No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Propylene glycol? [Re: Brady wayne] #6467847
02/20/19 04:18 PM
02/20/19 04:18 PM
Rochester, MN
Teacher Offline
trapper
Teacher  Offline
trapper

Rochester, MN
It’s been close to a month since I’ve been back to this thread. A lot has happened since then.

1. The coldest it got when i’ve used this mix has been about 17 degrees F.

2. I believe there are different grades of glycerine and glycol. Medical grade will be better (or different) than automotive use grades. On top of that, Ethylene glycol is slightly different than propylene glycol. Ethylene is a 2-carbon based chain while propylene is a 3-carbon based chain. Simply buying something called glycol doesn’t tell you what it is and the concentration application is left up to you. Years ago, I bought a pint of glycerine, mixed it 60/40 with water and put it into the freezer. Two days later it was syrupy but didn’t freeze. Antifreeze glycols will go much lower than that when mixed 50/50. Bob Jameson, Scott Phillips and some of the others on here should be able to give you better information.

Never too old to learn
Re: Propylene glycol? [Re: bfflobo] #6467961
02/20/19 07:12 PM
02/20/19 07:12 PM
Iowa
trapperjdb Offline
trapper
trapperjdb  Offline
trapper

Iowa
Originally Posted by bfflobo
How much oder does it have?
How corrosive is it ?

I’m not sure if it is necessary, but I mix it with creek water.

ITA, NRA & NTA member

Short liner and proud of it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread