No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
hope this is not fake news #6702188
12/22/19 09:14 AM
12/22/19 09:14 AM
Piney va. soon be 19
cotton Offline OP
trapper
cotton  Offline OP
trapper

Piney va. soon be 19
Over the last few months, Virginia Democrats have worked to pass extreme gun control measures in the state. In fact, a Democratic congressmen went as far as to say that the National Guard my have to be used in order to enforce a door-to-door gun grab.

“And ultimately, I’m not the governor, but the governor may have to nationalize the National Guard to enforce the law,” Rep. Donald McEachin said, according to Newsweek. “That’s his call, because I don’t know how serious these counties are and how severe the violations of law will be. But that’s obviously an option he has.”

However, one National Guardsman — who opted to remain anonymous — will not be going along with state’s prospective gun control measures, writing a direct letter to McEachin that “we will not comply.”

Here’s the letter, per Law Enforcement Today:

Mr. McEachin, have you ever heard of a little thing called the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878? Apparently, you are not.

Allow me to fill you in.

The purpose of the act is to limit the military branches from enforcing laws against US. citizens. While the PCA does not prevent a governor from calling the Virginia National Guard, the law enforcement capacity of the Guard while on state active duty is full-scale enforcement of martial law when local law enforcement can no longer maintain civilian control.

Are you listening Mr. McEachin? If Governor Northam were to call up the National Guard, it would be through enacting martial law. …

Martial law is the imposition of direct military control of normal civilian functions by a government, especially in response to a temporary emergency such as invasion or major disaster, or in an occupied territory.

Sheriffs and police chiefs refusing to go against the Constitution to fulfill your stupid anti-gun drivel hardly constitutes a temporary emergency.

If you and your fellow Constitution-hating hacks continue to push an agenda of gun banning, forfeiture and confiscation, I can almost assure you that you might meet more than one requirement for enacting martial law.

If you force local law enforcement to start violating peoples 2nd Amendment rights by taking their guns, you will wind up with temporary emergency due to an occupied territory.

If the state deems that it should enact martial law because sheriff’s, whose only “crime” is standing up for the Constitution, here is what it looks like.

The state Constitution would be suspended. So would habeas corpus and civil rights.

There would be no freedom of the press, assembly or speech.

Curfews would be enforced on the people.

Troops would be in the streets for enforcement.

Checkpoints would be set up for control.

The Guard would have the ability to hold a person without charge.

Imprisonment without representation or due process.

Seeing that we are talking about gun control, there would be warrantless, house to house confiscation of firearms, ammunition, food supplies.

I have to wonder if this is really what Democratic leaders in Virginia want. Because what it equates to is a tyrannical government using its military as ‘enforcers.’

And that is exactly what the 2nd Amendment was created to protect against.

If the Virginia legislators want to push this issue, it could get ugly.

And oh, by the way, plan on seeing the vast majority of the Virginia National Guard become Conscientious Objectors. It will be really hard for them to arrest cops and confiscate guns when none of them will carry the necessary arms to enforce said arrests and confiscations.

How do I know this? I am one of them and will be one of the first to lay down my gun and walk away.

I will not be a pawn in a tyrannical game of human chess. Neither will most of the men and women I serve with.

Let us know what you think of this National Guardsman’s letter to Rep. Donald McEachin about not complying with anti-2A gun control measures. Leave a comment below and be sure to vote in our daily poll.

John 3/16

ifin your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough
VTA life member

Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702196
12/22/19 09:20 AM
12/22/19 09:20 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Hope its true

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702208
12/22/19 09:26 AM
12/22/19 09:26 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
it may be real. i am sure that is a common attitude though i think gaurdsmen would be more apt to keep quiet till they are given the illegal order to violate the bill of rights

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702223
12/22/19 09:42 AM
12/22/19 09:42 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
They can arrest the gov as well.

I hope they do that as soon as he violates the Constitution with unlawful order.

Right there on the spot!!

Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702226
12/22/19 09:43 AM
12/22/19 09:43 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Online content
trapper
Finster  Online Content
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Why I doubt most National Guardsmen would comply is because, if you think about it, they would be fighting to suppress their very own rights. They are the citizens of Virginia and if they enforce these laws, they will be taking away their own rights. Sounds like something only an ignorant Libtard would do and the military has much fewer of them than patriots.

Last edited by Finster; 12/22/19 09:44 AM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702232
12/22/19 09:49 AM
12/22/19 09:49 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Almost 20 years in guard

The guard for the most part is a community organization. You serve in or around with your community that you grew up in or near with men and women you have known your entire life.

I'd say 70% of your guardsmen would not only say no to an order like this but would be up in arms over it!!!!!

It's the upper command you have to worry about. Almost all of them are in it for a career and would probably cave to the possible loss of career. Then you also have to worry about this younger generation of kids comming up (possibly your own kid even if they have been left unattended in these public schools). This younger generation has been brainwashed with commie/islamic ideologies and waxed ignorant to our Constitution while being taught America is evil. So who knows what they will do? Pretty scary!!!!

Last edited by brianmall; 12/22/19 09:52 AM.
Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702258
12/22/19 10:11 AM
12/22/19 10:11 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Personally

I think it's a test run to see how the nation will react. Combine what is going on here with this baseless impeachment of our president and I think you can come to the same conclusion.

They know we will fight if they impeach this President! So I think they are testing the waters on a complete disarming of the American population before they do so.

On top that I'm hearing rumors on how the UN is claiming they have the right to force states to comply with climate change laws. As in they can bring troops here to force us to comply!? Trojan horse that allows our Congress to bring in help when it all hits the fan.

So:

1. Test run in VA with gun grab before impeachment
2. Do it on a national lvl if it goes well
3. Impeach president
4. All the while bringing in UN

If it goes south in VA!? Count on a civil war!

Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702271
12/22/19 10:20 AM
12/22/19 10:20 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
In his Newsweek article McEachin talks about enforcing a constitutional law. Last I checked there is only one branch of government that determines that. It'll go to the Supreme Court before any attempt to seize guns is made.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702274
12/22/19 10:22 AM
12/22/19 10:22 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
un troops? what a joke. the girl scouts can deal with u.n. troops.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: brianmall] #6702286
12/22/19 10:34 AM
12/22/19 10:34 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by brianmall
Personally

I think it's a test run to see how the nation will react.

It is obvious to me that liberal/progressive elected officials across the country conspire with one another in order to achieve their goals. Yes, their goal is disarming the American citizen so they can impose their will on the nation thru the use of force. If pelosi thought she could get away with removing the POTUS thru the use of force she would not hesitate to do so, that should be obvious to everyone. These people thought they were going to be able to complete the transformation of the country after clinton was elected and their bubble got burst. I would not eliminate any course of action that is possible for them to take no matter how drastic that course of action may be since they believe that they know what is best for everyone and they feel the most important thing is for their desires to be implemented......regardless of the suffering it may cause to the majority of American citizens.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702289
12/22/19 10:36 AM
12/22/19 10:36 AM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
National guardsmen will do what they're ordered to do. Period.

[Linked Image]

Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: danny clifton] #6702295
12/22/19 10:42 AM
12/22/19 10:42 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by danny clifton

There are many countries with very good military capability that belong to the UN.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: Muskrat] #6702297
12/22/19 10:43 AM
12/22/19 10:43 AM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
Originally Posted by Muskrat
National guardsmen will do what they're ordered to do. Period.

[Linked Image]

X2

Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: Marty] #6702299
12/22/19 10:44 AM
12/22/19 10:44 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana

Originally Posted by Marty
Personally

I think it's a test run to see how the nation will react.

It is obvious to me that liberal/progressive elected officials across the country conspire with one another in order to achieve their goals. Yes, their goal is disarming the American citizen so they can impose their will on the nation thru the use of force. If pelosi thought she could get away with removing the POTUS thru the use of force she would not hesitate to do so, that should be obvious to everyone. These people thought they were going to be able to complete the transformation of the country after clinton was elected and their bubble got burst. I would not eliminate any course of action that is possible for them to take no matter how drastic that course of action may be since they believe that they know what is best for everyone and they feel the most important thing is for their desires to be implemented......regardless of the suffering it may cause to the majority of American citizens.

Lol

One thing people like that always seem to not understand or are willing to underestimate. People like !e are ready to go home at a moment's notice!

Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702301
12/22/19 10:45 AM
12/22/19 10:45 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
And leave a lasting impression on our way there!

Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702309
12/22/19 10:52 AM
12/22/19 10:52 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana

True

If that's all your dealing with.

But that won't be the case! You will be dealing with civil war, loss of basic support systems, possible invasions from gangs, possible invasions from other countries.

Point is that their goal will have been reached! The break down of our union (republic).

"United we stand, divided we fall"

And who knows what will come out of the chaos!? My guess that we would fall back to an era of elite king and queen types from what we once fought so hard to escape!

Who would be these king and queen types? The ones currently burning our Constitution as we speak!

Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702331
12/22/19 11:13 AM
12/22/19 11:13 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
I don't think you can compare how a Guardsmen would react to a military protest and a violation of our second amendment rights.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702342
12/22/19 11:21 AM
12/22/19 11:21 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
UN troops that may be available are actually not a joke. The list of 'allies' include all EU nations, Great Britain, Australia and non allies would include Russia and China..

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702403
12/22/19 12:26 PM
12/22/19 12:26 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
They can arrest the gov as well.

I hope they do that as soon as he violates the Constitution with unlawful order.

Right there on the spot!!

What I would like to see happen is that once the governor of Virginia orders the unlawful and unconstitutional confiscation, the Guard legally arrests him and the other guilty parties, legally court martials them, legally sentences them to death and then legally and summarily executes them, with full media coverage. This would put at least a strong temporary halt to the assault on our rights by the left.

Keith

Re: hope this is not fake news [Re: cotton] #6702458
12/22/19 12:52 PM
12/22/19 12:52 PM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
I've asked some of the younger Blackhawk mechs who are also in the Army National Guard about this - going around kicking peoples doors in to seize their weapons, and I never get a straight answer.
There's always a long pause, because these guy's are wired to follow orders.... but at the same time I can see they are in deep thought themselves.
Then,the question becomes what happens when those orders are to go after law abiding citizens in their own country - would you do it ??

Lately I'm completely obsessed over Somalia, what happened there in 1993 during Operation Restore Hope and Gothic Serphent, which eventually brought to the world Blackhawk Down.
I'm obsessed because I worked on some of those MH-60L's which went over there, and I found a cap with a SGT insignia on the front which was left behind, which from research looks like a Ranger cap.

I'm furious because I can't find that hat, I've misplaced it - and I can't help but wonder what happened to the soldier who owned it.
I want that hat in a place of prominance in my home.

Lately, as I see things changing here in the United States, and not for the better - I can't help but wonder if we're on that same track to where we will become a third world nation - not unlike Somalia.

First thing to bring us down that road would be starvation, and don't think that won't/can't happen here.
Next thing would be an outright civil war - brought upon by starvation.

Now - what if the National Guard seized all the legal weapons - what would that mean for the law abiding citizens ??
It would not be good.

As for the U.N. Troops - the Somalia clans destroyed them in no time at all.

Is the National Guard bound to obey orders that they view as illegal ??

My father [US Army, early/mid 1960s...] tells me that you got your orders, you followed them, and that was it.
None of this questioning crap - which angers him to see happen today.

The other thing - would the National Guard go door to door - or only check on the folks with legally bought and registered weapons ??

What about air rifles - which out here for example do not get registered ?? [*don't laugh, today's modern air rifle is no joke and goes beyond .50 cal]

Either way, I see nothing good coming out of this.

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread