No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Any Roofers in the House [Re: Marty] #6176463
03/03/18 10:56 AM
03/03/18 10:56 AM
Warren co Mo
H
hrdtoflw Offline
trapper
hrdtoflw  Offline
trapper
H

Warren co Mo
Originally Posted By: Marty

27 years ago my business covered these steeples with triple lock standing seam lead coated copper...it was stone and the acid rain was deteriorating the mortar/stone so it had to be pointed periodically and chunks of stone were falling off once in a while..... I told them a lead coated copper roof would last forever and they would be done with it if they had me do it. As far as I know every piece of copper we put on has stayed in place....

Foghorn says, I say, I say, boy, I am not going up there!!!

If your mind draws a blank, turn off the sound, because ya can't learn a thing if you're doin all the talkin
Re: Any Roofers in the House [Re: snowy] #6176520
03/03/18 12:02 PM
03/03/18 12:02 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Does the lead and copper screw up cell phone reception?

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Any Roofers in the House [Re: beaverpeeler] #6176611
03/03/18 02:25 PM
03/03/18 02:25 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted By: beaverpeeler
Does the lead and copper screw up cell phone reception?

Its like a big tin foil hat for the church.... laugh

Believe it or not there were no cell phones when that job was done.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Any Roofers in the House [Re: Marty] #6176693
03/03/18 05:18 PM
03/03/18 05:18 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL

27 years ago my business covered these steeples with triple lock standing seam lead coated copper...it was stone and the acid rain was deteriorating the mortar/stone so it had to be pointed periodically and chunks of stone were falling off once in a while..... I told them a lead coated copper roof would last forever and they would be done with it if they had me do it. As far as I know every piece of copper we put on has stayed in place....

Now that's a roofing job !

You only live once, so get over it!

Tactics may change but the goal remains the same.
Re: Any Roofers in the House [Re: hrdtoflw] #6176768
03/03/18 07:00 PM
03/03/18 07:00 PM
central mn
R
rats4me Offline
trapper
rats4me  Offline
trapper
R

central mn
Originally Posted By: hrdtoflw

Foghorn says, I say, I say, boy, I am not going up there!!!

Lol you got that right. A church in a neighboring town had a steeple similar to that but it had shingles on it . I was riding by it with my boss at that time and I noticed the shingles were looking rough. I told him you bid that thing you are going to be doing it without me. I'm not terribly afraid of heights but that thing made me pucker up.

Even a blind chicken gets some corn
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread