No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6947221
07/29/20 10:34 PM
07/29/20 10:34 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
religion, politics or any other kind of arguing i kind enjoy

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6947244
07/29/20 10:59 PM
07/29/20 10:59 PM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
Agree with Tom 100%. Some of us have been on here pre 2000 and remember the way it was!

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6947246
07/29/20 11:01 PM
07/29/20 11:01 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
I'll say this. If Trapper Talk changes to the point that is noticeable, I will begin to lose interest, and likely leave the site. I like a good debate. I like a bad debate. I find it a challenge to take on some of the folks who have been tagged as problematic.
If one cannot debate effectively, one needs to step up ones game. That can only occur with practice, and by observing others who are good at it.
In terms of the mean streak some have from time to time, Ugliness is the tool of the weak debater. When I observe that, I know that I have just won the debate.
I understand bogmaster's point and I agree with it, but we should either address the ugliness of others ourselves when we see it, or leave it up to the Moderators of the given forum to grant vacations.

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6947285
07/29/20 11:33 PM
07/29/20 11:33 PM
OBX N.C.
Leary Sink Offline
trapper
Leary Sink  Offline
trapper

OBX N.C.
Bogmaster
Mr. Tom thank you for your posts and concerns.

Last edited by Leary Sink; 07/29/20 11:34 PM.
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6947301
07/30/20 12:08 AM
07/30/20 12:08 AM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
As usual, Tom, with you 100%. Was shocked when I got home from visiting the Grandsons to find 8 pages. Am going to continue speaking my mind about what I feel is right and safe for my family, even though some here will continue to count me amongst the sheep. Because I defend what I feel is right for my family does not mean I am preaching or grinding in any way on those that choose to not engage in the same practices, even though some seem to assume that for whatever reason.

I will also continue to point out that some here seem to have found a weaker puppy, and it is wrong...in my opinion...to keep poking, prodding, and in many ways kicking that puppy around. Cannot and will not condone that by ignoring it.

Moosetrot

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Scuba1] #6947318
07/30/20 01:51 AM
07/30/20 01:51 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Always someone trying to push their views onto everyone else. That's why we have moderators, and they do a very good job.
I hear Leftlane found a woman that likes the same tobaccy that he chews. This could be serious.

I don't think its tobacco Garry and it is worrying for sure. He should learn how to grill steaks then he would not have to run around with little chunks of them in his cheek all day chewing them.

Man you try to help with some disaster relief
for 2 daggum days in a row and the grumpy old men from this place throw not only you but also the internet hottie from match or farmers only under the bus.

I'd say some things never change LOL.

I'm working the border towns and also body guarding my work wifeb(claims partner) who is like 15 yrs younger than me and worth 50k south of the Rio.

CNN won't report it but kidnapping is still big biz down on the Rio Grande

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: chas3457] #6947319
07/30/20 01:56 AM
07/30/20 01:56 AM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by chas3457
I agree with Tom, that we could be kinder to each other, but I don't see much of a change in the forum in the 10 years I've been here.

The 'players' have changed though, The worst of them got the axe, only to be replaced by a new bunch. Same hate and discontent from 'certain' members.

The banter between FRIENDS is entertaining to read, and is harmless. DOG PILE ON Leftlane. grin

Charlie

Better me, Savell, or Dave than some snowflake who melts LOL.

Yes, I should be kinder to ppl when I have the chance. Tomorrow is never promised. May all of you dorks be blessed but it ain't like I got anything nice to say about you it's just that I cant think of anything I like about ya

grin

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: star flakes] #6947358
07/30/20 06:02 AM
07/30/20 06:02 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by star flakes
What is Tman political correctness? There is a wide array of of people on here from different nations, different localities, and there is not one size that fits all. I remember Mel Gibson telling of being raised in Australia, and coming from America, the mates would walk up at a party and just punch Mel in the face as that was accepted things in Oz.
There are many parts of this United States and Canada, that if you walk into a place and people are not giving you a hard time, it means they do not like you. Silence is the worst thing you can be met with, and people who are overly polite send a message that you are really in trouble.
Mr. Dobbins has posted that he has unleashed The Executioner, who put people on vacation the other day, because he makes the rules in what is accepted.
Boco's name came up in this thread as did James. I enjoy both of these gentlemen as they are passionate, intelligent and pure parliamentarians who challenge and make people think. As I posted here when many scoffed at Coronavirus, that people were scared. People are scared about many things now, and it is not an accident that a terrifying narrative is designed to key people up. With that fact, Mr Dobbins has provided an excellent venting platform on here, to keep people out of trouble at home. The moderators are setting limits and people will learn how far to test those limits.
If you observe on here, you see a reflection of the original 13 colonies. The firebrands from Massachusetts and Virginia. The vocal ones were from Pennsylvania and New York. Tman has a group of convention friends, there are the Canadians, the Southern contingent, New England and then that bunch from Minnesota with their brethren from Wisconsin, the Kansans and the Texans. As groups, the Minnesotans have allot to say, the Kansans mean what they say and will not back down, and the Texans like to socialize in what they say. Everyone though is stating the same thing in this 2020 era, we know we are in trouble as a people, and the frustration is not knowing what to do, as we have to obey the laws.
In his historical book of the War of 1812, Theodore Roosevelt wrote of the Battle of New Orleans. Assembled there were Creole, Cajun and the Kentuckians.There was only one man of an equal volatile spirit who could make them cohesive, and that was Andrew Jackson. He did not control those Americans, he gained their respect and unleashed them on the best army in the world and they defeated the British. Whether you know it or not, you are probably reading the last generation of Americans, the kind that Patton said Americans love a fight. What is manifesting now is rough play, because by instinct Americans and Canadians know a fight is coming.
I believe Mr. Dobbins is like Omar Bradley in his troops would do anything for him, as he led quietly. This group respects Mr. Dobbins and I believe he understands that people are frustrated from the Canadian fur house problems to being in lockdown. He helps people who need a firm hand to pull them back from the edge. When he posts, everyone stops, everyone reads and everyone listens to him. This parliament is not a congress. It is raw ideas on the back bench and at times Roberts Rules of Order is not around, because it is a debate, not a meeting of minds. In that, it does get quiet around here when people are put into the dungeon, and posts start appearing, asking where the noise makers are.

star flakes,
Did I mention I enjoy your posts? They are thought provoking, a bit of a stick in the eye which is fine, and straight to the point.
Preach it brother! Preacher it.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Leftlane] #6947359
07/30/20 06:04 AM
07/30/20 06:04 AM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Originally Posted by Leftlane
Originally Posted by chas3457
I agree with Tom, that we could be kinder to each other, but I don't see much of a change in the forum in the 10 years I've been here.

The 'players' have changed though, The worst of them got the axe, only to be replaced by a new bunch. Same hate and discontent from 'certain' members.

The banter between FRIENDS is entertaining to read, and is harmless. DOG PILE ON Leftlane. grin

Charlie

Better me, Savell, or Dave than some snowflake who melts LOL.

Yes, I should be kinder to ppl when I have the chance. Tomorrow is never promised. May all of you dorks be blessed but it ain't like I got anything nice to say about you it's just that I cant think of anything I like about ya

grin

I can feel the love !! May every horse u meet step on yr foot!

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6947365
07/30/20 06:19 AM
07/30/20 06:19 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I like the pretty colors on the executioners post.

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6947367
07/30/20 06:27 AM
07/30/20 06:27 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

I’ve only been here a few years. I don’t think the forum has changed that much, just the climate, hence my “People are Edgy” thread.

Outside the forum there have been constant attacks lacking reciprocation. THAT is what has changed and just as anything else, it has bled into the forum.

This thread is evidence that it is not a welcomed feeling and perhaps a glimpse into what may come outside of the forum. We can hope so. Common folks seem to be getting it, politicians haven’t seen it yet and some won’t until they have been fired.

-Goofy-
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6947370
07/30/20 06:31 AM
07/30/20 06:31 AM
sometimes PA sometimes ME
E
ebsurveyor Offline
trapper
ebsurveyor  Offline
trapper
E

sometimes PA sometimes ME
So much for a trapping forum. Now it is like a bunch of old ladies gossiping. Maybe it was always this way? After the big crash I stopped logging on for awhile.

Last edited by ebsurveyor; 07/30/20 06:32 AM.
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: ebsurveyor] #6947375
07/30/20 06:47 AM
07/30/20 06:47 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by ebsurveyor
So much for a trapping forum. Now it is like a bunch of old ladies gossiping. Maybe it was always this way? After the big crash I stopped logging on for awhile.

And you just had to log on and tell us that.

Welcome to the club. lol

-Goofy-
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6947386
07/30/20 06:57 AM
07/30/20 06:57 AM
Nova Scotia,
woodtick Offline
trapper
woodtick  Offline
trapper

Nova Scotia,
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by ebsurveyor

And you just had to log on and tell us that.

Welcome to the club. lol

LMAO...that was funny

Big Wet Drops and Lots of them are a Sure Sign of Rain!
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6947398
07/30/20 07:14 AM
07/30/20 07:14 AM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
I kind of like the variety of views on here and the occasional disagreements especially on size of trap, trap placement, what is best brand, what baits and lure to use, etc.
We are all different, have different views, and the diversity is what makes it fun in my opinion. I learn a lot from many of you on here. We do all share a common interest but the approach in how we do it should never be a cookie cutter approach.
I remember someone complaining about speeders and not driving 55 when sign clearly says limit is 55. I for one generally always go faster than 55 and get a little peeved when I have to follow someone who does. I guarantee that statement won't be in agreement with several of you on here.
Religion stuff comes up on here often. I personally go to church, even have a 4 year degree from st Charles borromeo seminary in Philadelphia yes I was studying to be a catholic priest once but dropped out. I have my peace with my own religious views but I'm no fan of getting into a Bible thumping which interpretation is correct match with anyone, not my style and really don't care who's right or wrong. Others though wow that's a touchy subject for sure. For Mark to go back to seminary at this point in his life, hats off. That's commitment! I tried it, hats off to you Mark.
Same with politics and civil views. Lots of different opinions out there and some do like to stir the pot.
Know what always makes me laugh on here? Responses of pig castrators for some unknown object. That is the best. Some don't like it, some do. I laugh every time.
James is cussed and discussed on here. I have a lot of respect for anyone who survives law school and practices it as a career. Sharp dude, like it or not.
And for anyone who moderstes a forum, its work to be referee. Keep the rules, ball in play, and make those tough decisions when you need to. But you guys know there is nothing wrong with questioning and good honest and solid debates, and we all have different points of view. Feathers will get ruffled. The mods do a good job on here, I have seen.
I love this forum and thank you for letting me participate.
Jim

Last edited by jabNE; 07/30/20 07:17 AM.

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6947403
07/30/20 07:24 AM
07/30/20 07:24 AM
On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
H
Hutchy Offline
trapper
Hutchy  Offline
trapper
H

On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
I think you all are wrong.

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6947415
07/30/20 07:31 AM
07/30/20 07:31 AM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Happy Birthday Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
I sure miss some of the people that used to be on here.Some have passed away and some have just left.But that's life.Things always change.

Nevada bound
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6947421
07/30/20 07:34 AM
07/30/20 07:34 AM
Nova Scotia,
woodtick Offline
trapper
woodtick  Offline
trapper

Nova Scotia,
Hutchy, how to heck would you know...you're from Ontario...lmao.. grin

Big Wet Drops and Lots of them are a Sure Sign of Rain!
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: woodtick] #6947426
07/30/20 07:40 AM
07/30/20 07:40 AM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by woodtick
Hutchy, how to heck would you know...you're from Ontario Canada...lmao.. grin

I fixed it for ya. No charge Tick! whistle

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: woodtick] #6947433
07/30/20 07:46 AM
07/30/20 07:46 AM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Originally Posted by woodtick
Hutchy, how to heck would you know...you're from Ontario...lmao.. grin

YEA, living up there in yr crime free utopia without a need for a handgun to protect yr family!!

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread