No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: 97 F250 Hd. Can someone explain to me why [Re: Catch22] #6603754
08/26/19 09:07 PM
08/26/19 09:07 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline
trapper
Davisfur  Offline
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
If the transmission code cannot be cleared then it means tgat the problem is present at the time of the codes being ran and they won't clear because the problem is still present. You might check the transmission wiring harness that plugs into the passenger side of the transmission above the pan. It may have a chaffing problem or my have somehow gotten against the exhaust or something else. They even had some trouble with the plug burning on the inside due to poor connection. Hard to pinpoint your problem without the truck on hand but hope something helps catch. My transmission had to be rebuilt due to 2 wires rubbing on the frame and shorting out causing it to not shift properly. The guy before me got tired of chasing the problem and just drove it till it gave up then sold me the truck for $200. $1200 rebuild and 2 repaired wires later she's still going! Spent 12 years in a Ford shop before I had enough and moved on to greener pastures.

Re: 97 F250 Hd. Can someone explain to me why [Re: Catch22] #6603891
08/26/19 10:36 PM
08/26/19 10:36 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline OP
trapper
Catch22  Offline OP
trapper

OH
Thank you all. I don't have a tech that I can trust to call out the truth on what's going on and not charge me more then the trucks worth. She's rusty but I have gotten attached. I'll try the drain and filter, then if that don't work I guess I'll take it, as this is my only ride. Dang!

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: 97 F250 Hd. Can someone explain to me why [Re: Catch22] #6603967
08/27/19 12:57 AM
08/27/19 12:57 AM
upstate NY
M
Mr. Ed Offline
trapper
Mr. Ed  Offline
trapper
M

upstate NY
Originally Posted by Catch22
Originally Posted by handitrapper
Not sure what type system ford uses for shifting? Maybe a valve body? Does the fluid smell burnt or real dirty? Start by flushing the trans fluid and change filter.

Handi, fluid is good. I will say that the previous owner had the trans cooling lines cut for some reason and had like rubber lines connecting them together and were leaking. So I replaced them with a compression fitting and this is when the problems started. I'm at a loss.

if they were cut up near the radiator,they were probably leaking and very rusty. Easier to just put a piece of hose in and clamp it. NE salt kills them

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread