No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: jbyrd63] #6862860
05/04/20 09:12 AM
05/04/20 09:12 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by LLtrapper
Have any of you ever had a face mask on while turkey hunting on a cold morning? Ever seen your breath through it? It cuts down some I am sure but to say it protects you is not a true statement. Like Jaymie's little example if we all have masks on it cuts down on it. The mad scientist Faucci told us masks were no good so they could stockpile them. After they had the strategic stockpile full all of a sudden the masks work for the common folks again.

Yes the surgeon uses it to protect the patient but in this case it was to protect the health care provider. Of course they knew this all along. They did not want people buying them like toilet paper before they had what they thought they needed. LLL

LL the head net you wear turkey hunting is designed so you can see thru them. Not the type of mask they are talking about. I have worn tons of different mask in the tree stand and turkey woods. plus on the lake on cold mornings. THe cloth ones NOT netting material and I NEVER see my breath unless I pull it down.

It must not get cold enough there then. Mine is a thick almost spandex type. I could see my breathe easily at four feet. You cannot see through this mask either. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862862
05/04/20 09:15 AM
05/04/20 09:15 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Fact is people spit when they talk some more then others, some idiots don’t know what 6 feet looks like go Walmart and witness that. Some people are way more at risk then others that it could become life and death easily.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: jbyrd63] #6862865
05/04/20 09:19 AM
05/04/20 09:19 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by Slick Pan
So if the guy does not pee in the first place does anyone need to worry about getting wet?

Exactly . If you aren't sick it's ok to go out !!!

You probably don't need to worry about a guy over 65 peeing on you, in fact he probably needs one of those crutch boot savers that has the folding board to take the dribble away from your shoes.

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: Law Dog] #6862867
05/04/20 09:23 AM
05/04/20 09:23 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Fact is people spit when they talk some more then others, some idiots don’t know what 6 feet looks like go Walmart and witness that. Some people are way more at risk then others that it could become life and death easily.

I have actually witnessed a preacher that would spit to at least the 3rd row of pews.

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: beeman] #6862870
05/04/20 09:29 AM
05/04/20 09:29 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Online content

trapper
330-Trapper  Online Content

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by beeman
Moosetrot,

You are right in that you and your wife are not alone in this situation. My wife 68 and me 70 are in your group. Since returning from AZ the 18th of March we have been practicing stay at home practices and have only went out a few times. When we have gone out we wear masks and gloves. We do our best to try and keep from getting Covid19 . Anybody getting this disease in our age group is going to have a tough time recovering if they do recover.

What possibly can be so harmful to someone that they wouldn’t wear a mask to either keep from getting or giving Covid19? I know when I see someone with a mask on I want to thank them for caring enough to do so.

The comments some say tells me that they do not care if they get or give Covid19 to themselves or someone else. I can’t believe that
they want to give their parents or “uncle Charlie” or “Aunt Bea” this disease or take it home to their family’s.

To me it’s like opening a door for an old lady. Common courtesy. You helped someone out and what did it hurt you?

This

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862872
05/04/20 09:30 AM
05/04/20 09:30 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
All these masks can only delay the inevitable. The Virus is out there, and eventually it will find YOU. It's just a question of when.

It's coming for you. Are you ready?

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862882
05/04/20 09:40 AM
05/04/20 09:40 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
I wrong it is 1 1/2 minutes in direct sunlight. It only lives an hour out of the sunlight .... Don't believe all this crap about 24 -48 hours on hard surface. I know you may be tired of hearing this but bacteria and germ killing was my job for over 20 years. Sewer plant operator. Most of this crap the media is spewing is to scare people about the transfer. The numbers are high where people were breathing each other, staying cooped up inside, Traveling under ground. OR just plain nasty !!! THe death tolls are high in elderly, sick weak and FAT people.
My source is google and 2 decades handeling , breathing,and being knee deep in every kind of virus/ germ you can imagine...
This is from an article on google..

Just before President Trump's comments about UV light on Thursday, William Bryan, a science and technology advisor at the Department of Homeland Security, presented some results from a study they have conducted into whether sunlight can kill the pathogen.

They found that when the virus was suspended in the air, its half-life – the amount of time it takes to deactivate half the particles in a particular sample – in “ordinary conditions” (20% humidity and a temperature of 70-75F (21.1-23.9C)) was around an hour. When they added sunlight into the equation, that shrank to just one and a half minutes

Last edited by jbyrd63; 05/04/20 10:11 AM.
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862887
05/04/20 09:50 AM
05/04/20 09:50 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
I think it would be interesting to survey people that has the virus and see if they were following the rules, wear a mask when around people, wash hands
do not touch your face, stay 6 feet apart, stay at home.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: Foxpaw] #6862892
05/04/20 09:56 AM
05/04/20 09:56 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Originally Posted by Law Dog

I have actually witnessed a preacher that would spit to at least the 3rd row of pews.

Yep you have control of what you do but zero control over others actions.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: jbyrd63] #6862899
05/04/20 10:00 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
I wrong it is 1 1/2 minutes in direct sunlight. It only lives an hour out of the sunlight .... Don't believe all this crap about 24 -48 hours on hard surface. I know you may be tired of hearing this but bacteria and germ killing was my job for over 20 years. Sewer plant operator. Most of this crap the media is spewing is to scare people about the transfer. The numbers are high where people were breathing each other, staying cooped up inside, Traveling under ground. OR just plain nasty !!! THe death tolls are high in elderly, sick weak and FAT people.
My source is google and 2 decades handeling , breathing,and being knee deep in every kind of virus/ germ you can imagine...

Just before President Trump's comments about UV light on Thursday, William Bryan, a science and technology advisor at the Department of Homeland Security, presented some results from a study they have conducted into whether sunlight can kill the pathogen.

They found that when the virus was suspended in the air, its half-life – the amount of time it takes to deactivate half the particles in a particular sample – in “ordinary conditions” (20% humidity and a temperature of 70-75F (21.1-23.9C)) was around an hour. When they added sunlight into the equation, that shrank to just one and a half minutes

I agree with everything except the term "kill" the virus. It is not a living organism and cannot be killed. It is destroyed by removing the fat layer that protects it. Sunlight and heat deactivate it. If it is not in direct sunlight, no one seems to know how long it is active. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862900
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
Boy I hate to agree with an SEC fan, but I gotta go with the bird dude with the nice lawn from KY.

Are masks going to stop everything?? NO. But it does reduce the amount significantly. N95 masks really need to fitted to your face to be 100% effective.

Hobbie a lot of places will allow you to at least keep the mask pulled down a little or expose your mouth if you have an underlying asthmatic condition. They'll ask you to keep it on your face so you can pull it down quickly in case you have to cough.

Honestly you should be coughing or sneezing into your elbow or coat even without the COVID running around. I don't understand why people are suddenly obsessed with basic hygiene. Makes ya really think about those nasty people you shake hands with.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862909
05/04/20 10:12 AM
05/04/20 10:12 AM
Davenport, Iowa
K
kevtrap Offline
trapper
kevtrap  Offline
trapper
K

Davenport, Iowa
Even with just the cloth masks, if two people are close together, one healthy and one with covid. If the healthy person is wearing a mask they have a 70% chance of catching the virus. If the infected person is wearing a mask the healthy person has a 30% chance of catching it. If both persons are wearing a mask the chance of being infected drops down to 1 1/2 % for the healthy person contracting it.

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: LLtrapper] #6862913
05/04/20 10:15 AM
05/04/20 10:15 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky

I agree with everything except the term "kill" the virus. It is not a living organism and cannot be killed. It is destroyed by removing the fat layer that protects it. Sunlight and heat deactivate it. If it is not in direct sunlight, no one seems to know how long it is active. LLL

LOL Yea I had a wrong choice of words. It renders the germ inactive so it can't reproduce !!! But if ANY species can't reproduce it is technically "DEAD"

Thanks for proving me wrong LOL !!! BUt oh wait I wasn't

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: Slick Pan] #6862917
05/04/20 10:20 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by Slick Pan
If the government wants people to wear masks they should supply the public with safe N95 masks.I remember them telling everyone no need for masks.Don't buy the N95 masks we need them for heath care workers.Well no need for masks if the government would have done their job and stopped this virus before it happened.They could have done that and failed the american people.Now we have tens of thousands dying,millions out of work,thousands in isolation,people that will starve and all they are worried about yet is money.That's the reason they never shut the country down in the beginning was money.Maybe when and if they mail a 1200 dollar check they should put a note in there saying."Sorry we killed your Grampa but here's 1200 dollars that is what you are worth."

" if the government would have done their job and stopped this virus before it happened" Is this a joke?
On today's earth any major city with international travel will unwittingly or otherwise spread any easily communicable virus long before anyone knows it's coming. Better get used to that. This virus like others is now shown to be here well before current documentation and could have come from any number of countries who experienced it before we did regardless. That's the new connected world we live in.
I have a question, if I get this virus and my body handles it well as in it hardly affects me, are the germs I may spread afterwords a less potent version of the virus and is this the core thought behind " herd immunity"?

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862918
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Actually it cannot reproduce without a living mammal cell so yea you were wrong. LLL

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862921
05/04/20 10:21 AM
05/04/20 10:21 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Don't know Really LLL ? Or won't tell ? You think this bug hasn't been test 10 ways from Sunday?? They know how long it lives on, under, near, or on top of everything humans come into contact with . They know what kills it. How to kill it. The issue is how to STOP it from spreading.. How to kill it once it is INSIDE the human body .....

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862925
05/04/20 10:24 AM
05/04/20 10:24 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Osky you would be a "blocker" at that point and cannot theoretically transfer or shed the virus. LLL

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: jbyrd63] #6862929
05/04/20 10:25 AM
05/04/20 10:25 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Don't know Really LLL ? Or won't tell ? You think this bug hasn't been test 10 ways from Sunday?? They know how long it lives on, under, near, or on top of everything humans come into contact with . They know what kills it. How to kill it. The issue is how to STOP it from spreading.. How to kill it once it is INSIDE the human body .....

It is not alive. You did it again. lol, LLL

Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: LLtrapper] #6862930
05/04/20 10:26 AM
05/04/20 10:26 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Actually it cannot reproduce without a living mammal cell so yea you were wrong. LLL

LLL what type of degree you got in bacteria / virus/ germ life span. Living mammal cell. WT Heck are you talking about. NO ONE or at least me never mentioned anything about a host for the bug. I was just passing on info about how long the virus can survive "OUTSIDE a host AND outside in the sunlight.

GEEZZ stop being such a douche bag

Last edited by jbyrd63; 05/04/20 10:36 AM.
Re: Help me understand this mask thing [Re: loosegoose] #6862933
05/04/20 10:31 AM
05/04/20 10:31 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Here you go jbyrd63. All these years you thought you were standing in live viruses up to your knees. Here is what you were in. LLL

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=229387

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread