No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Do all the meat packers do it like this [Re: Canvasback2] #7052565
11/17/20 01:14 AM
11/17/20 01:14 AM
Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
T
turkn8rtrapper Offline
trapper
turkn8rtrapper  Offline
trapper
T

Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
That's called "batching" and I won't take mine anywhere near a place that does it. My reasoning is. I know how my animal was handled. I know where it was hit,how it was cleaned and how long it took to get it to cold and kept that way. I don't know if some yoyo gut shot an animal and then thought he was going to starve to death threw every scrap and fat and tallow and dirt in the cooler. I also don't know how many six packs were involved in the trophy hunt and how long that MONSTER 10 month old 3 point road around in the back of the truck with the tail gate down so everyone could admire it. So no I don't do batching. Oh and I'm sure there is a couple of road kills in there too that had the Kenworth emblem tatooed on the rib cage if the rib was recognizable.cage

"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens"
Re: Do all the meat packers do it like this [Re: Canvasback2] #7052681
11/17/20 08:14 AM
11/17/20 08:14 AM
Goldsboro, NC
John C Offline
trapper
John C  Offline
trapper

Goldsboro, NC
A lot of them do the mix it all up and give you back a measured weight based on your deers live weight. This is crap for service in my opinion. I’ve used two that did this in the past and have been very disappointed in the quality of venison I’ve received back. We’ve got a great processor here now that does each deer individually. It’s the best venison I’ve ever eaten including when I processed myself. Last year he bought a smoker and started making snack sticks from meat that didn’t get picked up and played with it for a year before going public with the snack sticks and summer sausage. It’s some of the absolute best I’ve ever had. My son is claiming we’re getting the next whole deer made into slim Jim’s. That’s a lot of money so I’ll probably get 12-15lbs made for the year instead of the whole deer but when I do I’ll know what I’m eating and where it came from.

More Cowbell
Re: Do all the meat packers do it like this [Re: Canvasback2] #7052717
11/17/20 08:51 AM
11/17/20 08:51 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Get you a grinder a stuffer and a smoker. Make your own slim jims. You buy meat cure on line

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread