No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Virginia just got burned. Gun control. [Re: Rats!] #6845384
04/17/20 06:09 AM
04/17/20 06:09 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Rats!
As my grandmother used to say: "For Goodness Sakes".
Why are you even wasting your time on obscure gun issues when the entire world is in peril?
Fifty guns and thousands of rounds will not protect you from a virus.

So I guess we should all be cowering in fear and nothing else matters. Makes perfect sense.

Re: Virginia just got burned. Gun control. [Re: Scuba1] #6845392
04/17/20 06:31 AM
04/17/20 06:31 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Scuba1
The thing that bugs me about these so called representatives is that now this thing is going to get dragged through the courts again and then they get told that it is against the 2A and will and void etc. A bunch of lawyers are going to make good money on this crap but guess who is paying for this whole show. Yeppers its us again. Then there are zero repercussions for the idiot that tried to push these unlawful laws through. Nothing about breaking the oath of office or anything along those lines and he will have another go or someone else will until something sticks. If they arrested the bugger for breaking his oath of office and actually prosecuted him , this nonsense would stop in pretty short order.

Yup

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Virginia just got burned. Gun control. [Re: Teacher] #6845400
04/17/20 06:45 AM
04/17/20 06:45 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Teacher
I don’t see where restricting a person to one gun purchase a month infringes on the 2nd ammendment. Nor do I see the need for Universal background checks or red flag laws infringing on my 2nd amendment rights either.

Doesn't MN have a red flag law? If I manage to find out your name and address and decide to "red flag" you to your local LE you'll be cool with it?

Remember... It doesn't matter if I lie through my teeth. You have to prove you aren't a threat to get your guns back.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Virginia just got burned. Gun control. [Re: Rats!] #6845440
04/17/20 07:50 AM
04/17/20 07:50 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by Rats!
As my grandmother used to say: "For Goodness Sakes".
Why are you even wasting your time on obscure gun issues when the entire world is in peril?
Fifty guns and thousands of rounds will not protect you from a virus.

No, but they’ll work pretty good on the person coming by to give it to you.

-Goofy-
Re: Virginia just got burned. Gun control. [Re: Mike in A-town] #6845451
04/17/20 08:05 AM
04/17/20 08:05 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Originally Posted by Teacher
I don’t see where restricting a person to one gun purchase a month infringes on the 2nd ammendment. Nor do I see the need for Universal background checks or red flag laws infringing on my 2nd amendment rights either.

Doesn't MN have a red flag law? If I manage to find out your name and address and decide to "red flag" you to your local LE you'll be cool with it?

Remember... It doesn't matter if I lie through my teeth. You have to prove you aren't a threat to get your guns back.

Mike

Great point, Mike. Bet you don't get an answer.

Re: Virginia just got burned. Gun control. [Re: The Possum Man] #6845602
04/17/20 10:04 AM
04/17/20 10:04 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by The Possum Man
Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Apparently my question offended or upset some people. I was/am curious, how often one would buy more than one gun a month, some of you gave me some scenarios I did not think about. I am a supporter of the 2nd amendment.

I have bought 2 this month. WHY? because i wanted to. The question should end there

We have an old fella who comes to our firearm classes mainly to show off his guns. He has everything from a Thompson Sub Machine gun, a caseless .22, air force survival folding gun, etc. The kids love it when he comes to every class with a different part of his huge collection. With many of his firearms, he'll say, "I saw this gun and decided I needed it. So, I bought it."
He tells the kids he's more of a collector and has never and probably may never shoot about 90% of his guns. One day he bought 7 guns.

Most in this country have things people in other countries only dream about. Yet, they want America to be more like those other countries.
Re: Virginia just got burned. Gun control. [Re: danny clifton] #6845604
04/17/20 10:06 AM
04/17/20 10:06 AM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
Originally Posted by danny clifton
You folks have flat out PROVED you are not willing to stand when it matters. Don't act surprised that there are people willing to assume more control over your life when YOU ALLOW THEM TO DO IT

Originally Posted by danny clifton
People went to a pro gun rally in VA just a few months ago. Armed. But allowed the governor to erect a no gun zone inside a fence. Why wasn't the fence tore down and armed people standing inside of it???????????????????????????????????????????????

Dont whine about loss of freedom unless your willing to defend it

Mr. Clifton- this is a serious question and I don't mean to offend.
The two posts above (and most of your other posts that I have seen, which I mostly agree with) talk about people allowing the government to take control. My question is, what have YOU done to stand up to the government? Did you go to the pro gun rally? Did you go inside the "gun free zone fence"? And if not, why?

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Re: Virginia just got burned. Gun control. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6845619
04/17/20 10:19 AM
04/17/20 10:19 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
No I did not go. The organizers were telling people not to "break the law" and enter the gun free zone armed. I could think of no reason to attend. Get arrested. Be unsupported by Virginia's gun owners.

Personally I simply refuse to obey illegal legislation. I have been carrying a firearm, concealed, without asking anybody's permission, all over the lower 48 since the early 80's. I will be the first to admit it has been a lot of luck I have never been arrested for it. I just wish more people would refuse to comply. If arrested have a jury trial, refuse a plea bargain, hope you get another believer of individual liberty on the jury.

These laws of infringement on OUR rights will continue to exist so long as we tolerate them.

FWIW I have completely ignored the proclamations that are supposed to give government authority to infringe on OUR first amendment rights also.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Virginia just got burned. Gun control. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6845635
04/17/20 10:30 AM
04/17/20 10:30 AM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
Thank you for your (civil) response.
Maybe your reasons are the same as many other people's reasons (getting arrested with no support).
I for one, am disgusted and sick of the government's over reach. I am to the point of standing up, raising arms and holding my ground. The problem is, without others (and it would take MANY others) I would make my stand, I would be killed, my family would be left without me and it would be washed under the rug without making a difference to the cause. I do however believe that, if things dont change, it will come to that point for many people and there will be another civil war.

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Re: Virginia just got burned. Gun control. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6845644
04/17/20 10:38 AM
04/17/20 10:38 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I dont think there would have been any killing for occupying that "gun free " zone. Arrests almost certainly. Would have been a LOT of jury trials. Enough I think the protesters would have likely just been released If 3-400 would have entered armed. It did not happen. So what reason do legislators have to think think that more infringement will not be tolerated?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Virginia just got burned. Gun control. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6845674
04/17/20 11:04 AM
04/17/20 11:04 AM
Metropolis Il.
S
story Offline
trapper
story  Offline
trapper
S

Metropolis Il.
Used to go to the big gun show in Tuslia, Ok. every year. About a 10 hr drive and always brought home several, several guns. So yes, I believe that most people who really like guns buy more than one a month.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread