No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mossberg rifles [Re: Ryan McLeod] #7030805
10/28/20 08:38 PM
10/28/20 08:38 PM
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

MT (Big Sky Country)
Ryan just my .02¢ worth the last rifle I'd buy one of my kids is a Mossberg rifle , year's ago I made the mistake of taking one in a trade the biggest problem I've seen first hand is a firing pin you can remove then bend into a figure 8 then straighten it out and it may or may not work when your done .

Granted that was year's ago but something's are hard to look past , a Savage or any other rifle sounds better in comparison .
A pink camo rifle would be a fun thing for Morgan to find under the tree ha ha

Re: Mossberg rifles [Re: Ryan McLeod] #7030830
10/28/20 08:54 PM
10/28/20 08:54 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Gun parts now has new firing pins https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1562910

making the only part not available as a spare is the bolt body

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Mossberg rifles [Re: Allan Minear] #7030967
10/28/20 10:49 PM
10/28/20 10:49 PM
higginsville, mo
H
headache73 Offline
trapper
headache73  Offline
trapper
H

higginsville, mo
Originally Posted by Allan Minear
Ryan just my .02¢ worth the last rifle I'd buy one of my kids is a Mossberg rifle , year's ago I made the mistake of taking one in a trade the biggest problem I've seen first hand is a firing pin you can remove then bend into a figure 8 then straighten it out and it may or may not work when your done .

Granted that was year's ago but something's are hard to look past , a Savage or any other rifle sounds better in comparison .
A pink camo rifle would be a fun thing for Morgan to find under the tree ha ha

Buddy of mine bought one in 30-06 and had big problems with the firing pin and bolt. I've never bought one because of that. We've got 3 Axis's in the house and never a problem with any of them. I'll stick with Savage

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread