No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Woods clearing [Re: Yukon John] #6978318
08/30/20 12:09 PM
08/30/20 12:09 PM
Perry, NY
D
Dana I Offline
trapper
Dana I  Offline
trapper
D

Perry, NY
Originally Posted by Yukon John
I didn't think there was any money in farming, lol!

Theres not. Thats one of the reasons for the clearing. You can't afford to have land that is not producing at least something. On the flip side if prices are good and there is a healthy profit to be made, then thats another reason to clear it. There is a valid reason to maximize production either way.

It will stay this way until such time that land prices and property taxes are low enough that you can afford to own it without it paying its own way.

Re: Woods clearing [Re: Thumbian] #6978331
08/30/20 12:24 PM
08/30/20 12:24 PM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
A lot of farms used to be family owned where the owners took a big interest in deer hunting. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Plus, the taxes are way higher on wooded land than tillable land.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread