No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bluegrassman] #7163915
01/31/21 04:56 PM
Lakes Region Indiana
L
loosanarrow Offline
trapper
loosanarrow  Offline
trapper
L

Lakes Region Indiana
Originally Posted by bluegrassman
Lol, I haven’t put a mask on not once.

So are you one of those who says “if masks work, then why are covid cases on the rise”?

A bunch of my friends and I refused at first. We were free we said. Not submitting. Then someone we graduated with died of covid, and then another, who is also my neighbor, spent 30 plus days on a ventilator. Now we are the ones who will politely ask you to wear a mask in our buildings. We aren’t afraid to admit when we were wrong. We all carry concealed handguns for our and others’ personal safety, and now we wear masks for our and others’ personal safety. This is not political this just following what our doctors tell are telling us are the steps we can take to slow the spread.

I know, if you search the internet you can find one in a thousand “experts” who say masks don’t work, or about anything thing else you want to hear. I’m going with what the other 999 say.

If ou come in my home or shop, you will wear a mask. And if you want to to argue you can do it from outside. And if I owned the grocery store, I would refuse service to the nearly 1/4 of customers who aren’t wearing a mask when I go in there. You don’t have to wear one, but I don’t have to provide you service either. Freedom goes both ways.

If China engineered this virus, it was diabolical genius. It uses our notion of freedom and Liberty against us. I’m not wearing a mask because the government told me to, I’m doing because my doctor told me it is one of the best things I can do to help slow the spread and protect myself and others.

Website www.mgnbd.com
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7163918
The great state of Utah
elkantlers Offline
trapper
elkantlers  Offline
trapper

The great state of Utah
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Originally Posted by elkantlers

Name a few instances.

More people are wearing masks than ever before. The covid numbers are now higher than ever before while at the same time, in the height of influenza season, the influenza numbers are the lowest in history.

Can you explain that one please?

Are you serious? Covid is many times more contageous than the flu. By wearing masks, the number of Covid cases are still high, but not as high as they might have been and the flu is much lower than normal. Again, your own words are proving that masks work.

elkantlers
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7163919
01/31/21 04:57 PM
01/31/21 04:57 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Pike River

I've received the vax so there's no real need for me to continue to mask up but i still do because i dont want hassle and i also think its still good for the general public and want to set an example.

You, my friend, are a prime example of a person purposefully choosing to be uninformed.

If you choose to believe what you typed, that is your choice. However, it is not the truth per Dr. Fauci and the CDC.

Dr fauci is a quack.

No Jab.
Re: A week without a mask [Re: ] #7163921
01/31/21 05:00 PM
ontario canada
K
Knappett Offline
trapper
Knappett  Offline
trapper
K

ontario canada
Originally Posted by Mark June
I'm not sure how a mask is respect for someone?
As people's eyes gaze down more than every before.
As people steer around us as if one of us has the plague.
As people stand further away than is typical.
So masking is now the way to show respect as we toss human interaction aside?
That's seed of the serpent thinking for sure.

It's not the mask. It's the heart of things, literally.

Blessings,
Mark

X2
Wearing a mask to "show respect" is plain foolish. How come others don't show respect to those who don't wear a mask? Seems like a one way street to me.

Re: A week without a mask [Re: rex123] #7163922
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by rex123
Yes you are a sheep . Your the one that gets out of the pasture and runs around on the other side of the fence screaming I'm not a sheep until the wolves eat him.

crazy

No Jab.
Re: A week without a mask [Re: elkantlers] #7163923
01/31/21 05:02 PM
01/31/21 05:02 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by elkantlers
Originally Posted by Mark June
I'm not sure how a mask is respect for someone?
As people's eyes gaze down more than every before.
As people steer around us as if one of us has the plague.
As people stand further away than is typical.
So masking is now the way to show respect as we toss human interaction aside?
That's seed of the serpent thinking for sure.

It's not the mask. It's the heart of things, literally.

Blessings,
Mark

It shows respect because there are people out there in stores and other places trying to make a living dealing with the public and if me wearing a mask makes them feel more comfortabe I will do it. It shows respect to wear your mask so that you don't unknowingly pass the virus to them. You can still interact with people while wearing a mask.
What part of people dying from a virus don't you care about?

if you know that wearing a mask would save someones life would you do it?

I'll say it again, I hate masks and I would rather not wear them. I will wear them though if it helps slow down this virus.

crazy

No Jab.
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7163939
01/31/21 05:12 PM
01/31/21 05:12 PM
Lakes Region Indiana
L
loosanarrow Offline
trapper
loosanarrow  Offline
trapper
L

Lakes Region Indiana

Who ever thought masks protect you if are in close contact for prolonged times? My doctor told me mask plus 6 foot distance means very low transmission chance. That makes complete sense, and nothing in this article refuted that. You are looking for ways to twist the info. Why?

Website www.mgnbd.com
Re: A week without a mask [Re: loosanarrow] #7163942
01/31/21 05:13 PM
01/31/21 05:13 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by loosanarrow

Who ever thought masks protect you if are in close contact for prolonged times? My doctor told me mask plus 6 foot distance means very low transmission chance. That makes complete sense, and nothing in this article refuted that. You are looking for ways to twist the info. Why?

Staying away from people and good hygiene makes sense. Masks.. eh.

No Jab.
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7163944
01/31/21 05:15 PM
01/31/21 05:15 PM
Taylor county, Wisconsin
T
Twisted metal Offline
trapper
Twisted metal  Offline
trapper
T

Taylor county, Wisconsin
What is the point of the vaccine if you still can carry the virus? The propose of a vaccine is to prevent you from getting the disease not prevent symptoms. I have the COVID so now I have the antibodies in my system to prevent me from getting it again thus not needing to be vaccinated according to my doctor. He also said the cdc is all over the place with there information. I do not believe everything the political elite or media says. I am smart enough to make my own decisions based on science

Life member NRA
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7163950
01/31/21 05:17 PM
01/31/21 05:17 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
I have to wear one to watch my boys play basketball. No where else. Glad I live where I do.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7163955
01/31/21 05:20 PM
01/31/21 05:20 PM
Lakes Region Indiana
L
loosanarrow Offline
trapper
loosanarrow  Offline
trapper
L

Lakes Region Indiana
Well I’m going with what my doctor, my wife’s doctor, my nurse aunt, and ALMOST every medical professional says.

I will get my medical advice from medical professionals not trappers on the internet.

Website www.mgnbd.com
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7163961
01/31/21 05:23 PM
01/31/21 05:23 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Go to Todd Herman’s website. He has researched mask studies more than any person I know. He has great information.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7163975
01/31/21 05:30 PM
AK / ND
A
aknome Offline
trapper
aknome  Offline
trapper
A

AK / ND
Regardless of your beliefs: If you want to fly, you'll be wearing a mask.
https://www.newsmax.com/us/executiv...ic-transportation/2021/01/30/id/1007895/

Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7163976
Lakes Region Indiana
L
loosanarrow Offline
trapper
loosanarrow  Offline
trapper
L

Lakes Region Indiana
So “I’ve won’t wear a mask” and “why is the virus still spreading if everyone wears masks” - would you consider that circular?

If not, I suspect we just can’t have a starting place for this discussion.

You go on trying every possible way and twisting information however you can to justify not wear a mask, and when that doesn’t work go with “I’m not a sheep, I’m free”. I will continue to require masks in my shop and my home for non-household members. I agree, you are free to not wear your mask. And I’m free to not allow you inside my buildings.

Website www.mgnbd.com
Re: A week without a mask [Re: loosanarrow] #7163980
01/31/21 05:34 PM
01/31/21 05:34 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by bluegrassman
Lol, I haven’t put a mask on not once.

So are you one of those who says “if masks work, then why are covid cases on the rise”?

A bunch of my friends and I refused at first. We were free we said. Not submitting. Then someone we graduated with died of covid, and then another, who is also my neighbor, spent 30 plus days on a ventilator. Now we are the ones who will politely ask you to wear a mask in our buildings. We aren’t afraid to admit when we were wrong. We all carry concealed handguns for our and others’ personal safety, and now we wear masks for our and others’ personal safety. This is not political this just following what our doctors tell are telling us are the steps we can take to slow the spread.

I know, if you search the internet you can find one in a thousand “experts” who say masks don’t work, or about anything thing else you want to hear. I’m going with what the other 999 say.

If ou come in my home or shop, you will wear a mask. And if you want to to argue you can do it from outside. And if I owned the grocery store, I would refuse service to the nearly 1/4 of customers who aren’t wearing a mask when I go in there. You don’t have to wear one, but I don’t have to provide you service either. Freedom goes both ways.

If China engineered this virus, it was diabolical genius. It uses our notion of freedom and Liberty against us. I’m not wearing a mask because the government told me to, I’m doing because my doctor told me it is one of the best things I can do to help slow the spread and protect myself and others.

I don't think grocery stores can turn you away if you don't wear one. Groceries are essential. Also the mask wearing is a mandate, not a law.

No Jab.
Re: A week without a mask [Re: loosanarrow] #7163987
01/31/21 05:36 PM
01/31/21 05:36 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
So “I’ve won’t wear a mask” and “why is the virus still spreading if everyone wears masks” - would you consider that circular?

If not, I suspect we just can’t have a starting place for this discussion.

You go on trying every possible way and twisting information however you can to justify not wear a mask, and when that doesn’t work go with “I’m not a sheep, I’m free”. I will continue to require masks in my shop and my home for non-household members. I agree, you are free to not wear your mask. And I’m free to not allow you inside my buildings.

I won't patronize you're store if I have to wear a mask. I'll spend my money elsewhere. Your buildings, your rules. I do respect that.

No Jab.
Re: A week without a mask [Re: Twisted metal] #7163991
01/31/21 05:38 PM
01/31/21 05:38 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Twisted metal
What is the point of the vaccine if you still can carry the virus? The propose of a vaccine is to prevent you from getting the disease not prevent symptoms. I have the COVID so now I have the antibodies in my system to prevent me from getting it again thus not needing to be vaccinated according to my doctor. He also said the cdc is all over the place with there information. I do not believe everything the political elite or media says. I am smart enough to make my own decisions based on science

This vaccine isn't like other vaccines. Look it up.

No Jab.
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7163995
01/31/21 05:41 PM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
I haven't worn a mask in 10 months... or ever. Well, except for Halloween as a kid and the few times I played catcher in baseball.

Last edited by Wild_Idaho; 01/31/21 05:42 PM.

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7163996
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
On the close contact thing. Some of y'all may remember that over Christmas I and the family went into quarantine as the wife tested positive at work. There are four of us in the house and while the missus did try to keep some distance between herself and her mother (which is a good thing) she really couldn't from me or our youngest. Heck, we haven't slept apart in over twenty years and I ain't about to start.
Well I could've sworn all four of us caught it as we all ran a low grade fever at some point. But testing was either a highly unlikely three false negatives or only the wife had it. I ain't figured that one out other than to say there's a male bovine on laxatives somewhere in this covid drama.

[Linked Image]
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7164005
01/31/21 05:49 PM
01/31/21 05:49 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Masks are increasing the incidence of the spread of this virus. Bold statement, ain't it?
The best way to avoid exposure to this virus is by avoiding people.
People are mistakenly believing that as long as they wear a mask and stay six feet away from people, they will be protected. This gives them the idea that they can go where ever they want no matter how many people they will encounter.
This virus is airborne as per the CDC. The virus can pass through the mask. Most of the air one breathes out goes around the edges of the mask.
You will more likely become infected, or infect the gal behind the counter from the exchange of cash, credit card, or from the goods purchased due to continuously adjusting masks without washing your hands after EVERY time you touch your mask.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread