No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862710
05/03/20 11:28 PM
05/03/20 11:28 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
the concept with the mask is that Covid 19 is spread by close proximity air carried saliva

really more of a contagious person spits on people and then they get infected when they breath it in or get it to mouth, nose maybe eyes.

the mask places a barrier to saliva particles

the mask does only little to protect those not infected

it does more to keep those infected from spitting on people

if both wear masks it is better yet

since no one knows they have it till days after they contagious , everyone wearing a mask if they will be close to other people outside their household gives the greatest level of protection from spread.

face it , even though Walmart has one way isles a lot of people don't get it and walk the wrong direction and you frequently even when trying to keep distance end up closer than you would like to people.

they have found that when using lasers and high speed cameras people talking loudly project saliva particles around 4 feet and that the micro particles hang suspended in stagnant air for 20 minutes

6 feet was an attempt to reduce saliva transmission

good air flow also helps

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 05/03/20 11:31 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862716
05/03/20 11:41 PM
05/03/20 11:41 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
I don't wear a mask and I don't look down upon those who do. If it were mandated, I'd wear one albeit it a little begrudgingly. i"d buy ones with trump 2020 on them.

Outside of school functions and trapper get togethers I've been perfecting social distancing most of my adult life.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862743
05/04/20 12:40 AM
05/04/20 12:40 AM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
Yesterday I saw a woman wearing a mask with a hole cut out for her mouth.

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862751
05/04/20 01:07 AM
05/04/20 01:07 AM
MT
S
Slick Pan Offline
trapper
Slick Pan  Offline
trapper
S

MT
If the government wants people to wear masks they should supply the public with safe N95 masks.I remember them telling everyone no need for masks.Don't buy the N95 masks we need them for heath care workers.Well no need for masks if the government would have done their job and stopped this virus before it happened.They could have done that and failed the american people.Now we have tens of thousands dying,millions out of work,thousands in isolation,people that will starve and all they are worried about yet is money.That's the reason they never shut the country down in the beginning was money.Maybe when and if they mail a 1200 dollar check they should put a note in there saying."Sorry we killed your Grampa but here's 1200 dollars that is what you are worth."

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862753
05/04/20 01:15 AM
05/04/20 01:15 AM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
[Linked Image]

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: ~ADC~] #6862755
05/04/20 01:29 AM
05/04/20 01:29 AM
MT
S
Slick Pan Offline
trapper
Slick Pan  Offline
trapper
S

MT
So if the guy does not pee in the first place does anyone need to worry about getting wet?

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862756
05/04/20 01:32 AM
05/04/20 01:32 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear does it make noise?

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862757
05/04/20 01:35 AM
05/04/20 01:35 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Don't worry Loosegoose, if you wear a mask God will still know who you are!

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862817
05/04/20 07:57 AM
05/04/20 07:57 AM
Iowa
B
beeman Offline
trapper
beeman  Offline
trapper
B

Iowa
Moosetrot,

You are right in that you and your wife are not alone in this situation. My wife 68 and me 70 are in your group. Since returning from AZ the 18th of March we have been practicing stay at home practices and have only went out a few times. When we have gone out we wear masks and gloves. We do our best to try and keep from getting Covid19 . Anybody getting this disease in our age group is going to have a tough time recovering if they do recover.

What possibly can be so harmful to someone that they wouldn’t wear a mask to either keep from getting or giving Covid19? I know when I see someone with a mask on I want to thank them for caring enough to do so.

The comments some say tells me that they do not care if they get or give Covid19 to themselves or someone else. I can’t believe that
they want to give their parents or “uncle Charlie” or “Aunt Bea” this disease or take it home to their family’s.

To me it’s like opening a door for an old lady. Common courtesy. You helped someone out and what did it hurt you?

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: beeman] #6862831
05/04/20 08:24 AM
05/04/20 08:24 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Online happy
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Online Happy
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by beeman

What possibly can be so harmful to someone that they wouldn’t wear a mask to either keep from getting or giving Covid19?

Standing in check out line in Lowe’s Saturday with a N95 on I about launched into an asthma attack. I haven’t had one since I was 18. I had to leave my stuff and go outside and catch up on some air. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: Moosetrot] #6862835
05/04/20 08:27 AM
05/04/20 08:27 AM
Nw Pa.
O
Outbackbob48 Offline
trapper
Outbackbob48  Offline
trapper
O

Nw Pa.
Sheeple

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: Slick Pan] #6862838
05/04/20 08:29 AM
05/04/20 08:29 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by Slick Pan
If the government wants people to wear masks they should supply the public with safe N95 masks.I remember them telling everyone no need for masks.Don't buy the N95 masks we need them for heath care workers.Well no need for masks if the government would have done their job and stopped this virus before it happened.They could have done that and failed the american people.Now we have tens of thousands dying,millions out of work,thousands in isolation,people that will starve and all they are worried about yet is money.That's the reason they never shut the country down in the beginning was money.Maybe when and if they mail a 1200 dollar check they should put a note in there saying."Sorry we killed your Grampa but here's 1200 dollars that is what you are worth."

Who is this "they" you speak of? They can only supply masks or checks using our money. And they don't have any magic to stop a virus before it happens. Sure, "they" could have involked marshal law, mandatory quarintine for everyone everywhere to try to stop this thing, but only if we let them, because they are us.

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862842
05/04/20 08:35 AM
05/04/20 08:35 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
My point is that the masks, along with the 6 foot rule, are a placebo at best, and are getting more people sick at worst. For those who are immunocompromised, think of it like this.....

Would you stand 6 feet away from someone that you knew for an absolute fact had covid19? Of course not. If not, why do you trust the 6 foot rule with people who you don't know if they are infected or not?

Would you stand 6 feet away from someone wearing a mask with a huge gap around the nose, knowing they were spewing coronavirus particles through that gap? If not, why would you stand 6 feet from someone with a loose fitting mask if you don't know whether or not they're infected?

I think these masks provide a false sense of security, and if you're immunocompromised, they provide you little to no protection, yet allow you to o put yourself in harm's way because you think you're safer wearing them.

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862844
05/04/20 08:41 AM
05/04/20 08:41 AM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Wear is aa a courtesy to others, especially to those tired doctors and nurse who are trying to save lives.

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862851
05/04/20 08:58 AM
05/04/20 08:58 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Have any of you ever had a face mask on while turkey hunting on a cold morning? Ever seen your breath through it? It cuts down some I am sure but to say it protects you is not a true statement. Like Jaymie's little example if we all have masks on it cuts down on it. The mad scientist Faucci told us masks were no good so they could stockpile them. After they had the strategic stockpile full all of a sudden the masks work for the common folks again.

Yes the surgeon uses it to protect the patient but in this case it was to protect the health care provider. Of course they knew this all along. They did not want people buying them like toilet paper before they had what they thought they needed. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862852
05/04/20 09:00 AM
05/04/20 09:00 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by loosegoose
My point is that the masks, along with the 6 foot rule, are a placebo at best, and are getting more people sick at worst. For those who are immunocompromised, think of it like this.....

Would you stand 6 feet away from someone that you knew for an absolute fact had covid19? Of course not. If not, why do you trust the 6 foot rule with people who you don't know if they are infected or not?

Would you stand 6 feet away from someone wearing a mask with a huge gap around the nose, knowing they were spewing coronavirus particles through that gap? If not, why would you stand 6 feet from someone with a loose fitting mask if you don't know whether or not they're infected?

I think these masks provide a false sense of security, and if you're immunocompromised, they provide you little to no protection, yet allow you to o put yourself in harm's way because you think you're safer wearing them.

If you are one who is compromised you better stay home. Your state is joining us today by opening up all types of business. This is here for a while. Society is not waiting for a virus that has a death rate of .05% at best. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862854
05/04/20 09:02 AM
05/04/20 09:02 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
No it helps to prevent YOU from giving it to someone else if you are infected. IT WILL NOT PREVENT you from getting any illness. Look at it this way . Does the surgeon wear a mask while operating on you because he is afraid to catch something from you? No he is preventing himself from omitting any germs into your open body......

But that's the thing.....if I have covid19, and I'm wearing a mask with gaps on the sides of my nose so big I can stick 2 fingers in them, is that really going to stop microscopic particles from getting out and floating though the air? I can't see how it would possibly stop anything. What good does a.mask that isn't sealed to your face and have a filtration level such that a virus can't get though possibly do?

See that kind of thinking is why this crap is happening . IF YOU HAVE IT STAY HOME !!!!!!!!!
But if you have a cloth mask it will catch the particles if you sneeze or cough . That is how the germs are projected. But if you are OUTSIDE unless you kiss , lick , spit ,or sneeze directly onto someones face the UV light renders the virus ineffective in around 1-2 minutes..

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: LLtrapper] #6862856
05/04/20 09:07 AM
05/04/20 09:07 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by LLtrapper
Have any of you ever had a face mask on while turkey hunting on a cold morning? Ever seen your breath through it? It cuts down some I am sure but to say it protects you is not a true statement. Like Jaymie's little example if we all have masks on it cuts down on it. The mad scientist Faucci told us masks were no good so they could stockpile them. After they had the strategic stockpile full all of a sudden the masks work for the common folks again.

Yes the surgeon uses it to protect the patient but in this case it was to protect the health care provider. Of course they knew this all along. They did not want people buying them like toilet paper before they had what they thought they needed. LLL

LL the head net you wear turkey hunting is designed so you can see thru them. Not the type of mask they are talking about. I have worn tons of different mask in the tree stand and turkey woods. plus on the lake on cold mornings. THe cloth ones NOT netting material and I NEVER see my breath unless I pull it down.

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: Slick Pan] #6862857
05/04/20 09:10 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by Slick Pan
So if the guy does not pee in the first place does anyone need to worry about getting wet?

Exactly . If you aren't sick it's ok to go out !!!

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: jbyrd63] #6862858
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
[quote=jbyrd63]No it helps to prevent YOU from giving it to someone else if you are infected. IT WILL NOT PREVENT you from getting any illness. Look at it this way . Does the surgeon wear a mask while operating on you because he is afraid to catch something from you? No he is preventing himself from omitting any germs into your open body......

See that kind of thinking is why this crap is happening . IF YOU HAVE IT STAY HOME !!!!!!!!!
But if you have a cloth mask it will catch the particles if you sneeze or cough . That is how the germs are projected. But if you are OUTSIDE unless you kiss , lick , spit ,or sneeze directly onto someones face the UV light renders the virus ineffective in around 1-2 minutes..

Source? 1-2 minutes? I have not read that. I have read that six foot is not enough and after watching my breathe through a pretty thick face mask the other morning it traveled for at least three or four feet. LLL

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread