No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Commerial Coyote Urine Collection [Re: BanditBuster] #7090520
12/15/20 09:52 AM
12/15/20 09:52 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
I appreciate you taking the time to go a little deeper in explaining your view. I dont have the years experience as you but I absolutely hate to see people cheated. In my few years trapping I have met some very good people, good salt of the earth, give you the shirt of their back type of people. But like people being people as you stated there is some the will cheat you for money even among us trappers. What has opened my eyes is buying lure making ingredients. The quality from some vendors is terrible when compared to the good stuff. And I think there are trappers out there just don't know what good stuff is and in my opinion are being ripped off and it rubs me the wrong way to the point I have a hard time biting my tongue. I just want to make others aware that there is poor quality stuff even in our circle. To the guys that are honest and sell good stuff a huge thank you and my hats off to you. In that purchase I spoke of earlier I also received another product labeled and sold by a guy on here that was cut with something that the quality is so poor that in my opinion it is a blatant rip of. The guy is regularly on here and is looked upon favorably and it is about all I can to to keep my mouth shut. I hate to see honest people ripped off.
Again to the hard working supplier of quality products to us trappers a very sincere and appreciated thank you.

Last edited by Yes sir; 12/15/20 10:08 AM.
Re: Commerial Coyote Urine Collection [Re: BanditBuster] #7090525
12/15/20 09:55 AM
12/15/20 09:55 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
The quality from some vendors is terrible when compared to the good stuff. And I think there are trappers out there just don't know what good stuff is and in my opinion are being ripped off and it rubs me the wrong way to the point I have a hard time biting my tongue

Welcome to the club

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Commerial Coyote Urine Collection [Re: Yes sir] #7090550
12/15/20 10:12 AM
12/15/20 10:12 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Yes sir
I appreciate you taking the time to go a little deeper in explaining your view. I dont have the years experience as you but I absolutely hate to see people cheated. In my few years trapping I have met some very good people, good salt of the earth, give you the shirt of their back type of people. But like people being people as you stated there is some the will cheat you for money even among us trappers. What has opened my eyes is buying lure making ingredients. The quality from some vendors is terrible when compared to the good stuff. And I think there are trappers out there just don't know what good stuff is and in my opinion are being ripped off and it rubs me the wrong way to the point I have a hard time biting my tongue. I just want to make others aware that there is poor quality stuff even in our circle. To the guys that are honest and sell good stuff a huge thank you and my hats off to you. In that purchase I spoke of earlier I also received another product labeled and sold by a guy on here that was cut with something that the quality is so poor that in my opinion it is a blatant rip of. The guy is regularly on here and is looked upon favorably and it is about all I can to to keep my mouth shut. I hate you see honest people ripped off.
Again to the hard working supplier of quality products to us trappers a very sincere and appreciated thank you.

Oh I knew of what you speak. I bought skunk essence from one man for years. Always fine. Several years ago, we did the same, paid him cash, picked up the quill, came home, uncorked it and dribbled some into bucket after bucket of Windwalker lure. All good. We age. We then bottle. We then ship Windwalker literally to 3 continents over the coming 6 months until one day, a dealer in Aussie land emails to say that the Windwalker has no skunk. It's different. WHAT? I tell him I'll email him back let me check. I walk in the shop, unscrew the poly top which locks in odors, and...... no skunk. WHAT? I go in the stinky room. I grab the bottles of quill and open one and "no skunk" in the quill. OOMMGG.

So, I did what reputable dealers have always done. I drafted an email and sent to well over 100 dealers in 3 continents alerting them to "our" voluntary recall. You have any idea what shipping that back and reshipping out the good goo cost MJL? I don't because if I kept track, I would ridden for the culprit with a rope looking for a tall tree.

So, I know who that was. I am sorry he felt the need to make $1,200 that way. It cost me 5 times that or more. I will let anyone know if I hear that name again how exactly he rolls. And that's water under the bridge.

Skunks still have quill. Some good trappers still collect the good pure stuff. Some trappers cheat.
Can we just paint with that scenario brush is my request.
You put people outta biz if you don't buy from them anymore except if your name is Whitmer, gov of MI, then you just shut them down unless you're part of her family and friends.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Commerial Coyote Urine Collection [Re: BanditBuster] #7090612
12/15/20 10:59 AM
12/15/20 10:59 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
It's too bad this has to happen among our family of trappers. But human nature being what it is, there are always gonna be a few cheats. A few have got me too, but I try to not let this make me judge the rest by a fews actions. Had a guy in Mo the had to have a death ray, as he was starting a job and needed it, no check forthcoming....been waiting for three years now. Puts a bad taste in your mouth for sure! But I still try to help people out, just makes you a little smarter.

I collected my own urine for a lot of years, and summer time collection is a stinky mess! I had plenty for myself just collecting through season. I feel blest, living in Ks, there are no laws to interfere with keeping yotes in pens. Some states are so over regulated. I've thought about getting back into it, but rounding up food is the biggest problem about it!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Commerial Coyote Urine Collection [Re: BanditBuster] #7090763
12/15/20 12:53 PM
12/15/20 12:53 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

The same things are effecting the bigger collectors as me and you folks......

regulators and revenuers.

They are everywhere and getting worse.

Lee and me are the positive, glass 1/2 full dudes.. Ya outta see the snarky ones!
Oh wait, ya'll do see some. Here (gulp).

Re: Commerial Coyote Urine Collection [Re: BanditBuster] #7090773
12/15/20 12:59 PM
12/15/20 12:59 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I don't believe it is snarky to post that some trapping supply dealers are not as honest as they ought to be when it comes to urine/glands and lure ingredients. It is just truth.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Commerial Coyote Urine Collection [Re: BanditBuster] #7090792
12/15/20 01:11 PM
12/15/20 01:11 PM
NNY
080808 Offline
trapper
080808  Offline
trapper

NNY
Agree with Danny. Place $$$$$$ in front of enough business people and soon the sharks will surface.

Re: Commerial Coyote Urine Collection [Re: BanditBuster] #7090860
12/15/20 01:53 PM
12/15/20 01:53 PM
New Mexico
C
Chamacat Offline
trapper
Chamacat  Offline
trapper
C

New Mexico
Yep...Buy from Wayne Derrick...The man has thousands and thousands of predators to his name...and his name is golden...

I can catch them here...I can catch them ANYWHERE
Re: Commerial Coyote Urine Collection [Re: danny clifton] #7090882
12/15/20 02:12 PM
12/15/20 02:12 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I don't believe it is snarky to post that some trapping supply dealers are not as honest as they ought to be when it comes to urine/glands and lure ingredients. It is just truth.

That wasn't my meaning. All was not in my mind as I suggested; call out the crap ones and raise up the good ones.

Re: Commerial Coyote Urine Collection [Re: BanditBuster] #7090894
12/15/20 02:20 PM
12/15/20 02:20 PM
New Mexico
C
Chamacat Offline
trapper
Chamacat  Offline
trapper
C

New Mexico
Yep..I'll help you out here's Wayne's phone number 1-575-676-0001...When you buy from Wayne you know what your getting in the bottle...

I can catch them here...I can catch them ANYWHERE
Re: Commerial Coyote Urine Collection [Re: BanditBuster] #7090920
12/15/20 02:35 PM
12/15/20 02:35 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

How many animals does he collect from? If too many calls = he'll need more P = he'll need more animals P'ing = his whole operation will be suspect = see where I'm headed with this.
whistle whistle

Wayne is awesome.
I'm not picking on my pal.

Re: Commerial Coyote Urine Collection [Re: ] #7091296
12/15/20 06:55 PM
12/15/20 06:55 PM
Maine
M
Mac Offline
trapper
Mac  Offline
trapper
M

Maine
I have enjoyed reading this thread and agree with a lot of it.
One thing I would sincerely doubt is that anything Wayne Derrick does would be suspect. I would bet money on that one. He is one of the
most honest guys living.

Mac

Last edited by Mac; 12/15/20 06:55 PM.

Re: Commerial Coyote Urine Collection [Re: BanditBuster] #7091436
12/15/20 08:11 PM
12/15/20 08:11 PM
Moreauville, Louisiana
T
tdtrapper Offline
trapper
tdtrapper  Offline
trapper
T

Moreauville, Louisiana
Well I don't know what everyone else are using. But I know for a fact im using 100% pure coyote and red fox urine. And I have several gallons of each and will continue to collect until march.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread