No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232314
05/03/18 11:10 AM
05/03/18 11:10 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
I think you ought to practice what you preach.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Marty] #6232327
05/03/18 11:28 AM
05/03/18 11:28 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: Marty
I think you ought to practice what you preach.

He makes me laugh. He accuses you of voting for the party that supports gun control which isn't true about you or the party. But, constantly ignores and refuses to comment on the real party who not only supports, but demands gun control, the democrats. He is nothing more than a democrat masquerading as a Libertarian.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: ShaneT] #6232341
05/03/18 11:53 AM
05/03/18 11:53 AM
MA
M
MAArcher Offline
trapper
MAArcher  Offline
trapper
M

MA
Originally Posted By: ShaneT
Originally Posted By: Teacher
I find calling out one group or another as the reason for “gun control” as an excuse for not considering we need to do something to control the violence America has to endure because, or as a result of, the availability of firearms. It isn’t a Democrat thing. Or a Republican thing. Or a libtard thing or a conservative thing. It is an international embarrassment that we all have to endure, until we get a grip on mental health and guns. This goes beyond the singular idea on Tman that someone is going to take away our guns. This is about protecting America FROM its self-interests over the interests of the whole.

Approx. 30,000 gun deaths a year, most of which are suicide. I believe 11,000 was the latest figure for non suicide gun deaths.

A little math:

350,000,000 population/30,000 gun deaths= .00008571 % of the population killed by a gun every year on average.

without suicides it looks like: 350,000,000 population/11,000 gun homicides or accidental deaths =.00003143% of the population killed in gun violence or accidents every year on average.

Those numbers destroy the "gun violence epidemic" myth currently being perpetuated.

While each one of those deaths is tragic and we should prevent every one we can, taking away or curtailing the ability of the 2nd Amendment to work as designed for the sake of .00003143% of the population on a yearly basis is ludicrous.

ShaneT gets it. I've been all over the internet and not many do. Even the NRA doesn't get it, or those numbers would be at the forefront of their campaign, along with educating that the second amendment has absolutely nothing to do with defending your house against a burglar and everything to do with ensuring the balance of power between the governors and the governed is forever tipped in favor of the governed.

The real question is, are we being told the sky is falling, when it isn't, just because it sells and there's good money in it? Or is it because there's a group of people, powerful enough to promote this false narrative, who don't want us to have guns?

If anyone wants to verify the truth behind ShaneT's numbers just go to the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr66/nvsr66_06.pdf page 34. There were 12,979 homicides by firearms in the US in 2015. How many of those do you suppose were one drug dealer killing another? Or justifiable police and self defense shootings? How many of those homicides do you think were perpetrated with a big bad AR15? 12,979 is 0.004% of the 321 million in the US in 2015.

To put the 12,979 in perspective, nearly three times as many people die each year from "falling". Do you lie awake each night fearing that you're going to fall to your death? Do you rage at our legislatures that we need safety rails and adequate signage along every edge? Mandate that every home have non-slip surfaces in the tub? Make it law that people can only drink while sitting? No? Why not when its three times more likely to kill you? I'll tell you why, its because that's not the message you are being force-fed on a daily basis. Wake up and smell the conspiracy. I can't tell you for sure who wants your guns, but I can tell you for sure someone does.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232342
05/03/18 11:57 AM
05/03/18 11:57 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Well said MAArcher!

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232347
05/03/18 12:08 PM
05/03/18 12:08 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Listening to a guy from the UK on Hannity yesterday talking about all the stabbings there. In London, the mayor wants to ban knives, all knives. One English bloke said, "If they do that, what did they expect me to cut me steak with?"

He said if they ban knives they'll start using clubs to kill people with. The whole world is going crazy!

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232418
05/03/18 02:29 PM
05/03/18 02:29 PM
Ohio
Ronaround Offline
trapper
Ronaround  Offline
trapper

Ohio
This is insane. As a youth, guns as far as I remember never made it to schools other than maybe show and tell. <thats my age showing.>
We need common sense and that's not possible with cry rooms at college and snowflakes living off momma till there 50.We cant incarcerate the bad ones and cant give them the death card.Do you think that the common offender, be it nuts or criminal worried about 3-5 years for a kill? Did they get touched as a child or not enough spoil time so they lash out. I have 2 options, shut off Dish network or have a guy mow my lawn this summer. Guess what way i going?

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232423
05/03/18 02:40 PM
05/03/18 02:40 PM
Kansas
R
Rcates Offline
trapper
Rcates  Offline
trapper
R

Kansas
Back to the original question, this is from an email I received some time back. Remember this? Read the whole thing

The following is a narrative taken from a 2008 Sunday morning televised "Meet The Press".From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" THE THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag.

General Bill Gann' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played. The General stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...

During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".

Senator Obama replied :

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides." "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression..." "The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing."

Obama continued: "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. If that were our anthem, then, I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. [/u]It’s my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren.[u] If we,as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails, perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments".

"When I Become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations of Islam, an unfair injustice which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past".

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become The President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America!"

Yes, you read it right. I'll never forget. They are the scum of the earth

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Rcates] #6232436
05/03/18 03:12 PM
05/03/18 03:12 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: Rcates
Back to the original question, this is from an email I received some time back. Remember this? Read the whole thing

The following is a narrative taken from a 2008 Sunday morning televised "Meet The Press".From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" THE THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag.

General Bill Gann' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played. The General stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...

During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".

Senator Obama replied :

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides." "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression..." "The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing."

Obama continued: "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. If that were our anthem, then, I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. [/u]It&#146;s my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren.[u] If we,as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails, perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments".

"When I Become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations of Islam, an unfair injustice which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past".

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become The President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America!"

Yes, you read it right. I'll never forget. They are the scum of the earth

Wow! I'd never seen this before. I went to Truth or Fiction and it's all true. What were people thinking when they voted for him? I can see why the Deep State and others are working so hard to get rid of Trump. He's disrupting everything they got started. Getting rid of guns is just a small part of it.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232462
05/03/18 03:49 PM
05/03/18 03:49 PM
Central PA, God's Country
PAlltheway Offline
trapper
PAlltheway  Offline
trapper

Central PA, God's Country
America is up for grabs.
All of the founding ideas, democratic principles, and self-reliant culture have been purposefully erased from education starting at first grade and ending senior year in college since the 1960s.
Two generations of Americans now think our borders are evil, self defense is immoral, capitalism is selfish, and self-reliance is "white privilege." They believe that government is the great leveler, equalizer, and that coercing money from one person and giving to another person is the primary role of government and the most moral thing anyone can do.
Look at senate leader Mitch McConnell and the new revelations about him and his wife, how they are owned by the Chinese government. The Chinese won't have to invade America with an army, they will own it outright and control it through electronics from afar. Want your power back on? Want food? Etc.
We have so badly spoiled our children that they no longer understand what it takes to create a place like America. They do not understand risk or sacrifice.
My oldest girl graduated from NYU, one of the centerpieces for ultra liberal American colleges. She remains a conservative.
Our middle daughter is at college and within weeks of starting there began spouting off the most ridiculous garbage. At first we all laughed at her because it was so crazy, but now she's really into it. Our boy is like his pop - hunter, trapper, fisherman, as far right wing as possible and still be legit. He's like that for now. I have no idea what future he faces in college. He's a fighter, for now, and I hope he always stays that way.
The biggest thing we can do to combat this is get tenure removed from colleges.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232548
05/03/18 05:39 PM
05/03/18 05:39 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
The founders didn't believe in gun control. At all of any firearm. Was perfectly legal to buy a canon, load it with 12 pounds of 50 caliber balls (WMD assault weapon) and leave it pointed down your drive.

Yes Marty, I don't think the government should have the authority to decide who gets to buy what firearm. dangerous people should stay in prison or asylums. something I can agree with teacher on.

When I was 12 I could mail the money to Sears for ANY firearm they sold and the mailman would have brought it to the door. We lost that in 68 because white people were afraid of the blacks who were arming themselves. In a lot of cases arming them selves for good reason. It's time to end that foolishness. Honor our constitution.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232553
05/03/18 05:44 PM
05/03/18 05:44 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
450 178 grain lead balls traveling at over 1000 feet per second is not something ineffective I wouldn't imagine

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232564
05/03/18 06:01 PM
05/03/18 06:01 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted By: danny clifton
The founders didn't believe in gun control. At all of any firearm. Was perfectly legal to buy a canon, load it with 12 pounds of 50 caliber balls (WMD assault weapon) and leave it pointed down your drive.

Yes Marty, I don't think the government should have the authority to decide who gets to buy what firearm. dangerous people should stay in prison or asylums. something I can agree with teacher on.

When I was 12 I could mail the money to Sears for ANY firearm they sold and the mailman would have brought it to the door. We lost that in 68 because white people were afraid of the blacks who were arming themselves. In a lot of cases arming them selves for good reason. It's time to end that foolishness. Honor our constitution.

danny, I believe that most don't get that, heck, most probably don't even think about it. If someone is deemed to unstable to own a gun, well they should't be out in the public. Guns are just like knifes, ball bats, crowbars, screwdrivers etc. Backround checks weren't set up imo to keep us safe(lol), they were set up as a registry.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232604
05/03/18 07:15 PM
05/03/18 07:15 PM
Mountain View, AR
S
ShaneT Offline
trapper
ShaneT  Offline
trapper
S

Mountain View, AR
Originally Posted By: MAArcher
Originally Posted By: ShaneT

Approx. 30,000 gun deaths a year, most of which are suicide. I believe 11,000 was the latest figure for non suicide gun deaths.

A little math:

350,000,000 population/30,000 gun deaths= .00008571 % of the population killed by a gun every year on average.

without suicides it looks like: 350,000,000 population/11,000 gun homicides or accidental deaths =.00003143% of the population killed in gun violence or accidents every year on average.

Those numbers destroy the "gun violence epidemic" myth currently being perpetuated.

While each one of those deaths is tragic and we should prevent every one we can, taking away or curtailing the ability of the 2nd Amendment to work as designed for the sake of .00003143% of the population on a yearly basis is ludicrous.

ShaneT gets it. I've been all over the internet and not many do. Even the NRA doesn't get it, or those numbers would be at the forefront of their campaign, along with educating that the second amendment has absolutely nothing to do with defending your house against a burglar and everything to do with ensuring the balance of power between the governors and the governed is forever tipped in favor of the governed.

The real question is, are we being told the sky is falling, when it isn't, just because it sells and there's good money in it? Or is it because there's a group of people, powerful enough to promote this false narrative, who don't want us to have guns?

If anyone wants to verify the truth behind ShaneT's numbers just go to the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr66/nvsr66_06.pdf page 34. There were 12,979 homicides by firearms in the US in 2015. How many of those do you suppose were one drug dealer killing another? Or justifiable police and self defense shootings? How many of those homicides do you think were perpetrated with a big bad AR15? 12,979 is 0.004% of the 321 million in the US in 2015.

To put the 12,979 in perspective, nearly three times as many people die each year from "falling". Do you lie awake each night fearing that you're going to fall to your death? Do you rage at our legislatures that we need safety rails and adequate signage along every edge? Mandate that every home have non-slip surfaces in the tub? Make it law that people can only drink while sitting? No? Why not when its three times more likely to kill you? I'll tell you why, its because that's not the message you are being force-fed on a daily basis. Wake up and smell the conspiracy. I can't tell you for sure who wants your guns, but I can tell you for sure someone does.

Good Post lol. Thanks for correcting my math.I was distracted and forgot to carry the decimal when I wrote out my answer. My biscuits were literally burning.

The point is still the same.

12,979 of 321,000,000=.004043%. That is a smidgen more that 1/250th of 1%.

Gun violence epidemic my eye...

Last edited by ShaneT; 05/03/18 07:18 PM. Reason: I give up on math

"Good Lord, thank you for your endless bounty. Lord please give me the strength to gather what I need"
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232616
05/03/18 07:28 PM
05/03/18 07:28 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
J MHO I think that the money the libs pump into disarming folks could save a heck of a lot more lives if they spent it on cancer research.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Scuba1] #6232628
05/03/18 07:51 PM
05/03/18 07:51 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
Originally Posted By: Scuba1
J MHO I think that the money the libs pump into disarming folks could save a heck of a lot more lives if they spent it on cancer research.

not much control to be gained that way though, Scuba1

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: white marlin] #6232632
05/03/18 07:54 PM
05/03/18 07:54 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted By: white marlin
Originally Posted By: Scuba1

not much control to be gained that way though, Scuba1

Yes, there lies the truth!

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Trapper7] #6232636
05/03/18 07:59 PM
05/03/18 07:59 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Originally Posted By: Trapper7

He makes me laugh. He accuses you of voting for the party that supports gun control which isn't true about you or the party. But, constantly ignores and refuses to comment on the real party who not only supports, but demands gun control, the democrats. He is nothing more than a democrat masquerading as a Libertarian.

I didn't accuse him. I told a fact. Marty doesn't want 12 year Olds to have guns, and wants government to oversee it. That is gun control. The definition of gUn control is having government control who does or doesn't have guns. This is elementary logic.
As far as the Republican party and gun control, read their platform. It states they want reciprocity for CCW permits across states. It doesn't say they disagree with the idea of permits to carry. Permits to carry are gun control. In closing, it may be unconfortable to realize that if you believe government should decide who has guns or what kind of guns-you are a gun control advocate. As I have mentioned before, I do not talk about democrats because everyone already knows they are gun control advocates. Just like the Republicans and the NRA.

Last edited by FlyinFinn; 05/03/18 08:04 PM.
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232642
05/03/18 08:07 PM
05/03/18 08:07 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
never said I did not want 12 year old to own a gun. that's up to the parents.

12 year old should not be able to go to the store and buy whatever full auto or other firearm that he wants to on his own.

If you want all those ineligible to own firearms locked up you do not understand the rest of the constitution as it was written.

Since that is not possible we need to have something that works with the situation we exist in not rules for never never land.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232643
05/03/18 08:09 PM
05/03/18 08:09 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
That's gun control, Marty. Will you admit to being a gun control advocate Marty?

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: FlyinFinn] #6232647
05/03/18 08:11 PM
05/03/18 08:11 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
That's gun control, Marty. Will you admit to being a gun control advocate Marty?

You think a 12 year old should be able to go to the corner store and but a full auto m4?

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread