No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221283
04/18/18 10:40 PM
04/18/18 10:40 PM
fayette,al.
G
grisseldog Offline
trapper
grisseldog  Offline
trapper
G

fayette,al.
Scuba1
Christ was crucified and witnessed by many
Christ arose from death and was witness by over 500 people,it's history
Look it up.
Thanks

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: Lugnut] #6221287
04/18/18 10:42 PM
04/18/18 10:42 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted By: Lugnut
I don't understand how anyone capable of critical thought can deny evolution exists. It's obvious and there are myriad examples of different species evolving.

I personally believe some sort of higher power exists and intervened in some way to begin life on this planet. Life that has been evolving since. Evolution and divine intervention make a great deal of sense to me.

I am very skeptical of creationism as explained in various religious tomes.

I think evolution within a species and evolution into a different species are two different things. One I get, one I don't get

Last edited by Yes sir; 04/18/18 10:43 PM.
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: AntiGov] #6221292
04/18/18 10:47 PM
04/18/18 10:47 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted By: AntiGov
Originally Posted By: grisseldog
It takes more faith to believe in evolution than to believe in God..
And I think you answered your own question. It didn't evolve.
God created it.

X2
x3

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: grisseldog] #6221294
04/18/18 10:50 PM
04/18/18 10:50 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Originally Posted By: grisseldog
Scuba1
Christ was crucified and witnessed by many
Christ arose from death and was witness by over 500 people,it's history
Look it up.
Thanks

So how did he do it and can you repeat that experiment ??

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221308
04/18/18 11:03 PM
04/18/18 11:03 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Here is another one.
Apparently J turned water into wine. That cant be right , having all them drunks waddling around. Later in evolution, Along came Budweiser and turned Beer into something like water. Now can I have a amen . grin

Ps. don't get yer knickers in a twist and take me serious. I don't take myself serious, much less any opinion you may have.

Last edited by Scuba1; 04/18/18 11:06 PM.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221314
04/18/18 11:09 PM
04/18/18 11:09 PM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
I know who created me.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221322
04/18/18 11:22 PM
04/18/18 11:22 PM
Lake Clark, Alaska
AKtrapper26 Offline
trapper
AKtrapper26  Offline
trapper

Lake Clark, Alaska
As a believer, this topic and debate always intrigues me.

The word evolution simply means "Change over time".

Creation is nowhere in there, and is not even implied in the definition.

It only becomes monumentally difficult to accept creationism AND evolution when we try to make them the same thing. Which I am convinced they are not.

Evolution can describe vestigial structures, humans getting faster and taller by generation, and wildlife changing (note - not saying into a new species... merely noting it is the same species, but with different characteristics than generations of that same species before) through environmental, climate, or geographical changes.

The fact that species are changing within themselves does not have to be connected to species becoming other species. Goldfish can become different, yet stop way (waaaaay) short of becoming humans. Or giraffes. Or.....

I find it surprising, to say the least, that so many find it impossible to believe that we were created by God (I am one of them), and yet be so skeptical to the idea that he may have known (read:planned) that we would continue to change after the point when he had created us.

After all, we are changing. In multiple ways. There are not multiple species of human (genus homo) currently inhabiting the planet, and yet the evidence that we have been changing over the last few hundreds of years,in much smaller ways than becoming entirely different species, is undeniable.

"...if it moves, ground check that joker and tear at it with your pointy teeth. But save all the green stuff for the hippies." --The Possum Man

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221330
04/18/18 11:27 PM
04/18/18 11:27 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
If we evolved from monkeys , why are there still monkeys ? Who created the monkey ? Or did they evolve from a million year old donkey turd ?

Why no half monkey half humans ? You know , mid evolved . Other than maybe moochelle

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221332
04/18/18 11:31 PM
04/18/18 11:31 PM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
Them monkeys would be the ones that we diverged from, lol.

A lot of seekers out there. Some of us don't seek , and are content with not seeking.

One theory would hold that mankind, and modern monkeys, had a common ancestor, from which both diverged. The monkeys didn't get quite as far.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221337
04/18/18 11:37 PM
04/18/18 11:37 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Monkey's might look at us and wonder why our hair mostly fell out and we became obsessed with chasing money rather relaxing in a tree eating bananas. It's a matter of perspective, really.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221344
04/19/18 12:06 AM
04/19/18 12:06 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Although I am a believer and have never subscribed to the evolution theory ( many scientists dont either), the best argument against it that I've ever heard goes like this:

Think about the planet we live on and how it sustains life. Imagine that there were a bunch of dials that controlled things like gravity, oxygen levels, temperatures, sunlight and photosynthesis, the moon, water......the list goes on. Now all those dials are set perfectly, mess with one just a little bit and the planet wouldnt sustain life. Just think about the sun. If it were closer it would be to hot, further away to cold. Science says all that. ....what are the chances that all those dials just happened to evolve perfectly set??

Then once you get past that you have to believe that all the millions of creatures and plant life on earth evolved from all that!! Look around when your out in the woods and think about it.....why havent mice evolved bigger and stronger so they can fight off the myriad of predators that eat them?? That line of thinking could go on and on, with no explanation.

When you think about it like that, the only rational conclusion you can come to is that it really does take more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe in creation.

The idea that the earth and everything on it, was created by a big explosion is preposterous.....in order to make that case you would have to admit there was SOMETHING here before the explosion....what was it, how did IT get here, and who made it?? That question is one science hasn't answered and never will.

BTW the fossil record has been proven wrong by more than one scientist.

Last edited by yukon254; 04/19/18 12:11 AM.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221356
04/19/18 12:35 AM
04/19/18 12:35 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
It's too bad that there are people on both sides of the question who want to make the subjects of creation and science mutually exclusive.

I believe in Divine creation of life and our universe, and I believe science affords some great insights into the mind and ways of God. I don't find science at all threatening.

Unfortunately there are people who call themselves Christians who want to stir up the pot and create a negative view of science, as though science is the enemy, most of these guys are just trying to sell their books. On the other side there are atheists (people who are angry with God) who try to use science to try to prove their positions. I think both of these types are intellectually dishonest.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221364
04/19/18 01:44 AM
04/19/18 01:44 AM
AK
bfisch Offline
trapper
bfisch  Offline
trapper

AK
Harleydparts- In trying to better understand what it is you are asking, could we rephrase the question to say, "Did God make all the natural world or was it something else." You said you are not religious, but do you believe in a higher being? Maybe the questions could even be boiled down to, "Does God exist?" Please correct me if this is not at all what you are questioning.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221371
04/19/18 03:45 AM
04/19/18 03:45 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I find it interesting that all human species from native Africans to Mongolian tribesman to Amazon Indians to Europeans have all got their own religion. They all look down their nose at the religion of a species not their own and call it superstition. Yet in every human species there are a few that don't believe any of it. Those folks really get a lot of grief. The most despised of all is a human who chooses a religion invented by a different species. An Alabama redneck who becomes a Buddhist or a Mongolian herdsman who becomes a Hindu for example.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221377
04/19/18 04:38 AM
04/19/18 04:38 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Spirituality and not a specific religion is where it is at...God is my Co-Pilot.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221397
04/19/18 05:55 AM
04/19/18 05:55 AM
Mountain View, AR
S
ShaneT Offline
trapper
ShaneT  Offline
trapper
S

Mountain View, AR
Originally Posted By: harleydparts
Hello all,
I've been thinking about this subject on and off for the last two decades or so. Here's the parameters of this discussion- no Biblical references. Not the Bible, not the Koran, not the Tanakh. Just science and common sense.
The Bible, in any language or belief says some higher being created the world & life as we know it. More or less. Science which none of us can deny says we and everything else has evolved. Dinosaurs were here, they are gone. Horses oriented in North America, went extinct, were reintroduced. Camels inordinated in North America. It goes on and on. Undeniable.
Evolution- we evolved from some type of warmed oceanantic (?) slim. Amebas came together and formed the basic form of life. Where did amebas come from? Here's the problem I have with all that from a strictly science/common sense based thought process, they tell me everything is a learned process over time (100,000 years) well o.k.. How did the first 200,000 generations (50 years each) survive till we had this 'learned' behavior?
I am not religious, I believe the ten commandants are very good rules to live by, other than that, not so much. Your thoughts?

I think both happened.

"Good Lord, thank you for your endless bounty. Lord please give me the strength to gather what I need"
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: adam m] #6221408
04/19/18 06:46 AM
04/19/18 06:46 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted By: adam m
Way before I became a Christian I never believed the whole evolution theory.
Ancient people knew we were created. The whole theory started in the 19th century. It's hard to believe that a truth that's been around from millenia is all of a sudden nonsense.

That's what Charles Darwin would like us to think. But his idea was nothing new. Aristotle and many ancient Greeks argued for spontaneous generation of life and the evolution of one species into another long before Charles Darwin copied the idea into his "original" scientific thesis.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: Scuba1] #6221412
04/19/18 06:50 AM
04/19/18 06:50 AM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
Originally Posted By: Scuba1
Here is another one.
Apparently J turned water into wine. That cant be right , having all them drunks

How about learn your Bible Scuba.
You told Carl to learn his #'s..now its your turn.
You, like most folks think that "wine" in modern Bibles refers to a fermented, alcohol, drink.
Sorry, but the original Hebrew for that Bible verse used the word Tirosh.
Which means un-fermented grape juice...yep, plain old grape juice.
Oinos is what it would have said, had Jesus turned it into wine with alcohol content.

A simple case of not going to Bible study class...the one where the original Greek and Hebrew is taught.

Just another problem of most denominations/churches NOT teaching the truths of the Bible, since we have a nation of folks who can't take it. Good preaching/teaching will indeed "step on our toes", and sadly some folks leave a church because "their feelings got hurt"...yet they were only informed of what the Bible says.

When I go to a Dr, I want the truth.
Same with a church, I want the truth...if folks go to a church and the preaching doesn't "step on their toes" at times, they are not being taught truths of the Bible.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221416
04/19/18 06:56 AM
04/19/18 06:56 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
How does anyone know what the original Hebrew said? Or if there even was one. What your interpreting was written several hundred years after the events being described supposedly happened.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Creationism or evolution? [Re: harleydparts] #6221433
04/19/18 07:38 AM
04/19/18 07:38 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
grin Yeah, that's it. They were all having a big wedding celebration and guzzling down plain old grape juice like there was no tomorrow. Then when they ran out, the host was distressed because his guests were digging the plain old grape juice so much. When Jesus made more grape juice the guests were amazed at the host, saying "Wow! most hosts serve the good grape juice first and then bring out the cheap grape juice after everyone is already sloshed full of the good stuff, But not you! You saved the best plain old grape juice for last!"

That makes perfect sense. I know I see it all the time where someone throws a big party and everyone is carrying around a bottle of Welch's. laugh

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread