No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Muzzle loader guys [Re: Nessmuck] #7010839
10/06/20 11:15 PM
10/06/20 11:15 PM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Originally Posted by hippie
Wish I could help, but I'm old school and still use Goex loose powder.

With yah on that Hippie...

Yep! Me too!

Moosetrot

Re: Muzzle loader guys [Re: super cub] #7010934
10/07/20 05:59 AM
10/07/20 05:59 AM
West Cent IL
illinideer Offline
trapper
illinideer  Offline
trapper

West Cent IL
I shot 777 for a short time hated the crud ring went back to pyrodex until blackhorn 209 came out. Another thing with my optima I had to purchace a blackhorn 209 style breech plug it was only around 25 bucks at the time. To be honest even if it cost a little more to ship it I would try and get some blackhorn. I shot mine 15 times in a row to see if it would get hard to load num 15 loaded just as easy as the first and the accuracy was still there. Plus easy clean up with normal gun cleaners I use hoppes 9 or ed red. When I get it out for the season I run a couple of patched with denatured alcohol then fire 3 or 4 primers to foul the barrel. I will shoot a couple off the bench to check 0 .
J

Coyote 5 Badger 1
Coons 17
Bobcats 2 Released
Grinners All of them
USN AE2 VF-31 Tomcatters
Retired SMSGT IL ANG 183 Fighter Wing
Coyote U Class #4
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread