No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Weakening springs for muskrat traps [Re: tlguy] #6324180
09/13/18 11:05 AM
09/13/18 11:05 AM
Berlin, Pa.
C
cci Offline
trapper
cci  Offline
trapper
C

Berlin, Pa.
Can always change back to strong springs when coon prices sky rocket. Lol. Can save the weakened ones for changing back

Re: Weakening springs for muskrat traps [Re: tlguy] #6324451
09/13/18 06:33 PM
09/13/18 06:33 PM
Kanabec Cty, MN
D
Drakej Offline
trapper
Drakej  Offline
trapper
D

Kanabec Cty, MN
I just take off one of the springs and levers of any 1.5CS I can get for a cheap price. I takes only one minute per trap when you get it down. It makes setting and firing much easier(can set nearly one hand when having to told canoe in position on windy days), it gets one of the springs out of the approach path which I loved about the single underspring and it is less painful on my cold fingers when I get snapped by them because I can never stop double checking trap placement before I leave set(I don't know how often trap gets displaced working the set). I can just as quickly reinstall second spring/lever if I want double coils again.. I remove chain side spring/lever for pocket/crawl out sets as I stake away from trap, lever goes into pocket and I remove the opposite chain side spring/lever from traps I use in setting inside feeder houses which I stake away from trap to outside of feeder. The object is to not have chain under trap making it hard to stabilize to staking point.

I've learned enough thru the years to now know that I don't know enough. KNOWLEDGE IS FREEDOM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread