No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: bacatrapper] #6305178
08/18/18 10:44 PM
08/18/18 10:44 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: bacatrapper
If you shoot all the deacons, for getting laid or having a kid or two on the side, or drinking some beer, there will be noone at the church to open the door for you, and say good morning when you come over for the sunday services.

I know the modern definition of deacon has been changed a bit but there is only one Deacon biblically. The men holding the doors and money plates are ushers.
A deacon is more like today's modern associate pastor.

Last edited by Ken Smith; 08/18/18 10:45 PM.

Matthew 7:6 KJV
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine....
-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: bowhunter27295] #6305261
08/19/18 01:20 AM
08/19/18 01:20 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

So, how many denominations that follow Paul's teaching about deacon selection also follow his teaching that women should remain silent in church, and if they have any questions about the teachings must wait until they get home to ask their husbands about what was taught.

Yes, I'm trying to stir up the pot a little.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: bowhunter27295] #6305265
08/19/18 02:23 AM
08/19/18 02:23 AM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Very few. I don't know of one church in my state that goes with what the bible actually says when it's a hard saying such as this. That doesn't make it any less true though.

I believe when it is speaking about women being silent in church it is talking about the congregation. Not so much in a building, but in the midst of the congregation women should be silent.

Obviously the purpose of this is to keep them from teaching anything. Exactly why only the Lord truly knows. But I'm sure all of us can come up with some ideas of why. Heck there are a lot of men who should stay quiet in church as well
All of these worldly churches are full of these foolish men.

This is why there is a list of requirements for a bishop and a deacon, so that the men who are speaking and teaching in church have at least a moral high ground that the rest of the congregation can see. Too many men get their certificate to preach from a school or an online course these day rather than from a spirit filled man of God.
That is the reason we are even having this discussion, no one wants to believe the clear text of the word of God anymore, everyone wants to do that which is right in their own eyes.
It's human nature. To sin

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine....
-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: waggler] #6305405
08/19/18 09:33 AM
08/19/18 09:33 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted By: waggler
So, how many denominations that follow Paul's teaching about deacon selection also follow his teaching that women should remain silent in church, and if they have any questions about the teachings must wait until they get home to ask their husbands about what was taught.

I think u mistook Bible for Quran.

N short.

Women are not to be given authority over men. Doesn't mean they don't play a huge roll! In some cases more important roll!!

Last edited by brianmall; 08/19/18 09:34 AM.
Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: Nd_guy] #6305408
08/19/18 09:34 AM
08/19/18 09:34 AM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
Originally Posted By: Nd_guy
Plenty of hate towards Catholics in this thread. So let me start by saying I am a Catholic that married a Southern Baptist. We attend both services and bible studies with our daughters. So, I have heard all this hatred and judgement before.

There is a single point to remember... the way to salvation is through Christ. That does not matter if you are Catholic or Protestant.

If your deacon wants to have a beer with their adult stepkids he or she should be able to with out judgement from the flock.

Nick from North Dakota

Exactly the way I see it also.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: brianmall] #6305419
08/19/18 09:44 AM
08/19/18 09:44 AM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted By: brianmall
Originally Posted By: waggler

I think u mistook Bible for Quran.

N short.

Women are not to be given authority over men. Doesn't mean they don't play a huge roll! In some cases more
important roll!!

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Okay, here's the direct quote from the Bible, not the Quran.

Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: bowhunter27295] #6305493
08/19/18 11:20 AM
08/19/18 11:20 AM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
If you have to be some God and a sin free person to be a Deacon in the church I would question many things about that church.

I can tell you I know many people that call themselves Christians but Monday through Saturday they live a different life then that of a Christian.

I am a believer and my faith is strong in the Lord but I can say that I don't believe in some of the ways the church does business. I can talk for one church they want money more then they care if you are receiving the gospel.

Last edited by snowy; 08/19/18 11:56 AM.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: bowhunter27295] #6305499
08/19/18 11:32 AM
08/19/18 11:32 AM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
Pretty easy too see why we have so many church splits and so many different demonations.

Kenneth schoening
Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: bowhunter27295] #6305510
08/19/18 11:50 AM
08/19/18 11:50 AM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

I think Paul's letters need to be read from a little different perspective than most of the other books of the Bible, not that they are any less important, just different.

Even Paul himself says in 1 Corinthians chapter 11 that we are to "Judge for yourselves" concerning hair and head covering issues.

We have to remember that Paul was dealing with the merging of gentiles and Jews into one faith, he had many conflicting cultural issues to deal with.

Are we to take his dogmatically his teaching that we should all stay single and celibate? Of course not, even he realized that. Some denominations have taken that instruction dogmatically and don't allow their clergy to marry.

I think when reading Paul's teaching it's pretty easy to see what is important to implement into the way we are to live. If it's a subject that he's teaching that is also taught about in the rest of the scriptures; such as sexual morality issues, then it's a no-brainer. If it's a cultural issue then we are allowed to give it some subjective thought.

Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: bowhunter27295] #6305525
08/19/18 12:17 PM
08/19/18 12:17 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Waggled

It's in an athoritive context. As in not to diminish a man's authority or undermine it.

Not as in: sit down, shut up, and only speak when spoken to.

That's the best I can explain it.

Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: bowhunter27295] #6305528
08/19/18 12:28 PM
08/19/18 12:28 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Contrary to popular belief

Men can be wrong and women may have questions.

I use to instruct in the Military. Every once in a while I would say something wrong and/or just be wrong. Only was a real issue when you had that one smart guy n the class who had to prove how stupid you were. Or that one guy that had to question everything you said simply because he wasn't in Charge.

Women are to be a help mate. Not the tip of the spear so to say. When they start voicing their thoughts and questions in a public setting like that. Then they are becoming the tip of spear which isn't their role.

Very tricky topic!

Women are not second class citizens! They are mens equal in eyes of Lord. Just have different roles to be played.

Again. Very tricky topic!

Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: bowhunter27295] #6305529
08/19/18 12:32 PM
08/19/18 12:32 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Lol

I am the head of my household! "Tip of spear"

My wife keeps me going most of the time when I'm ready to quit!

And a lot of the time when the spear is needed? She is the one wielding it!!

Team!!! (Family unit)

Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: brianmall] #6305533
08/19/18 12:45 PM
08/19/18 12:45 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK

I use to instruct in the Military. Every once in a while I would say something wrong and/or just be wrong. Only was a real issue when you had that one smart guy n the class who had to prove how stupid you were. Or that one guy that had to question everything you said simply because he wasn't in Charge.

Women are to be a help mate. Not the tip of the spear so to say. When they start voicing their thoughts and questions in a public setting like that. Then they are becoming the tip of spear which isn't their role.

Very tricky topic!

Women are not second class citizens! They are mens equal in eyes of Lord. Just have different roles to be played.

I am all for anyone believing any way they choose. But I personally find the above offensive! It IMPLIES that women are NOT necessarily men's equal in the eyes of men.

Seems to me that could easily be the source of a lot of friction throughout the world. I think it lends credence to complaints by some that the world is a patriarchy.

Mean As Nails
Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: white17] #6305562
08/19/18 01:39 PM
08/19/18 01:39 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted By: white17

Very tricky topic!

I am all for anyone believing any way they choose. But I personally find the above offensive! It IMPLIES that women are NOT necessarily men's equal in the eyes of men.

Seems to me that could easily be the source of a lot of friction throughout the world. I think it lends credence to complaints by some that the world is a patriarchy.

That's my point white.

The roles as intended by God are not equal! Man and woman (different!)

Authority is given to man to answer conversation in question!

Taken out of context you wind up with the sit down and shut up mentality where women become property (Islam other messed up cultures and religion).

"They are mens equals in eyes of Lord" refers to spiritual importance. As in their souls. Women are not second hand creations etc...

Lol

Women are not necessarily equal in the eyes of men!!!! That's why u end up with women riding in back seat, walking behind their men, being bought and sold, in some cultures put to death when their men grow tired of them.

My point is that although men and women are not equal in roles to be played. We are equal in importance! Each gender having their own role to play out.

But in today's world when a guy can say he is a girl then run in a race and win when he wouldn't have even made role call on the men's team. I can see how there may be some confusion about that.

The original question refers to women taking authority in a spiritual environment such as church.

Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: bowhunter27295] #6305565
08/19/18 01:47 PM
08/19/18 01:47 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Also

More confusion is added when you don't believe in God and His design. God didn't create two men or two women. He created one man and one woman with very obvious differences and roles to play. Then you also have the family unit and how it is to function as intended by God.

Take away even the most generic belief in God and His creation. And this conversation will go nowhere in a hurry!

Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: brianmall] #6305578
08/19/18 02:08 PM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT

Not to start a conflict here but why then can't a women be a preacher in some churches if they aren't a second class citizen.

Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: brianmall] #6305579
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Lol

I am the head of my household! "Tip of spear"

My wife keeps me going most of the time when I'm ready to quit!

And a lot of the time when the spear is needed? She is the one wielding it!!

Team!!! (Family unit)

Amen!

-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: bowhunter27295] #6305590
08/19/18 02:33 PM
08/19/18 02:33 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
I personally don't agree with any of the modern Greek definitions that are contrary to the word of God. That doesn't mean that some of them don't line up with the Bible and are accurate.
There is not a person on Earth today that speaks 100% koine Greek or ancient Hebrew for that matter. So we can't depend on man to keep the word of God that's God's job and he promised to do it. Psalms 12

See when King James made a council of the top scholars in the world to transliterate the KJV he used people who knew both languages fluently, and the method used to do this was to translate each word, 1 word at a time. This is why the KJV stands alone against all other modern (per)versions.
They didnt translate based off of doctrine or even have to agree on a sentence, they had to all agree 100% on the translation of each and every word. This is why it took years. Because they did it this way they didn't pervert the Bible based on doctrine as all the modern folks have. There has to be a standard to measure against and the KJV is that standard in English.
All the other Bible have clearly been adulterated and changed to fit the doctrine of the times. And there is no new thing under the sun. So compare these Bible or worldly Greek definitions to the Bible and if there is a conflict the Bible is right and the world is wrong.
The Bible says to let God be true and every man a liar.

If any of you are interested in learning the very sinister and satanic changes used by modern Greek and Hebrew mistranslations of the Bible there is a free documentary on YouTube that you can watch called New World Order Bible Versions.
Here is a link
https://youtu.be/kFtI_mVOXbQ

Remember Satan runs the world so of course he is changing the Bible and it's definitions.

Last edited by Ken Smith; 08/19/18 02:45 PM.

-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: bowhunter27295] #6305602
08/19/18 02:48 PM
08/19/18 02:48 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Satans famous first words..
"Yeah, hath God said,"

-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Biblical requirments of a Deacon [Re: snowy] #6305637
08/19/18 03:55 PM
08/19/18 03:55 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted By: snowy

Not to start a conflict here but why then can't a women be a preacher in some churches if they aren't a second class citizen.

I think someone else posted the verses. It's an authority issue.

Not being allowed biblically for a woman to have that authority does not make them 2nd class or of any lesser value.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread