No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: parents [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #6715836
01/04/20 12:07 AM
01/04/20 12:07 AM
West Virginia,age 49
cathryn Offline
bvr-takr-upr
cathryn  Offline
bvr-takr-upr

West Virginia,age 49
I took care of my dad for several months. He was involved in a car wreck at age. 74. He had a brain bleed and he never came back to himself. Everyone else talked a good game but they didnt help out. My sis lived 5 houses down amd i drove 18 miles one way everyday..there at 7 left at 6.

I was his medical surrogate.

It was hard but I cherish the time i had with him.

I was with him the last 36 hrs of his life. He ended up on life support. I know he heard me.

It was the hardest thing ive ever done. To hold my dads hand as he passed away.

Im setting here crying. Ive never truly greived for him. Its just too hard to really believe he's gone.
I still think of him everyday.it never fails that there's something id love to tell him.

My mom and I arent close so when he died i lost my connection to my family. Really the only one I had.

Im sorry for venting.

Its hard to take but most people either dont help at all or Peter out pretty fast. I have 2 brothers and 1.sister and they were no help . everyone was there when he was in the hosp. But no where to be found when he really needed help.

He did not want to end up in a nursing home and always told me he knew id be the one to take care of him if he ever got sick where he was unable to care for himself. He was right.

He never went long-term in A nursing home

I made the decision to disconnect my dad from life support. I wanted him to stay but he always old me he did not wanna be on life support with everyone staring at him.

Telling them to shut it off his machine and letting him go changed me.

Even though I know he was already gone by the time he was disconnected there is still that part of me that feels like he died because of my decision.

No one I know really understands what it feels lile to make that call. It was September 30th 2018 at 1:34 pm

Even though its hard overlook the idiots and enjoy the time you have left with your mom. I know sometimes it feels line a burden but believe me one day you will be glad for every minutet you had with her. No matter what the circumstance.

I promise you that.

If she bas any money they'll be around after she passes. Guaranteed. Be prepared.

IF IDIOTS GREW ON TREES THIS PLACE WOULD BE AN ORCHARD !

Re: parents [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #6716126
01/04/20 09:38 AM
01/04/20 09:38 AM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline OP
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline OP
trapper
T

Michigan
Cathryn I under stand your pain , dad passed oct 2007 , I still talk to him when I do something dumb :D, mom had a little better day yesterday , she was awake for a few hour an had some visitor's

Re: parents [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #6716180
01/04/20 10:48 AM
01/04/20 10:48 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Tell her I said hi Cuz I always loved her no drama approach when she was around.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: parents [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #6716325
01/04/20 12:50 PM
01/04/20 12:50 PM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline OP
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline OP
trapper
T

Michigan
lol jerry all the cousin that are coming say the same thing , no drama ,just a sweet lady [aunt ] her brother Louie said same thing yesterday , he call

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread