No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Turtle trapping tips [Re: BullOx] #6250094
05/29/18 08:35 PM
05/29/18 08:35 PM
Southern Indiana
P
Pressure9pa Offline
trapper
Pressure9pa  Offline
trapper
P

Southern Indiana
Just leave a fish basket full of crappie and large bluegill that you plan to fillet unattended for a few hours. Worked for me last weekend.

Re: Turtle trapping tips [Re: eric space] #6250122
05/29/18 09:13 PM
05/29/18 09:13 PM
Michigan
B
BullOx Offline OP
trapper
BullOx  Offline OP
trapper
B

Michigan
Originally Posted By: eric space
Notice I said "breather holes", not 1 hole. I have only twice had small ones stuck in a hole and then I still had 3 other holes they could use. Big advantage to be able to hide the traps underwater and not have them stolen or tampered with. Floating net traps last me maybe 4 nights if I am lucky before they are slit open by "fishermen". I have to hide net traps back under overhanging branches to keep them safe.

In Michigan you have to have the whole top above water I believe

Trapping is easy you say? You try getting your target animal to step in a 3 inch area of its whole territory.
Re: Turtle trapping tips [Re: Pressure9pa] #6250124
05/29/18 09:14 PM
05/29/18 09:14 PM
Michigan
B
BullOx Offline OP
trapper
BullOx  Offline OP
trapper
B

Michigan
Originally Posted By: Pressure9pa
Just leave a fish basket full of crappie and large bluegill that you plan to fillet unattended for a few hours. Worked for me last weekend.

I wish I could do either turtles or crawdad commercially, Michigan laws suck on that. Crawfish no limit but you can't sell them, turtle one a day and you can't sell them

Trapping is easy you say? You try getting your target animal to step in a 3 inch area of its whole territory.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread