No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Opinion chain saw [Re: TINEMASTER] #6852446
04/23/20 02:07 PM
04/23/20 02:07 PM
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Pa
Have 2 10-10s I need to find someone to go through them or probably myself.
Gave an old friend my 2 610s cause he helped me and he runs one already. He was thrilled.
I'm not prejudice, only to thieves. Have several brands, lately I'm picky though, too many different distracts too much.

The big macs remind me of a tractor torque curve.

Brand loyalty messes folks up. Just because the Chevy pick up did 15 years of work don't mean the Chevy Vega will.

Let us know OP, like Scoob said, it's like new gun fever, and please share the sickness lol.

Re: Opinion chain saw [Re: TINEMASTER] #6852518
04/23/20 03:21 PM
04/23/20 03:21 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I am running jonsereds because I have a good j-red dealer , I was driving past the Stihl dealer 3/4 of a mile to get to the Jred dealer 1 1/2 miles awasy because it got to be a waste of time to stop at the stihl dealer first to find out they didn't have anything but 6-8 new saws sitting on the shelf and no parts and service was always a weeks wait.

the Jred dealer was more help with my Stihl the few times I did need help than the stihl dealer was Stihl should know their hardware store dealerships costs them customers after the first purchase.

just like guns I try not to buy "great deals" one unsupported hardware but shop parts and accessories first , saws with no following will have no parts later , saws with a cult like following 372xp as an example will have parts oem and aftermarket for decades.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 04/23/20 03:22 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Opinion chain saw [Re: TINEMASTER] #6853886
04/24/20 05:31 PM
04/24/20 05:31 PM
Henry Co, IL
3togo Offline
trapper
3togo  Offline
trapper

Henry Co, IL
A good set of chaps is cheap investment to protect and keep your legs.
baileysonline.com
They have a sale going on now. Sale ends June 9th.
The green Kevlar chaps are noticeably cooler than full polyester lined chaps.
And if you need to kneel down to cut a tree off short you'll have some knee protection. Buy a pair long enough to reach past the top of your boot.

FYI, Jonsereds look like Husky saws because back in the '90's when Eureka owned both they shared the same R&D facility.
In many models they shared the same motor, but not all.

Re: Opinion chain saw [Re: TINEMASTER] #6854116
04/24/20 09:50 PM
04/24/20 09:50 PM
NORTHERN NJ
TINEMASTER Offline OP
trapper
TINEMASTER  Offline OP
trapper

NORTHERN NJ
Well fellas I pulled the trigger wound up getting a ms311 stihl with 20 inch bar and they gave me the 25 inch bar and chain
Hadn’t been in this store in years my buddy told me go there between the service knowledge and the pricing I wound up buying
I appreciate everyone’s input I gott a lot of good info and feedback from you guys
Thanks again
Tine

TINEMASTER
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread