No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166443
02/22/18 03:53 PM
02/22/18 03:53 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
State facilities are telling judges DONT SEND ANY MORE TO PRISON. WERE FULL. 160% capacity in this state.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166447
02/22/18 03:54 PM
02/22/18 03:54 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Kids making threats get attention and they know nothing will happen to them.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: School threats increase [Re: Osky] #6166449
02/22/18 03:55 PM
02/22/18 03:55 PM
Hutchinson KS
K
Kansas Rook Offline
trapper
Kansas Rook  Offline
trapper
K

Hutchinson KS
Originally Posted By: Osky
Originally Posted By: Kansas Rook
I have a brother that has routinely gotten into trouble with the law. We were raised in the same home with two parents who loved us and disciplined us routinely. We were brought up going to church and taught the value of hard work and responsibility. My folks raised us to make quality decisions. My brother has not made quality decisions. To say that parents should be disciplined for the decisions their children make is a ludicrous argument! Obviously each situation is different but it’s these types of hasty generalizations that simply pit people against each other.

Just my 2 cents

Until the child is eighteen parents should be held accountable. The parents should hold themselves accountable first and foremost, the rest of society can get in line behind. Many of us parents have proudly raised great offspring with that method. It works.
Quit with the excuses.

Osky

Not really excuses bud just an example of how kids will make decisions regardless of how they are raised. My guess is you are oblivious to some of the bad decisions your kids have made. Ultimately, the kids should be held accountable for their behavior the witch hunt you suggest is irrational. Congrats though I am sure your parent of the decade award is in the mail.

Re: School threats increase [Re: Osky] #6166455
02/22/18 04:03 PM
02/22/18 04:03 PM
central ohio
madcotrappwr Offline
trapper
madcotrappwr  Offline
trapper

central ohio
I have a brother that has routinely gotten into trouble with the law. We were raised in the same home with two parents who loved us and disciplined us routinely. We were brought up going to church and taught the value of hard work and responsibility. My folks raised us to make quality decisions. My brother has not made quality decisions. To say that parents should be disciplined for the decisions their children make is a ludicrous argument! Obviously each situation is different but it’s these types of hasty generalizations that simply pit people against each other.

Just my 2 cents

Until the child is eighteen parents should be held accountable. The parents should hold themselves accountable first and foremost, the rest of society can get in line behind. Many of us parents have proudly raised great offspring with that method. It works.
Quit with the excuses.

Osky

My sister got in way more trouble than I did. Raised in the same home. I reckon they could have thrown my mom in jail and you would have been happy osky? That would have been great for me. Silly notion. My sister is a cop now. Her daughter my niece got in some trouble. Maybe they should have hung my sister. Fired her from her job. Brilliant. That'll teach them.

Will my toes ever warm up?

I'm Gonna die with my boots on.

Tim Henry.

Re: School threats increase [Re: Kansas Rook] #6166458
02/22/18 04:07 PM
02/22/18 04:07 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Wait. Isn’t this the place where people get upset because they blame the gun not the shooter? Why then would we want to blame the parent not the child. Kids don’t have consequences for their actions today. This is just another example of placing blame where it doesn’t belong. Hold the perp accountable and do it routinely enough that others pay attention. Maybe then things will change.

Where do the consequences come from? Mom/Pop, some need motivation to apply them.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166462
02/22/18 04:11 PM
02/22/18 04:11 PM
Hutchinson KS
K
Kansas Rook Offline
trapper
Kansas Rook  Offline
trapper
K

Hutchinson KS
Even when parents give solid consequences some will still make bad decisions. Why does everyone assume if a child goes stupid their parents haven’t levied consequences?

Re: School threats increase [Re: Kansas Rook] #6166465
02/22/18 04:13 PM
02/22/18 04:13 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Even when parents give solid consequences some will still make bad decisions. Why does everyone assume if a child goes stupid their parents haven’t levied consequences?

correction, why do you assume parents have?

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 02/22/18 04:15 PM.

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: School threats increase [Re: Osky] #6166472
02/22/18 04:20 PM
02/22/18 04:20 PM
Hutchinson KS
K
Kansas Rook Offline
trapper
Kansas Rook  Offline
trapper
K

Hutchinson KS

correction, why do you assume parents have?

Osky

Why do you assume they haven’t. You strike me as the I do everything right but no one else does type. So it probably doesn’t behoove me to engage.

Re: School threats increase [Re: Jurassic Park] #6166478
02/22/18 04:29 PM
02/22/18 04:29 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted By: Jurassic Park
Originally Posted By: jbyrd63
Here in Ky we are averaging 2-3 a day of idiot kids calling in threats. Some are posting on social media. They have arrested a bunch. BUT IF THEY WANT TO STOP IT ARREST THE PARENTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
All it would take is throw mom and or dad in jail one time and it would end. If it got out that the parents had to bear some responsibility of the actions little johnny or Susie wouldn't be so fast to pull a prank.

Jbyrd, are you for or against spanking your kids?

Light em up !!!!

Re: School threats increase [Re: Kansas Rook] #6166489
02/22/18 04:37 PM
02/22/18 04:37 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky

Just my 2 cents

What age was he making all these bad decisions ??? I bet if your parents had to go to the police station in the back of a car one time their "methods" of discipline may have changed. NOT SAYING your parents did anything wrong !!! NEVER would slam a good parent. But now days there are more parents that think their offspring does no wrong. We all see where that attitude is going in society. !!!

Plus during my growing up days if the "problem" child did happen as you described your brother , parents sent them to "reform school" . But we can't do that now might lower little johnny's self esteem.

Then people wonder why the things are happening today with our society........

MY 2 cents

Re: School threats increase [Re: Kansas Rook] #6166499
02/22/18 04:47 PM
02/22/18 04:47 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Wait. Isn’t this the place where people get upset because they blame the gun not the shooter? Why then would we want to blame the parent not the child. Kids don’t have consequences for their actions today. This is just another example of placing blame where it doesn’t belong. Hold the perp accountable and do it routinely enough that others pay attention. Maybe then things will change.

I think you are missing my point. I am just trying to get the absent parents to be held accountable. Parents now just buy them a gaming system or a PC and let them lock themselves in their rooms. My wife just retired from teaching high school algebra. After 30 years she tells me it is amazing how parents have changed over that time. NOT FOR THE GOOD !!!! Parent teacher conferences are no longer to discuss how to help the students. It has become a gripe session so the parents can tell the teacher how bad of a job they are doing. The kid sleeps thru class, never turns in homework, turns an exam in with nothing but a name on it, and fails but some how its the teachers effort that falls short !!! This is becoming more the norm than people realize.

Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166500
02/22/18 04:49 PM
02/22/18 04:49 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Which parent are you arresting? The "baby daddy" or the "proud single mom"?

Re: School threats increase [Re: ~ADC~] #6166504
02/22/18 04:52 PM
02/22/18 04:52 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted By: ~ADC~
Which parent are you arresting? The "baby daddy" or the "proud single mom"?

LOL Both ! Odds are the baby daddy got a warrant for back child support ...........

Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166506
02/22/18 04:54 PM
Hutchinson KS
K
Kansas Rook Offline
trapper
Kansas Rook  Offline
trapper
K

Hutchinson KS

I think you are missing my point. I am just trying to get the absent parents to be held accountable. Parents now just buy them a gaming system or a PC and let them lock themselves in their rooms. My wife just retired from teaching high school algebra. After 30 years she tells me it is amazing how parents have changed over that time. NOT FOR THE GOOD !!!! Parent teacher conferences are no longer to discuss how to help the students. It has become a gripe session so the parents can tell the teacher how bad of a job they are doing. The kid sleeps thru class, never turns in homework, turns an exam in with nothing but a name on it, and fails but some how its the teachers effort that falls short !!! This is becoming more the norm than people realize.

No I get your point but let take it one step further then. It was your generation that raised the terrible parents of today. Let’s lock up the grand parents too! No easy answers. I guess there are some situations that I would agree and say hold the parents accountable. Just not as easy as saying that’s the case all the time.

Re: School threats increase [Re: Kansas Rook] #6166508
Central Pa. 62
B
bic Offline
"Mr. Sensitivity"
bic  Offline
"Mr. Sensitivity"
B

Central Pa. 62

Not really excuses bud just an example of how kids will make decisions regardless of how they are raised. My guess is you are oblivious to some of the bad decisions your kids have made.

Boy, you said a mouthful there. I thought my two older boys were Saints until they hit their 30's and started telling stories of the things they did when they were young. If I would have known, I would have beat their Butts!

Life always offers a second chance.
It's called Tomorrow
Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166515
02/22/18 05:01 PM
02/22/18 05:01 PM
Hutchinson KS
K
Kansas Rook Offline
trapper
Kansas Rook  Offline
trapper
K

Hutchinson KS
Ha ha yeah Bic. I shared some stories with my folks post 30 and I thought my dad was gonna come across the table and let me have it.

Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166518
02/22/18 05:05 PM
02/22/18 05:05 PM
ID
O
Ole Offline
trapper
Ole  Offline
trapper
O

ID
Bad parenting doesn't make a kid buy a gun and go kill classmates!

Re: School threats increase [Re: Ole] #6166522
02/22/18 05:07 PM
02/22/18 05:07 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted By: Ole

Bet it doesn't help . BUT THE POST WAS about kids calling in threats just for kicks. Happening everyday around here.

Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166524
02/22/18 05:08 PM
02/22/18 05:08 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
If you wait to instill discipline until the cops call you down to pick up Jr. you're too late...

I fear we have let things get to the point that it's too late for a lot of these kids. Some might turn themselves around after they face serious consequences, but statistically a lot never will.

There have always been kids who strayed, and there were always negligent parents. One could argue the percentage of bad kids/parents is the same and we are seeing the same percentage of a doubled population... Or maybe we have more rotten kids/parents than ever before... I don't know. It sure seems there are more disinterested parents and disrespectful kids than there used to be.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: School threats increase [Re: jbyrd63] #6166532
02/22/18 05:16 PM
02/22/18 05:16 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Ole

Bet it doesn't help . BUT THE POST WAS about kids calling in threats just for kicks. Happening everyday around here.

It's hard to tell the difference between the kids who are a serious threat and the kids who call in a threat to get an extra long weekend cause the school was closed...

I would imagine the majority are looking to get the school closed and have a day off.

I don't condone it and I think they need a good buttkicking if that's the case. But I think people need to realize that there probably is not an army of assassin kids out there. It's a tiny minority of kids who commit mass shootings.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread