No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: new trapper with questions. [Re: cmj] #6638301
10/12/19 04:16 PM
10/12/19 04:16 PM
rochester nh
D
don403 Offline
trapper
don403  Offline
trapper
D

rochester nh
WELCOME you can use victor 1.75 for coyote but doubble stake,now i use victor#3 good all around trap off set jaws,make sure you doubble stake,good luck.

24coyotes,4 coon 3 grey fox,118muskrats,4 mink,6 fisher 23 beaver , 10 otter,4 bobcat
Re: new trapper with questions. [Re: cmj] #6638426
10/12/19 08:50 PM
10/12/19 08:50 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
Here’s what helped me shorten my learning curve by decades. Join your state trapping assn, Google it. Then contact officers off their site and ask for a mentor to ride along with. This gets you in the info loop of FREE trappers ed classes and meets and fur sales/pick ups, and conventions. Then attend ALL YOU CAN, this shows folks you are serious and will be a good student. It sure helped open many doors for me and it could for you as well. ALSO, get several different trapping supply catalogs, like MTP, Sterling Fur, FandT, PCS, Schmitt enterprises, Southeastern outdoor supplies, rpoutdoors, etc etc, THEN circle gear you need, and give the catalogs to loved ones to buy your Birthday and Christmas and July 4 and Anniversary gifts. Explain to them, you want their money to go towards what you will use and need, as opposed to another sweater hanging in your closet. WORKS GREAT in our family.
PLUS, join the huntingpa forum too to ask for a mentor.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: new trapper with questions. [Re: cmj] #6638431
10/12/19 09:00 PM
10/12/19 09:00 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
As already stated, start out chasing coons and muskrats. Don't get discouraged if at first you don't succeed. Just keep after it and you'll catch on.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread