Craft Sales Forum

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~Trapperman.com Live

Trap Chat~Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum

~Catalog~

Craft Sales Rules

1. All posts made for selling must contain the asking price for the item.
2. It's the sellers responsibility to define clearly how payments are to be made, including shipping costs.
3. Trapperman.com is not responsible for transactions made on this forum.
4. A maximum of ten items per post will be allowed, but anyone can make more than one post.
5. A post may only be brought to the top purposely three times, and will be locked after the third time. Once a post has been locked, it will remain on the forum, but cannot be put back on the forum in the form of a new post for two weeks.

Print Thread
Hop To
Handstitched Fur Trapper Hats! #5547441
06/09/16 04:53 PM
06/09/16 04:53 PM
Wisconsin
SkyeGoode Offline OP
trapper
SkyeGoode  Offline OP
trapper

Wisconsin
Due to the low fur prices, I started sewing fur hats and now I don't even send my furs to auction really, I just have them tanned to be made into hats! I handstitch every single inch, and can make you hats from your own tanned furs, or from my own. If using your furs, I only charge $150 for trapper style, $50-$75 for Daniel Boone style, or $40 for headbands. If using my furs, it would be that price plus the cost of my furs. Below are some of the styles that I've made, and any style can be made with any fur species, it just depends on how many pelts it takes. For example, I can make a full fur trapper hat from one large coyote, but it will take 2 large fox to make the same hat, 3 coon, 5-6 skunks, 8+ marten/muskrat, and so on. I also have a kids' size pattern for the little ones!

I do have a Facebook page where I do most of my business, www.facebook.com/BearfootFurs, or you can email me at skyeskyegoode@gmail.com for questions!

"The Barefoot Trapper"
Re: Handstitched Fur Trapper Hats! [Re: SkyeGoode] #5554257
06/16/16 01:31 PM
06/16/16 01:31 PM
Billings, MT
Wolfwoman Offline
trapper
Wolfwoman  Offline
trapper

Billings, MT
Good luck with your venture into fur sewing!

One word of advice - do not sew by hand for a long time. I've been doing it for 16 years now and I regret not using a machine more. My hands hurt in more than a few places. wink So if and when you can, invest in a fur machine!

Great work!

Re: Handstitched Fur Trapper Hats! [Re: SkyeGoode] #6301280
08/13/18 10:38 PM
08/13/18 10:38 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Nice hats and good prices.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Paul Dobbins