No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Your thoughts [Re: rex123] #6868883
05/10/20 08:04 PM
05/10/20 08:04 PM
NW MO
T
TurkeyTime Offline
trapper
TurkeyTime  Offline
trapper
T

NW MO
Negatory.

Re: Your thoughts [Re: wissmiss] #6868896
05/10/20 08:23 PM
05/10/20 08:23 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by wissmiss
Disagree. Separation of church and state.

X2.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Your thoughts [Re: Michigan Trappin] #6868903
05/10/20 08:26 PM
05/10/20 08:26 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by Michigan Trappin
Disagree. The govt will want something in return. And the congregation should still be supporting their church

Agree.

Re: Your thoughts [Re: rex123] #6868917
05/10/20 08:39 PM
05/10/20 08:39 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Online content
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Online Content
trapper

Kentucky
Well the Mormon faith T-Man members love to bash the most on this site, (or is it the hillbillies?)....I guess if your a Mormon hillbilly you really have it coming, Lol

Anyway, Mormon Bishop's don't get paid, in fact NO ONE in a Mormon church gets paid, except the janitor.

And the Mormons ain't asking for squat, and have their own food stores for the next 100 yrs, and can basically give the middle finger to the government....I just have to admire that.

grin

Member - FTA
Re: Your thoughts [Re: rex123] #6868929
05/10/20 08:49 PM
05/10/20 08:49 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
i agree or disagree read to many non-relevant threads, parishoners can still donate by mail

olden tyred
Re: Your thoughts [Re: ky_coyote_hunter] #6868938
05/10/20 09:03 PM
05/10/20 09:03 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Well the Mormon faith T-Man members love to bash the most on this site, (or is it the hillbillies?)....I guess if your a Mormon hillbilly you really have it coming, Lol

Anyway, Mormon Bishop's don't get paid, in fact NO ONE in a Mormon church gets paid, except the janitor.

And the Mormons ain't asking for squat, and have their own food stores for the next 100 yrs, and can basically give the middle finger to the government....I just have to admire that.

grin

I know a Mormon dentist that gave the middle finger to the Govt. over income taxes...............ain't working out real well for him.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Your thoughts [Re: Gary Benson] #6868941
05/10/20 09:06 PM
05/10/20 09:06 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Online content
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Online Content
trapper

Kentucky
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter

grin

I know a Mormon dentist that gave the middle finger to the Govt. over income taxes...............ain't working out real well for him.

Lol, I would think not.

Member - FTA
Re: Your thoughts [Re: rex123] #6869008
05/10/20 10:14 PM
05/10/20 10:14 PM
Michigan
D
Duckie1 Offline
trapper
Duckie1  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
Not a real churchy person, but I can see why they would say that. Hard to use the separation of church and state argument when it is the state saying people can't go to church. (to the point of breaking up church meetings with law enforcement)
If we use the reasoning that people can still send money to churches then shouldn't that also be applied to businesses as well, both of them have bills and employees to pay.
Fun to play Devil's Advocate.

Re: Your thoughts [Re: rex123] #6869017
05/10/20 10:26 PM
05/10/20 10:26 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
I disagree, but have found it funny that the separation of church and state seems to just go one way!! 10 commandments in the capital building Absolutely Not! We can’t have religion influencing government! You can’t go to church because of the virus says the State. Don’t ask questions sit down and shut up! Funny how that works

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Your thoughts [Re: rex123] #6869032
05/10/20 10:45 PM
05/10/20 10:45 PM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
Disagree. Our church has been doing online services for two months now but i still take the tithes down on Sunday and give it to one of our deacons, even though they have never ask anyone too. I've been at the same church for 35 years and never heard anyone ask for members to give more or condone people for not giving enough. But seems we've always had what we needed

Re: Your thoughts [Re: Duckie1] #6869047
05/10/20 11:11 PM
05/10/20 11:11 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Originally Posted by Duckie1
Not a real churchy person, but I can see why they would say that. Hard to use the separation of church and state argument when it is the state saying people can't go to church. (to the point of breaking up church meetings with law enforcement)
If we use the reasoning that people can still send money to churches then shouldn't that also be applied to businesses as well, both of them have bills and employees to pay.
Fun to play Devil's Advocate.

They are tax exempt and thus pay nothing into the pot. And if ya don't pot anything into the pot, don't turn up with a spoon at dinner time.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Your thoughts [Re: rex123] #6869115
05/11/20 06:13 AM
05/11/20 06:13 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Perhaps the Govt should be fined for stomping on or withholding ones right.

Re: Your thoughts [Re: rex123] #6869215
05/11/20 08:44 AM
05/11/20 08:44 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
Nope, that would be gov't supporting a religion and is unconstitutional.

I'm really tired of this idea that the federal gov't should "make everyone whole" for what was lost due to a global pandemic. Common folks, the money from any gov't, local, state, or federal, comes from the people and nowhere else. 30% of the money that cycles through the federal gov't (taken in via taxes and redistributed) is consumed in the process of collection and redistribution. We just need to leave it in the hands of the people and let them put it directly into the economy instead of funding the collectors and redistributors.

Re: Your thoughts [Re: star flakes] #6869280
05/11/20 10:21 AM
05/11/20 10:21 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by star flakes
Christ is the Church. He can not go bankrupt.

For the record, the Bible addresses this by St. Paul. He stated that when the donations brought him hard times, he worked as a tanner. For those unfamiliar with the job, the tanner placed hides in the ocean, to rot them, and they smelled rotten, because they were, and then had to be scraped, and conditioned to be turned into leather.

It was disgusting, smelly, hard labor and St. Paul did it for the Lord Christ in the Gospel. These preachers have jobs awaiting for them with their Mexicans, which Catholic Charities, Jewish Charities and Lutheran Social Services have been paid to bring in slave labor into the United States, specifically hot butchering plants. These preachers want money, let them join their Mexican sheep and bleat there with Coronavirus for a buck.

That is what King Solomon would have judged in dividing this child.

I think we may have two different schools of thought on St. Paul. I was always taught that it was forbidden for Jews to be tanners esp. men of higher learning such as Paul. When he had a shortage of funds he would turn to tent making which was a specialty of Tarsus. They made the material for tents from goats hair and was called cilicium. Since the biggest market was for tents to sell to the Roman army made from leather and particularly pig skin both would have been off limits for Paul, thus the tents were made from goat hair which was usually sold to nomads.

Since their is plenty of tanners on here maybe there is other ideas to catch us up on history and real time and thus how it actually is.

Also the tanners were often located near the sea but they never used the salty sea water to rot the hair off because the salt content would pickle the hair on. They would use fresh spring water from the hills along the ocean to slip the hair. They worked by the sea shore because of the associated breeze of the wind from the sea to carry away the terrible smell.

As far as getting money from the gov I can't imagine after all the fuss over separation of church and state, that any sane preacher would advocate getting in on the gravy train or pork barrel for any funds. Unless of course he has upcoming payments on his airplane and yacht. Possibly they need Peters lesson to bring them back down to earth.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread