No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6924955
07/09/20 01:32 PM
07/09/20 01:32 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

He did to believers.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: rvsask] #6924962
07/09/20 01:37 PM
07/09/20 01:37 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by rvsask
I’m just curious who is willing to put their money where their mouth is. There are currently almost half a million kids in US foster care, many available for adoption. Who fully supports government programs to take care of these children? Who gives financial aid (not in taxes) to help out these many children? Who supports programs that help these kids when they are adults and in trouble, whether legal, financial or mental? Who thinks that women should be forced to carry and give birth to a child that may suffer a terrible upbringing is so important that they are willing to financially and emotionally help those kids?

Unless you are willing to help carry the burden then I think the strong stances are blowing hot air around a topic that was moot until it became political.

To me it’s strange as all heck considering how many unwanted children become the very people so many on here despise, the social program users, the incarcerated, the uneducated, the poverty stricken. If you think most unwanted children end up living amongst beautiful row crops in Iowa or on a mountainside in Idaho then I think you are sorely mistaken.

Already asked and answered. There is a huge backlog of couples wanting to adopt but denied or delayed due to the paperwork and background stuff. Why do you think so many Russian and Asian kids are being brought in for adoption?

[Linked Image]
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: danny clifton] #6924988
07/09/20 01:55 PM
07/09/20 01:55 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Originally Posted by danny clifton
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers

here is a heartbreaker for you.

raise the age to 12 or thirteen and its hundreds every day. many many many victims of incest. Would you really force a 13 year old to bare her step dads child bruce? if so you are one sick individual

She can then give it up for adoption and not have to endure another tramatic event by having a abortion.Bad enough she had to endure being raped.Lol and you call me sick .....I support human life thru God and Jesus our Lord and savior.

Nevada bound
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: Bruce T] #6924998
07/09/20 02:06 PM
07/09/20 02:06 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Originally Posted by Bruce T
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers

here is a heartbreaker for you.

raise the age to 12 or thirteen and its hundreds every day. many many many victims of incest. Would you really force a 13 year old to bare her step dads child bruce? if so you are one sick individual

She can then give it up for adoption and not have to endure another tramatic event by having a abortion.Bad enough she had to endure being raped.Lol and you call me sick .....I support human life thru God and Jesus our Lord and savior.

I imagine for many women, giving birth to a child resulting from rape would be much more traumatic than aborting the fetus. That being a decision none of us guys would ever have to face, we don't have any real ground to stand on for calling it one way or the other. Believing in something is one thing. Making other people conform to your beliefs, when the outcome has no actual bearing on the way you live your life, is quite another.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6925002
07/09/20 02:10 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
What kind of god would allow a little girl to be raped by a family member? Or any of the other heinous things that happen daily. The god described in your bible is a heartless one. If a creator exists I don't believe it will be anything like what is described.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6925003
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Not making it to heaven is going to be the most tramatic of them all.Good luck facing God with supporting abortion on you.

Nevada bound
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6925007
07/09/20 02:13 PM
07/09/20 02:13 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
It’s bizarre when when men , generally from privileged lives, (nobody in here I’m sure, surely everyone was born with nothing and worked for everything they have) try to decide what a woman decides to do with her body when that same woman shall have no say in anything gun related when that forced kid enters schools.

Like Coos said, it has no bearing on how any of us live so to think one way about something is a lot different than trying to force others to live that way is another.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6925011
07/09/20 02:17 PM
07/09/20 02:17 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Heaven does not appeal to billions. God (if he’s real) has aborted far more babies than man ever has so I doubt he cares too much about that. It’s propaganda that has been bought hook line and sinker if you think you’re god cares about abortions. There is history to learn regarding when and why it even became a contentious issue.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: rvsask] #6925014
07/09/20 02:21 PM
07/09/20 02:21 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
It’s bizarre when when men , generally from privileged lives, (nobody in here I’m sure, surely everyone was born with nothing and worked for everything they have) try to decide what a woman decides to do with her body when that same woman shall have no say in anything gun related when that forced kid enters schools.

Like Coos said, it has no bearing on how any of us live so to think one way about something is a lot different than trying to force others to live that way is another.

So just stand by and let innocent human lives be killed?You might stick your head in the sand and do nothing.But I will always stand up for human life.

Nevada bound
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: rvsask] #6925015
07/09/20 02:23 PM
07/09/20 02:23 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Heaven does not appeal to billions. God (if he’s real) has aborted far more babies than man ever has so I doubt he cares too much about that. It’s propaganda that has been bought hook line and sinker if you think you’re god cares about abortions. There is history to learn regarding when and why it even became a contentious issue.

Wow.....Good luck when you face God.Your sure going to need it.But untill your last breath you can always turn to God thru our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Nevada bound
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: Bruce T] #6925017
07/09/20 02:25 PM
07/09/20 02:25 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Originally Posted by Bruce T

So just stand by and let innocent human lives be killed?You might stick your head in the sand and do nothing.But I will always stand up for human life.

Always? Everywhere and anywhere? I would call arguing on an online forum not much better than standing by. Thousands of innocent lives are ended every day across the globe, what do we do to save all of those?

The world is a big place, and many men and women of higher moral character than you and I have lived and died with no awareness of modern American Christian values. I'm not knocking those values, but there's a lot more to the moral high ground than our opinions.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6925022
07/09/20 02:28 PM
07/09/20 02:28 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Bruce, the only human life I see at the time of abortions is that if the lady, much like I dont see those fertilized brook trout eggs as fish until they’re swimming. You see something different due to either your family culture, upbringing, religious views etc. It doesn’t mean you’re right, doesn’t mean I am either, it’s our perspective. Obviously the religion aspect plays in huge in this one and your country is an interesting anomaly when it comes to religion so I understand that is the basis of many viewpoints on here.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6925034
07/09/20 02:41 PM
07/09/20 02:41 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
All people will have to answer to God.Supporting mortal sin and then facing God with that on my soul is not where I want to be.Thank God for Jesus as without Jesus none of us stand a chance.God is waiting patiently for each one of us to turn to him before we die.I believe that with all my heart and soul.If I'm wrong then we simply rot in the ground.I have nothing to loose.But if I'm right and people who support mortal sins like abortion have everything to loose.

Nevada bound
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: danny clifton] #6925045
07/09/20 02:52 PM
07/09/20 02:52 PM
New York border
Cragar Online content
trapper
Cragar  Online Content
trapper

New York border

I took a look at that Wiki page.
One thing that stood out , a girl (8yo) gave birth in Nigeria in the late 1800's. Her daughter also gave birth very early at 8+ years old.
She became a grandmother at 17 years of age. Probably a world record of some sort. Chilling..........

NRA benefactor member
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6925048
07/09/20 02:54 PM
07/09/20 02:54 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
I don’t think I’ll have to answer to god anymore than any of the 200” whitetails Ive killed, the pike I ate last night or the jackpine tree I cut up for firewood so the constant preaching of god on here isn’t going to change me or anyone else’s mind who views life and our role in nature as I do. Therefore using it as an appeal on the abortion thread only serves to reinforce your own ideas and those who have the same beliefs.

Yes, I’m aware mine do the same in regards to those similar minded so I’ll quit with the internet debate, it serves no purpose.
Good luck fishing.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: danny clifton] #6925050
07/09/20 02:56 PM
07/09/20 02:56 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
What kind of god would allow a little girl to be raped by a family member? Or any of the other heinous things that happen daily. The god described in your bible is a heartless one. If a creator exists I don't believe it will be anything like what is described.

[Linked Image]
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6925064
07/09/20 03:02 PM
07/09/20 03:02 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
To say a god who allows evil isn't a god at all is the same as saying a god that doesn't give me everything I want when I want isn't a god, and he wouldn't be if he did.
God is not the sugar daddy in the sky.

[Linked Image]
Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: bowhunter27295] #6925068
07/09/20 03:04 PM
07/09/20 03:04 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
If I gave up to all of those who are ok with abortion for incest, rape and risk of death of the mother, would you agree with me that abortion is wrong in all other cases?

Yes, I would still support it though as it keeps populations of those to dumb to use proper birth control in check.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: warrior] #6925070
07/09/20 03:06 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by warrior
To say a god who allows evil isn't a god at all is the same as saying a god that doesn't give me everything I want when I want isn't a god, and he wouldn't be if he did.
God is not the sugar daddy in the sky.

There is a big difference between not getting everything you want and children who are born with cancer who survive a few miserable weeks before perishing.

Re: A Sovereign Right over your Body [Re: martentrapper] #6925071

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Man has sought to understand his Creator a very long time. A very long time.
Will we get it all correct? No way.
Do we have sufficient proof He exists. Yes.
Does everyone see it? No.
Why?
How can we know, it isn't our design.

At the core, believers have faith there is a world bigger than this that we can't explain.
We do our best. Underline best.
At the core, unbelievers have faith that this world is it. Period.

I have about .0000005679'er of the 1% knowledge needed to understand most things.
But I know when I look at creation, that there is an orderly design.
It may be at war sometimes, but I guess that's His plan.
Who are we to say that isn't the way it should be? We're all just 5 minutes from the wages of sin.
All of us.

Blessings,
Mark

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread