No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Days of Noah [Re: star flakes] #6898761
06/13/20 07:31 PM
06/13/20 07:31 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by star flakes
This thread is fascinating, as the term "days of Noah" is from Jesus laying the framework, based upon Old Testament Prophecy, in Luke 17 and Matthew 24, which are synopsis of the Revelation of Jesus the Christ which was given to St. John for the End Times, Last Days or Jacob's Trouble.
None of this has to do with a coming flood, but as were the days of Noah, so shall the coming of the Son of Man be, meaning people will mock the predicted Judgment, people will be engaged in the same rebellion against God which is taking place now. For the science part of this, people who are so corrupt in their actions degrade as a race, so that there is no trait in them which can be redeemed. The Bible has numerous examples of this genetic corruption from pre flood, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities of the plain, Canaan. The 13 tribes of Israel had reached a state of corruption which God divorced both the North and Southern Kingdoms, and eradicated around 90% of the population.
The first real gleaning was the Exodus where the Israelites were a slave mentality people, and God only allowed Caleb and Joshua to enter the Promised Land, because they brought back the scouting report to take the land, while the others were terrified. God had every Israelite die in the wilderness for 40 years over that corrupt mentality and inferior genetics.
The historian Francis Parkman, wrote in the 1800's that a unique American race appeared, which was beyond anything Europe, Asia or Africa had produced. French children were standing barefoot in the snow with tunics on, and the did not die in Quebec. These peoples all progressed in a Protestant Christian narrative and the results can not be denied in the nation which they produced. The people which are in majority in 2020 are not the same rugged individual of 1850, in moral or genetics.
The Bible states, "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil". That is exactly what is erupting across the planet. Reason and sense has gone. It is why people who post here about the riots are frustrated and can not figure this out, because the reality is, there is a mass paid insanity taking place. Nature has like examples though which science has recorded. Canada had large wolf packs and it was observed the wolves started hunting and killing each other, until the numbers reduced. In Africa the chimpanzee were observed actually carrying sticks and hunting down and killing other chimpanzee, until the numbers reduced. What is taking place now is not logical, but there are hundreds of thousands of deranged people destroying society, burning down their own communities and looting them, because they do not want to build anything, but create a national grave. These patterns emerge and repeat, but this is appearing on a global scale and this all looks like the set up for Biblical events Prophesied in which billions will die. Coronavirus proved that one biological weapon could not be stopped and George Soros proved a few million with fellow travelers could rip the heart out of cities across the globe. The reason small events are igniting large events, is because humanity is ready to move against itself. The Bible shows the world ended the first time with water. the age will be brought to an end with fire in the last episode of humanity.

You're spot on star flakes. This thread is fascinating!

Re: Days of Noah [Re: Jarhead620] #6898924
06/13/20 11:05 PM
06/13/20 11:05 PM
Sullivan, Ohio
R
RV6 Offline
trapper
RV6  Offline
trapper
R

Sullivan, Ohio
Originally Posted by Jarhead620

I don't know if you are trying to preach the Gospel or just expressing your brand of racism.

Jarhead

He's doing both. "His brand" however isn't what you're thinking of in terms of race. He's referring to a literal tampering of the human genome described in the bible that Mr. June touched on when he mentioned son's of God (Angels) and nephilim (angel/human hybrids).

Re: Days of Noah [Re: wetdog] #6898955
06/13/20 11:44 PM
06/13/20 11:44 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Good read. I would like to add something I learned from Dennis Prager. There is a verse in the story of Noah that says “he was a righteous man in his time”. Doesn’t say he was a perfect man by any means. Most likely later generations might have looked at his life and considered him not so Godly. It’s a great verse to explain to young people especially at this time with all the turmoil and riots. Andrew Jackson, George Washington, Ect.. can’t be judged by today’s standards. Generations have to be judged by their time period not by looking backwards. Winston Churchill said some not so nice things about people of different color, but he also had a hand in saving the world from a much more evil empire. Doesn’t make him a terrible man that’s how many thought then. It also doesn’t make the way he thought right. Every generation gains knowledge and wisdom from the previous.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Days of Noah [Re: RV6] #6900585
06/15/20 09:49 PM
06/15/20 09:49 PM
Northern Virginia
J
Jarhead620 Offline
trapper
Jarhead620  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Virginia
Originally Posted by RV6

I don't know if you are trying to preach the Gospel or just expressing your brand of racism.

Jarhead

He's doing both. "His brand" however isn't what you're thinking of in terms of race. He's referring to a literal tampering of the human genome described in the bible that Mr. June touched on when he mentioned son's of God (Angels) and nephilim (angel/human hybrids).

Who are you suggesting did the tampering? Hybridizing with angels does sound interesting.

Jarhead

Last edited by Jarhead620; 06/15/20 09:56 PM.

"Just as the deer herd lives in mortal fear of its wolves, so does a mountain live in mortal fear of its deer." Aldo Leopold
Re: Days of Noah [Re: wetdog] #6900627
06/15/20 10:10 PM
06/15/20 10:10 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

^^^^^
You may have angels and demons mixed up cool

Re: Days of Noah [Re: wetdog] #6900633
06/15/20 10:14 PM
06/15/20 10:14 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
And what about the Holy Ghost?

My mother's explanation about Him was kind of vague.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Days of Noah [Re: James] #6900685
06/15/20 10:46 PM
06/15/20 10:46 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by James

Jim

James look on YouTube for Ravi Zacharias.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Days of Noah [Re: James] #6900707
06/15/20 11:06 PM
06/15/20 11:06 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Jim

Hold that thought a couple more days James.
My trap line is 75 miles per day on a Kawasaki mule, covering about 13,000 acres and I am putting the finishing touches on a major assignment for class, due tomorrow night.
Hitting the hay soon.
Wishing you a good evening.

Re: Days of Noah [Re: wetdog] #6900742
06/15/20 11:43 PM
06/15/20 11:43 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
[img]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQwfU7DvUyE&feature=emb_rel_end[/img]

I watched this a while back and thought it had some interesting explanations how it slid down the mountain in a mud slide.

Re: Days of Noah [Re: Jarhead620] #6900806
06/16/20 05:46 AM
06/16/20 05:46 AM
Sullivan, Ohio
R
RV6 Offline
trapper
RV6  Offline
trapper
R

Sullivan, Ohio

Who are you suggesting did the tampering? Hybridizing with angels does sound interesting.

Jarhead

Sons of God = Angels

Genesis
Chapter 6
1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants [nephilim] in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Last edited by RV6; 06/16/20 06:30 AM.
Re: Days of Noah [Re: RV6] #6901344
06/16/20 06:42 PM
06/16/20 06:42 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by RV6

Jarhead

Sons of God = Angels

Genesis
Chapter 6
1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants [nephilim] in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

RV6,
You cite the more commonly held view; that the sons of God are fallen Angels (demons). Early Church Fathers like Justyn Martyr and Origen held this view, though many have held a different interpretation of Gen. 6:1-4; that these sons of God refer to the heirs of Seth.

Regardless, one thing has not changed. The wages of sin is death and we are all sinners.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Days of Noah [Re: wetdog] #6901358
06/16/20 06:59 PM
06/16/20 06:59 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
^^^^Many things in the Old Testament don't make any sense at all, except in light of the Angelic View (interpretation) of Genesis 6. Jude subscribed to the Angelic View as well in Jude 1:6.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Days of Noah [Re: wetdog] #6901363
06/16/20 07:04 PM
06/16/20 07:04 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
We need to put away our long taught presuppositions and listen to what the Bible is actually saying in Genesis and read it as a whole story on the account of a family. We must always pray for God to give us the wisdom to interpret His Word with Truth.

Last edited by Chancey; 06/16/20 07:04 PM.

Re: Days of Noah [Re: Chancey] #6901375
06/16/20 07:15 PM
06/16/20 07:15 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Chancey
^^^^Many things in the Old Testament don't make any sense at all, except in light of the Angelic View (interpretation) of Genesis 6. Jude subscribed to the Angelic View as well in Jude 1:6.

Peter references it also Chancey. It's a key "see-deem what is good in their eyes -and take" passage of Scripture, helping us realize we all seek what is pleasing in our own eyes, and that our faith can't be built upon that humanistic model.

I absolutely, positively, completely, 110% agree with you that we should read the story of the Bible, not so much as we preach it in America (application heavy), but rather from from front to back, like you would any good book. Page one to the last page. Follow the Seed of the woman as the Anointed battles (enmity) the seed(s) of Satan. My wife and I read together, not trying to interpret as we go as we're all taught, but just resting in the beauty and delight of the His Book, learning God's Character as we go.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Days of Noah [Re: wetdog] #6901385
06/16/20 07:28 PM
06/16/20 07:28 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Mark, I did that once; I read the Bible front to back like an ordinary book. There were passages no paster or priest had ever read in my presence, like the part where God's Chosen People slaughter the men and boys of neighboring tribes and take the women into sexual slavery. I wondered why God would approve of such actions, but apparently He was nodding his blessing all the time, from the way the Bible portrays it. So long as it was done by the Israelites.

Or the part about Lot and his daughters. My mother wouldn't explain that part to me; I was fourteen and knew the facts of life, but incest was beyond my understanding then.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Days of Noah [Re: wetdog] #6901407
06/16/20 07:47 PM
06/16/20 07:47 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

James,

A glitch in the hermeneutics sir. Might I help you understand a bit of the OT.

First, please understand that what God commands and what the Israelites did as a people, (God's chosen nation), are typically not in synch. God commands. Israel as a nation disobeys. God sent prophets, kings, judges, Laws, and even His only Son, and all were disobeyed, or killed, so when you read that "they did this or that," usually they were acting of the flesh and not according to God's covenants, laws, or instructions to them.

Second, the Hebrew Scripture was clear in the the second message of the Law (Deuteronomy) to the nation. They knew these laws as they heard it straight from Moses, but no matter. The people were typically grumbling. Some things don't change much IMO.

In Deut. 20:10-15, Israel is told what to do with conquered cities outside the Canaan boundaries and then in Deut. 20:16-18, Moses relays the word of God about what to do with any city and people within Canaan (and why);

Only in the cities of these peoples that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes.
But you shall utterly destroy them, the Hittite and the Amorite, the Canaanite and the Perizzite, the Hivite and the Jebusite, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that they may not teach you to do according to all their detestable things which they have done for their gods, so that you would sin against the LORD your God.

But just as Israel has disobeyed God previously, they usually don't follow these instructions either. Israel kills some Canaanites, marries others, lives amongst others, and on an on. God was correct. Canaanite women lead the sons of Israel from God with their gods.

So much of the Bible is based on previous narrative in it. My OT history course at DTS is incredibly eye opening in this regard. We're continually turning back into the text to see where certain backdrops and quotes originated!

I will note that reading the Bible without a preconceived narrative is hard to do if someone has gone to church a while because the context of our heritage seeps into the read. My wife and I smile a lot as we read, and I recall sermons I've heard through the years. Some were accurate. Some were not.
Not trying to be unkind to pastors, but pastors (and believers) are not perfect as was Christ.

Blessings to AK!
Mark

Re: Days of Noah [Re: James] #6901423
06/16/20 08:00 PM
06/16/20 08:00 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Mark, I did that once; I read the Bible front to back like an ordinary book. There were passages no paster or priest had ever read in my presence, like the part where God's Chosen People slaughter the men and boys of neighboring tribes and take the women into sexual slavery. I wondered why God would approve of such actions, but apparently He was nodding his blessing all the time, from the way the Bible portrays it. So long as it was done by the Israelites.

Or the part about Lot and his daughters. My mother wouldn't explain that part to me; I was fourteen and knew the facts of life, but incest was beyond my understanding then.

Jim

The above quote by James is a perfect example of why I think the Angelic View in Genesis 6 is the correct view. Without a proper understanding of what was going on during those times, it will make YHVH appear to be a murderer, especially in light of Jesus' teachings. Taking account of the Angelic View, YHVH is not a murder, but rather a loving Father trying to protect His children from Satan and the other fallen ones (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) bent on destroying the Son of Man and God's people. God had a DNA problem on His hands and He instructed Joshua and Caleb to take care of it, and they failed in some areas as we all do.

By the way, those same areas that Joshua and Caleb failed to fulfill God's recommendations are the same places Israel is having problems with today.....The Golan Heights, West Bank, and Gaza Strip. Our God is a Jewish God, we must never forget that.

Re: Days of Noah [Re: wetdog] #6901450
06/16/20 08:22 PM
06/16/20 08:22 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I thought God was everyone's god.

Don't see any reason why He should favor one people over another, at least today.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: Days of Noah [Re: wetdog] #6901458
06/16/20 08:32 PM
06/16/20 08:32 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
He is everyone's God James. I think you may be a bit confused and should go back and re-read your Bible from start to finish; especially in light of the Angelic View of Genesis 6.

I would recommend starting at the Old Testament with the Septuagint. This is the Bible that Jesus probably read as a little boy. After that, move right on to the Gospels starting with Matthew, Mark, and Luke. They do a pretty good job of explaining who God really is and His love for all of us.

Re: Days of Noah [Re: wetdog] #6901477
06/16/20 08:51 PM
06/16/20 08:51 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I would agree with Chancey. He is everyone's God. He crafted all.

I might recommend reading in the orthodox tradition of canonical order, rather than the methodology taught these last 3 centuries;

* The portions I prefer
* The portions I agree with
* The portions that speak of God as a particular characteristic. The American church usually defaults to love.

Primarily it was German theologians (Kant, Schleiermacher, Ritschl and others) who forever changed Europe, America, and the world when they attempted (with good intent - but bad outcome), to rescue Christianity from the emerging Enlightened humanistic culture, arguing that only certain portions of Holy Scripture were relevant, believable, etc.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread