A couple of years ago I was asked to see if could set some traps to get rid of coyotes and coon. The farmer took to the area and it was a picked corn field. There was a small creek about 10 yards from the one end. We walked along the end of the field and there was a well used trail cutting across it. I asked him when he was going to plow and didn't know. I told him that if he plowed over one of my traps it would crush it, and probably puncture his tire. He didn't like the idea of that happening and ask me if I could mark them some how.

So I got some saplings about 10 to 15 feet long, wrapped a bunch red flagging tape just below the top of the saplings. I did that about a week before I set my traps. I set the trap and then about 10ft on either side of the trap. I set one of my markers. I had 3 sets in the area and caught a couple of yotes, 3 coon and one red fox.

I noticed after the first few days there was scratching in the soil around one of the marking stakes, like something was using it for urine pole. SO after I had caught the 2 yotes I turned one of the stake into a urine post set... that is where I caught the read fox.

When the farmer plowed he just cut the wheel on tractor and missed my traps. When I pulled traps, I thanked him. He it wasn't anything and there only a 3 foot strip in those areas and they would cleaned up when ran the disc.

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…