No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I MISS buffets and pot lucks [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7004963
09/30/20 07:21 PM
09/30/20 07:21 PM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Online content
trapper
west river rogue  Online Content
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
I had alot of mongolian buffets in asia......Veryyyy good!

Re: I MISS buffets and pot lucks [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7004970
09/30/20 07:27 PM
09/30/20 07:27 PM
Interior Alaska
30/06 Offline
trapper
30/06  Offline
trapper

Interior Alaska
Now that you mention it GCP, I really miss potlucks too. Seems like we used go to one about once a month, more around the holidays. I usually made tater tot hot dish, with ground moose if I have it. It always went pretty quick. I'm going to keep eyes and ears peeled for any word of a potluck near James Bay. That's a beautiful chunk of moose Boco!

Re: I MISS buffets and pot lucks [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7004979
09/30/20 07:38 PM
09/30/20 07:38 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Potlucks are the best because the vast majority of contributors want to showcase their masterpiece.

Re: I MISS buffets and pot lucks [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7005414
10/01/20 10:00 AM
10/01/20 10:00 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
my wife's Aunt would only make deviled eggs for potluck style family gatherings.

I like those deviled eggs

I was going to have a Booyhaa this year until covid
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booyah_(stew)
I am not belguim but I figured I would give it a try , I will probably make up a small one to try at home , maybe next year a real BooyaH it is the party , the stew and an exclamation of cheer al in one word what isn't to like about that

large meals served to groups is in my blood you could say.

our family gatherings on one side of the family have been fish boils for over a hundred years and on the other side Pig roasts

I have some news paper articles from the town my Great Great Grandfather settled in that he was feeding his timber crews Fish boil in 1880

when I was a kid my great uncles got me to eat the pigs head at the family reunions

lop off the hole head of the roasted pig , you have to work for that good meat but the jowles are great

you can not be squeamish about your food looking at you , some are , I am not

a friend of mine raises hogs , I have gotten a few half heads from him , they always cut them in half now and take the brains out at the processor now

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: I MISS buffets and pot lucks [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7005415
10/01/20 10:03 AM
10/01/20 10:03 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I had a small fish boil for my family this year and have another one planned

when I do them at home we use lake trout

when we would have big extended family boils my great uncle repaired nets for a few fisherman in Door county and we would get white fish.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: I MISS buffets and pot lucks [Re: AntiGov] #7005629
10/01/20 03:25 PM
10/01/20 03:25 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by AntiGov
I like some of the buffets

The pot lucks I've been to require a special rule .......eat the packaged food only

Chips , rolls , crackers , soda can ..........

Isn't that the truth!
My wife worked as an accountant for a trucking company years ago. A lady dispatcher used to bring stuff she baked at home several times a week. Everyone enjoyed the cake, pie, cookies, etc. One day the lady's vehicle wouldn't start. She asked my wife for a ride.

My wife stopped to pick her up and was shocked when she went into the house. The lady lived alone (divorced). The house reeked because she had 6 or 7 cats. Some were on the kitchen counter, kitchen table, and there were two cat litter boxes on the floor in the kitchen that looked like they hadn't been cleaned recently. The sink and counter had several days of dirty dishes, pans, etc.

Needless to say, my wife passed on the "treats" the lady brought to the shop after that.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: I MISS buffets and pot lucks [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7005633
10/01/20 03:28 PM
10/01/20 03:28 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Our church still has pot-lucks two times a week. A bunch of us (14) have gotten covid recently over the past month, probably passed it around a bunce of various ways, most of us recreate, work, and hang-out together. What are you expected to do, crawl under a rock and not come out forever? I realize that's the Democrat plan, it's not my idea of living though.
BTW everyone has recovered just fine, that includes a few old folks, the younger folks barely skipped a beat.
Way over-blown imo.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: I MISS buffets and pot lucks [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7005650
10/01/20 03:45 PM
10/01/20 03:45 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
my wife's Aunt would only make deviled eggs for potluck style family gatherings.

I like those deviled eggs

I was going to have a Booyhaa this year until covid
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booyah_(stew)
I am not belguim but I figured I would give it a try , I will probably make up a small one to try at home , maybe next year a real BooyaH it is the party , the stew and an exclamation of cheer al in one word what isn't to like about that

large meals served to groups is in my blood you could say.

our family gatherings on one side of the family have been fish boils for over a hundred years and on the other side Pig roasts

I have some news paper articles from the town my Great Great Grandfather settled in that he was feeding his timber crews Fish boil in 1880

when I was a kid my great uncles got me to eat the pigs head at the family reunions

lop off the hole head of the roasted pig , you have to work for that good meat but the jowles are great

you can not be squeamish about your food looking at you , some are , I am not

a friend of mine raises hogs , I have gotten a few half heads from him , they always cut them in half now and take the brains out at the processor now

Jowl meat is the best. We call everything on the head "cheek meat"

Was that Racine County?

Last edited by Pike River; 10/01/20 03:45 PM.
Re: I MISS buffets and pot lucks [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7005663
10/01/20 04:04 PM
10/01/20 04:04 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Racine , Kenosha, Walworth
start where the three counties touch anything within 30 minutes of there basically

Re: I MISS buffets and pot lucks [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7005886
10/01/20 08:51 PM
10/01/20 08:51 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
I love potlucks we have had several around here . most are outside . There are very few people worried about covid around here . Some people wear mask come get food and leave .
Some buffets are open some are doing take out some are closed for good . I dont like any of the Chinese buffets that are open

Last edited by Bigfoot; 10/01/20 08:55 PM.
Re: I MISS buffets and pot lucks [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7005934
10/01/20 09:44 PM
10/01/20 09:44 PM
West Central Illinois
I
il.trapper Offline
trapper
il.trapper  Offline
trapper
I

West Central Illinois
Coon hunters club my son and nephew belonged to had a wild game potluck every year. I was happy to attend several years.

Nephew and I stood one night eating small chunks of meat from a rather large bowl. Dark meat rolled in some type batter that looked to be deep fried. DELICIOUS!! After we had managed to eat about half the bowl I asked Eric what is was. He had no idea and walked off to find who had brought it, and what it was. I was totally surprised to find out it was CROW. First and last time I have ate it, but I would again if given the chance.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread