No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: inside wood stove vs outdoor boiler [Re: charles] #6355358
10/24/18 11:01 AM
10/24/18 11:01 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
Originally Posted By: charles
Do you get insects and spiders in your garage? Lots of bugs around wood piles.

I have a 900 sq ft separate building that I use as a work shop, it uses electric hydronic heat.
I still get bugs in there.
I get bugs in the house, bugs are everywhere.

I store 1 winters worth of wood in my attached house garage.
I don't think there are any more bugs in the garage with or without the wood.
I also store 2 years worth of wood outside under a lean-to, not alot bugs in there.

Yes, there is wood chips, bark and some dirt after the winters wood is burned up and gone but its not very much.
A quick sweep job and its clean enough for a garage.
If your not letting the stuff sit for years at a time I don't think the critters move in as badly.

Re: inside wood stove vs outdoor boiler [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #6355797
10/24/18 06:59 PM
10/24/18 06:59 PM
Ohio, Old fart to some.
ack Offline
trapper
ack  Offline
trapper

Ohio, Old fart to some.
i have an indoor stove. spray your wood pile with cyper (https://www.amazon.com/CYPER-814176-Comparable-Demon-Cynoff/dp/B01E9I067K). no bugs. i put in duct work above the stove with a filter and a fan in the attic. it is plumbed back into the plenum. i run the fan with a cooling thermostat. turns on at 72 degrees . if we leave and the fire goes out the propane furnace kicks in at 70. even heat throughout the house except the stove room which runs 5 to 10 degrees warmer depending on outside temps. wife keeps the house between 75 and 77 all winter. to warm for me but she babysits little ones during the days.

i ain't going outside to stoke the stove in the cold.

_________

I used to have superpowers… but a therapist took them away.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Re: inside wood stove vs outdoor boiler [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #6355998
10/24/18 09:50 PM
10/24/18 09:50 PM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa
Another plus for the outdoor burners is that you can burn green wood. Seasoned wood does burn a little better tho. This will be my first year burning only hardwood in it (green). I mostly burned slab wood (hemlock). Can't give exact numbers but I know it doesn't burn twice what I burned in the inside stove. I used about 5-6 cords inside (seasoned hardwood) and 10-12 cords of hemlock outside.

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: inside wood stove vs outdoor boiler [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #6356083
10/24/18 11:24 PM
10/24/18 11:24 PM
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline
trapper
J.Morse  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Michigan
Dirty D, lets hear more on that masonry heater....another thread so no highjack?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread