No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Marty] #6232682
05/03/18 08:36 PM
05/03/18 08:36 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Marty
Originally Posted By: danny clifton
A great number of people who can not legally defend themselves with a firearm should be allowed to. Those who pose a threat should not be released. Why is that never never land? It was the way things were done till fairly recently.

Never has anyone who could pose a threat to society received a mandatory life sentence without any possibility of parole.

Never.

They get mandatory life sentences all the time here! Any person who has been sentenced to life in Delaware since 1986 (I believe) has absolutely no possibility for parole.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Marty] #6232684
05/03/18 08:37 PM
05/03/18 08:37 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
So the rest of have to loine up to pass a background check for an inalienable right that isn't supposed to infringed on because of someone who beats their wife or has a restraining order? Hmm, you have an interesting view. What other forms of gun control do you favor Marty? Do you think automatic weapons are ok to have without having to pay a tax, or are they just for the government?

Plus you never will answer the question...do you think a 12 year old should be able to go on his own to the corner store and buy an m4 legally?

Please answer yes or no.

You answered the question yourself. Remember, if the parents deem it ok. You are advocating that the Gov should make the decisions and not the parents, can't have it both ways!

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232685
05/03/18 08:38 PM
05/03/18 08:38 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Only someone in lala land could be pro-gun control and tell themselves and others they are pro-second amendment

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232688
05/03/18 08:40 PM
05/03/18 08:40 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
jeremiah52, in 1963 if it was illegal where you lived to purchase a firearm it was a state law not federal.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/STATUTE-82/pdf/STATUTE-82-Pg1213-2.pdf

"(b) It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer,
licensed dealer, or licensed collector to sell or deliver—
r~ "(1) any firearm or ammunition to any individual who the
. t,^ I licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than
^ eighteen years of age, and, if the firearm, or ammunition is other
1 than a s h o t ^ n or rifle, or ammunition for a shotgun or rifle,
I to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause
[ to believe is less than twenty-one years of age

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Marty] #6232691
05/03/18 08:43 PM
05/03/18 08:43 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted By: danny clifton
A great number of people who can not legally defend themselves with a firearm should be allowed to. Those who pose a threat should not be released. Why is that never never land? It was the way things were done till fairly recently.

Never has anyone who could pose a threat to society received a mandatory life sentence without any possibility of parole.

Never.

So advocate for more gun control instead of a 180 with our DOJ, seem's silly...

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Marty] #6232693
05/03/18 08:46 PM
05/03/18 08:46 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Yes Marty they are inmates or “15’s” as we called them at the prison I worked at.

They should still be allowed to own any weapons they want. And when they get out, they can do whatever they want with them. Obviously when they are wards of the state they cannot have them. Even the officers can’t have guns in there...

Except for certain riot situations... boy I miss the glock 18 sometimes.

Who is John Galt?

Semper Paratus
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Catch22] #6232697
05/03/18 08:51 PM
05/03/18 08:51 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted By: Catch22
You answered the question yourself. Remember, if the parents deem it ok. You are advocating that the Gov should make the decisions and not the parents, can't have it both ways!

If you make it legal for a 12 year old to go to the gun sale table on the corner and buy an m4 how do you know that his parents say it is OK?

No gun control means gun sales to anyone, anywhere....but anyone, anywhere. Everything is legal.

Drive around the hood in Chicago selling full autos to anyone who has the money...totally legal.

That's what no gun control is.

People demonstrating outside the police station in Ferguson and you go there with 100 full autos and hand em out....totally legal.

Rise and Rise Again
Until Lambs Become Lions
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: DelawareRob] #6232699
05/03/18 08:52 PM
05/03/18 08:52 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted By: DelawareRob
Yes Marty they are inmates or “15’s” as we called them at the prison I worked at.

They should still be allowed to own any weapons they want. And when they get out, they can do whatever they want with them. Obviously when they are wards of the state they cannot have them. Even the officers can’t have guns in there...

Except for certain riot situations... boy I miss the glock 18 sometimes.

Keeping guns from wards of the state is gun control.

Rise and Rise Again
Until Lambs Become Lions
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232702
05/03/18 08:54 PM
05/03/18 08:54 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Freedom is scary.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Marty] #6232704
05/03/18 08:56 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

If you make it legal for a 12 year old to go to the gun sale table on the corner and buy an m4 how do you know that his parents say it is OK?

No gun control means gun sales to anyone, anywhere....but anyone, anywhere. Everything is legal.

Drive around the hood in Chicago selling full autos to anyone who has the money...totally legal.

People demonstrating outside the police station in Ferguson and you go there with 100 full autos and hand em out....totally legal.

Freedom is scary! It isn’t anybodies business what that twelve year olds parents think. If the kid has the money they can buy it.

Just like in Chicago, they can buy full auto now if they have the money and can find them. They don’t care about laws anyway. Most can’t own guns under current law. What is stopping them from buying guns now?

Sounds like you are for confiscation Marty! Because we should be protected from ourselves. Only fema should have guns

Who is John Galt?

Semper Paratus
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Catch22] #6232705
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas

The Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution states that "cruel and unusual punishments [shall not be] inflicted.".

I do not want more gun control, what we have now on the federal level is working just fine....except suppressors should be legal to anyone without a tax stamp.

Rise and Rise Again
Until Lambs Become Lions
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232706
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
No, it's not. It is actually a property rights issue. The state owns the prison, says no guns-that means no guns. Same as if a private person doesn't want guns on his property. That isn't gun control, as we are talking. We are talking about government controlling who can buy own or have a gun.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Marty] #6232708
05/03/18 08:57 PM
05/03/18 08:57 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH

You are a full on advocate for Gov control. Let them decide, it makes us safer lol. Carry on in your PC world Marty, FREEDOM, real FREEDOM scares a lot of you people. All I have to say is, shame for shame!!

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232710
05/03/18 08:58 PM
05/03/18 08:58 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I bet there are 10 times more full auto's "in the hood" of Chicago than in all of Las Vegas where its big business for people to go out to ranges while on vacation to shoot them.

Last edited by danny clifton; 05/03/18 09:00 PM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: FlyinFinn] #6232711
05/03/18 08:59 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

No, it's not. It is actually a property rights issue. The state owns the prison, says no guns-that means no guns. Same as if a private person doesn't want guns on his property. That isn't gun control, as we are talking. We are talking about government controlling who can buy own or have a gun.

Have an adult read this to you slowly Marty. Maybe you’ll understand property rights also.

Who is John Galt?

Semper Paratus
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: DelawareRob] #6232714
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
[Freedom is scary! It isn’t anybodies business what that twelve year olds parents think. If the kid has the money they can buy it.

Just like in Chicago, they can buy full auto now if they have the money and can find them. They don’t care about laws anyway. Most can’t own guns under current law. What is stopping them from buying guns now?

Sounds like you are for confiscation Marty! Because we should be protected from ourselves. Only fema should have guns

If you think I am for confiscation of guns your nuts.

Anyone can buy anything......anyone can commit any crime.....why have any laws at all? Do away with all laws and have total freedom.

Rise and Rise Again
Until Lambs Become Lions
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: DelawareRob] #6232716
05/03/18 09:01 PM
05/03/18 09:01 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas

Have an adult read this to you slowly Marty. Maybe you’ll understand property rights also.

I am an adult.

Rise and Rise Again
Until Lambs Become Lions
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Marty] #6232722
05/03/18 09:05 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Yes, most gun laws are nonsense. Why have laws if they aren’t enforced. You sound just like the left when you say why don’t we just have no laws at all...
No one is calling for anarchy. I just want everyone treated fairly under laws. And I don’t want laws infringing on mine or anyone else’s constitutional rights

We are a nation of laws.

“A nation of laws” means that laws, not people, rule. Everyone is to be governed by the same laws, regardless of their station; whether it is the most common American or Members of Congress, high-ranking bureaucrats or the President of the United States; all must be held to the just laws of America.

We don’t have that when the police and government have special laws Marty.

Who is John Galt?

Semper Paratus
Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: danny clifton] #6232723
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
People who want to hurt others are not restrained by laws. That is a fact. Making it illegal to hurt others allows those people to be incarcerated and protect the public from them. Having gun restrictions protects no one. Its just feel good nonsense. Till you need a firearm and can not access one. Then its a feel bad tragedy.

Re: Disrming America. Who is behind it??????????? [Re: Marty] #6232725
05/03/18 09:06 PM
05/03/18 09:06 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH

The Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution states that "cruel and unusual punishments [shall not be] inflicted.".

I do not want more gun control, what we have now on the federal level is working just fine....except suppressors should be legal to anyone without a tax stamp.

Calling out the 8th, fine. So bust the ones who break the law and be done with it, don't punish the ones who tear the crap out of tin cans and harvest a moose. Good grief man, do you hear yourself?

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread