will sort itself out. its that simple. Not more gun laws....we need wayyy less gun laws. There is always more good people in a room than bad. Not only would it stop mass shootings in its tracks, it would stop the vast majority of violent crimes.

"If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough"
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread