No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: These are the Politicians Our Ancestors blocked [Re: danny clifton] #6498812
03/23/19 02:01 PM
03/23/19 02:01 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by danny clifton
don't know yet marty

You will have 2 choices that are viable. Most likely Trump and the progressive the dems put forth. Take your time and think it over...

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: These are the Politicians Our Ancestors blocked [Re: ] #6498836
03/23/19 02:51 PM
03/23/19 02:51 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by J Staton
I don't believe a bumpstock is a firearm so in that sense a ban on them would not be unconstitutional. Now redefining a category of a weapon, calling a semi and auto, because of a bumpstock would be unconstitutional. Stupid ban no matter what is determined in my opinion.
Libertarians support open borders which I find to be the greatest threat to the sovereignty of our nation, which in turn becomes the greatest threat to the second. Should these libertarian politicians and their supporters be blocked too? Who is to be trusted?

A bump stock is not a firearm, but it is a debatably a useful accessory for using a firearm. I believe the original intent of the founders, that at least 6 of my many great grandfathers fought for in the American Revolutionary War, was that armed citizens could prevent their government from becoming tyrannical. I do not think there was to be any limits on the weaponry and tools and accessories needed to use that weaponry against tyrants. What good are firearms without bullets? The Second Amendment was short, because they thought it was obvious in meaning. The word "Militia" was used because they wanted the people to come together against tyrants. They also expected people to come together against those who would use weapons improperly. Freedom is a right and a responsibility, that must be guarded.

Keith

Re: These are the Politicians Our Ancestors blocked [Re: Mira Trapper] #6498848
03/23/19 03:13 PM
03/23/19 03:13 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Keith bullets are necessary to the intended function of the firearm. Bumpstocks aren't. Now don't get me wrong. I hope that the SCOTUS finds this ban unconstitutional. Scopes aren't necessary to the function of the firearm either. Dumb move by Trump and a strike against him.

Re: These are the Politicians Our Ancestors blocked [Re: Mira Trapper] #6498864
03/23/19 04:02 PM
03/23/19 04:02 PM
Pa
A
Art S Offline
trapper
Art S  Offline
trapper
A

Pa
I think they ( Trump Admin.) did the ban knowing it would be shot down in court ,
that way he shut up the anti's screaming " you are not doing anything about gun violence "
even though they really didn't do anything that would stick .imo We will see .

Last edited by Art S; 03/23/19 04:03 PM.
Re: These are the Politicians Our Ancestors blocked [Re: Mira Trapper] #6498866
03/23/19 04:04 PM
03/23/19 04:04 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by J Staton
Keith bullets are necessary to the intended function of the firearm. Bumpstocks aren't. Now don't get me wrong. I hope that the SCOTUS finds this ban unconstitutional. Scopes aren't necessary to the function of the firearm either. Dumb move by Trump and a strike against him.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I think the argument can be made, that anything that makes an arm, meaning weapon, more effective at keeping America secure, should be part of this right.

I have doubts about how useful a bump stock is.

Keith

Re: These are the Politicians Our Ancestors blocked [Re: Mira Trapper] #6498885
03/23/19 04:36 PM
03/23/19 04:36 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
we were told trump couldn't win also. no thanks marty. the mans word is no good

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread