No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7166655
02/02/21 07:53 PM
02/02/21 07:53 PM
carolina, Alabama
The Possum Man Offline
trapper
The Possum Man  Offline
trapper

carolina, Alabama
If i had a contagious disease that i wanted every person on earth to get i would close down most all businesses but just a few to make the whole local population would go to the same watering hole so to speak. Then i would tell them to wear masks and gloves without any proper guidance on how to use PPE and not get infected taking it off or fooling with it on your face.

My wife works at a hospital as registration, she is in contact with people BEFORE they every get screened for covid. Not that that even matters because people are always walking into covid + rooms that arent properly marked. She has arm banded lots of covid + cases she found out about later that day. She has not got sick since dec 2019. She had mild flu symptoms and then i got it a couple weeks later...mind you this was when they were just finding the first cases in the US.

I wore a mask for about 30 seconds when this kicked off and realized i touched my face more in that time than i had all day. I take no precautions for it now. I dont see the point. All the people i know that have gotten real sick from it were all mask wearing staying home people that listened to all the guidelines.

I think this whole thing stinks to high heaven. Maybe even bordering on conspiracy. But judging by the reactions of sheeple to the covid I believe a whole bunch of yall would turn in your guns with just a little pressure. If you are that afraid of dying maybe you should just stay inside for the rest of your life. I honestly think only a handful of you would bow up on pressure for your freedom

"If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough"
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7166675
02/02/21 08:06 PM
02/02/21 08:06 PM
PA
C
cmj Offline
trapper
cmj  Offline
trapper
C

PA
I only wear a mask if the store makes me and I cant go somewhere else and buy the product. Like a local gun shop that has primers. His wife just got kung flu and now makes us wear a mask while he is in there with his nose sticking out of his mask. We all touch our face putting mask on and touch the same door knob. Then transfer money back and forth.
Are all the dentists dead yet? you would think they would get it quick? Hard to clean someones teeth with a mask on right?

Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7166727
02/02/21 09:01 PM
02/02/21 09:01 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
People are more worried about masks than the bigger issues. Keep shopping at Walmart, amazon, and on facebook. You guys are the big problem in hurting this country.

No Jab.
Re: A week without a mask [Re: The Possum Man] #7166741
02/02/21 09:09 PM
02/02/21 09:09 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by The Possum Man
If i had a contagious disease that i wanted every person on earth to get i would close down most all businesses but just a few to make the whole local population would go to the same watering hole so to speak. Then i would tell them to wear masks and gloves without any proper guidance on how to use PPE and not get infected taking it off or fooling with it on your face.

My wife works at a hospital as registration, she is in contact with people BEFORE they every get screened for covid. Not that that even matters because people are always walking into covid + rooms that arent properly marked. She has arm banded lots of covid + cases she found out about later that day. She has not got sick since dec 2019. She had mild flu symptoms and then i got it a couple weeks later...mind you this was when they were just finding the first cases in the US.

I wore a mask for about 30 seconds when this kicked off and realized i touched my face more in that time than i had all day. I take no precautions for it now. I dont see the point. All the people i know that have gotten real sick from it were all mask wearing staying home people that listened to all the guidelines.

I think this whole thing stinks to high heaven. Maybe even bordering on conspiracy. But judging by the reactions of sheeple to the covid I believe a whole bunch of yall would turn in your guns with just a little pressure. If you are that afraid of dying maybe you should just stay inside for the rest of your life. I honestly think only a handful of you would bow up on pressure for your freedom

Agreed. Couldnt have said it any better.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: A week without a mask [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7166776
02/02/21 09:48 PM
02/02/21 09:48 PM
Moscow ,Ohio
U
uglyduck Offline
trapper
uglyduck  Offline
trapper
U

Moscow ,Ohio
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
People are more worried about masks than the bigger issues. Keep shopping at Walmart, amazon, and on facebook. You guys are the big problem in hurting this country.

deleted facebook,deleted amazon account,only cast a shadow on walmarts door jam as a last resort.

Re: A week without a mask [Re: charles] #7166809
02/02/21 10:07 PM
02/02/21 10:07 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted by charles
I think a mask slows down and often stops water droplets, which is why we wear them.

Ain't no we. Got a turd in yer pocket?

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7166826
02/02/21 10:19 PM
02/02/21 10:19 PM
Maine
S
SleekOtter Offline
trapper
SleekOtter  Offline
trapper
S

Maine
I started wearing a mask here out of respect for the businesses. If a person is without a mask in a business and gets caught the state will shut the business down instead of punishing the individual. Government overreach .

Re: A week without a mask [Re: SleekOtter] #7166852
02/02/21 10:45 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by SleekOtter
I started wearing a mask here out of respect for the businesses. If a person is without a mask in a business and gets caught the state will shut the business down instead of punishing the individual. Government overreach .

Wow. How is that even possible?

Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7166853
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
They've told everyone to wear a mask. They've told everyone to "social distance," they've shut businesses down. They've shut churches down, fined people, even put some in jail. They took great pleasure in nailing Trump to the wall over the mask issue. All along they told us if we did these things we could "flatten the curve,"....slow the spread, on and on it went. So for the most part people did. They lived on their savings, some went bankrupt, businesses shut down and a lot of them will never re-open. What did we get for all that?? Turn on the news any day of the week and all you hear is the virus is spreading like wildfire, hospitals are overrun, and people are dying by the thousands. Obviously the lockdowns, masks, social distancing and all the rest didnt work. Its amazing to me that anyone takes anything they say seriously. Then they tell us the tests are unreliable, and oh by the way HQ and ivermectin actually do work. Imagine that. Just two months ago anyone who said that would have been called a Trump supporting conspiracy theorist. Seems to me that maybe we should start listening to the doctors and scientists that are actually telling us the truth.

Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7166869
02/02/21 10:58 PM
02/02/21 10:58 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
The politicians use this as a means toward their ends and neither the experts who the politicians hide behind or the politicians will be held accountable.

Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7166872
02/02/21 10:59 PM
02/02/21 10:59 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Some of the towns around here have mask ordinances... Some don't.

If I'm in a town without an ordinance and there's a sign on the door requesting I wear a mask then I either put one on or go elsewhere... In that case it's a private property issue.

If it's in a town with an ordinance... I won't wear one. Funny thing is in most of the towns with a mask mandate the store owners put up the ordinance sign and that's it... No one enforces it.

I'm actually warming up to wearing masks though... But not for the reasons they want me to.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: A week without a mask [Re: loosanarrow] #7166890
02/02/21 11:12 PM
02/02/21 11:12 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by loosanarrow
Well I’m going with what my doctor, my wife’s doctor, my nurse aunt, and ALMOST every medical professional says.

I will get my medical advice from medical professionals not trappers on the internet.

Doctors kill 250,000 people every year......so there's that

A self thinker with a teaspoon of common Sense knows masks don't prevent the spread of covid

Report a post club - Non member

Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7167024
02/03/21 02:33 AM
02/03/21 02:33 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Fauci is an anomalous federal employee in many ways.

1.He is 80 years and still working full-time. 2. He is not a political appointee (where they have to be confirmed by the Senate) but acts like one. He is a career civil servant who is probably some sort of SES [Senior Executive Service]--I tried to figure his "chain-of-command" one day, very hard to figure. 3. He talks more to the media and politicians than any SES I have ever seen. 4. He's had the same position for the past 35 years.

In my agency, there are 1. No 80-year employees. 2. No SES talks to the media, especially "highly visible" discussions, without either clearing it with their political appointee or the that person knows such an interview(s) is(are) coming. 3. No SES stays in the same job for decades.

Highly unusual. I suspect Fauci has been useful to "other parts" of the federal government for a long time...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7167034
02/03/21 04:05 AM
02/03/21 04:05 AM
Lakes Region Indiana
L
loosanarrow Offline
trapper
loosanarrow  Offline
trapper
L

Lakes Region Indiana
They give you a number. Tax your land and take it away if you don’t pay. Require you to register vehicles and obtain a drivers license to use the roads, require you to purchase a license to hunt fish and trap, and so many other things that REALLY have an effect on our freedoms. A mask is insignificant in the face of these government controls. And there is no law requiring it, if there was 1/4 of the people at my grocery store would be ticketed or arrested. There’s a law that says you must pay taxes, and laws that restrict your life in many ways. Many of which amount to true affronts of freedom.

And you are calling me a sheeple for following my doctors advice? If you pay taxes you are sheeple, that’s what I think. And some are making comments about how I “want world peace” - apparently to portray me as some sort of liberal hippie freak. For following my doctors advice.
The fact that I am alive is thanks to modern medicine. I’m type 1 diabetic. Doctors kill 250,000 people a year? Man, I don’t even know what to say. Mine has always helped me when possible. Your doctors must be different than the ones I’ve had in my 50 years. That’s personal experience speaking, not a bitchute conspiracy video.

Again, fellow trappers, I simply encourage you to discuss this with your doctor and follow their advice, and to not get your medical advice from politicians, or trappers on the internet. I’m sorry if that upsets some on here, but that’s what I will continue to say.

Last edited by loosanarrow; 02/11/21 04:56 PM.
Re: A week without a mask [Re: loosanarrow] #7167062
02/03/21 06:33 AM
02/03/21 06:33 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Remember, folks, one mask is no longer good enough.

Re: A week without a mask [Re: loosanarrow] #7167175
02/03/21 08:56 AM
02/03/21 08:56 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by loosanarrow
They give you a number. Tax your land and take it away if you don’t pay. Require you to register vehicles and obtain a drivers license to use the roads, require you to purchase a license to hunt fish and trap, and so many other things that REALLY have an effect on our freedoms and finances. A mask is insignificant in the face of these government controls. And there is no law requiring it, if there was 1/4 of the people at my grocery store would be ticketed or arrested. There’s a law that says you must pay taxes, and laws that restrict your life in many ways. Many of which amount to true affronts of freedom.

And you are calling me a sheeple for following my doctors advice? If you pay taxes you are sheeple, that’s what I think. And some are making comments about how I “want world peace” - apparently to portray me as some sort of liberal hippie freak. For following my doctors advice. I’m a sheep, I don’t like it but I observe that it is true, and if there was any question of that it was dismissed when I waited 9 months after making the purchase for a tax stamp to posses my suppressor. It’s ridiculous to think that refusing to wear a mask makes you free or somehow less sheep like than the rest of us.

The fact that I am alive is thanks to modern medicine. I’m type 1 diabetic. Doctors kill 250,000 people a year? Man, I don’t even know what to say. Mine has always helped me when possible. Your doctors must be different than the ones I’ve had in my 50 years. That’s personal experience speaking, not a bitchute conspiracy video.

If you feel masks are an affront to freedom, by all means if you ever need an operation demand that the surgeons and nurses not wear them in the operating room since they don’t work anyway. Or maybe just give them the option to wear it, since they are Americans with freedom just like you. In fact, next time you go to restaurant maybe you should let them all know you prefer they wash their hands after using the bathroom (if you do prefer that) but hey, they are free Americans, and if they prefer to skip the hand washing no one should tell them what to do.

Again, fellow trappers, I simply encourage you to discuss this with your doctor and follow their advice, and to not get your medical advice from politicians, or trappers on the internet. I’m sorry if that upsets some on here, but that’s what I will continue to say.

If I took my doctors advice, I would have been put on a cocktail of drugs last April so nasty they have to do a liver test every 6-months because the drugs ruin your liver among other things. Instead, I did my own research, changed my diet, and accomplished what modern medicine says is impossible. Thousands of others have done the same thing. Doctors are not gods. They get very little training in nutrition, and quite often the drugs they give you are simply masking the symptoms, not fixing anything. Lots of good doctors realize this and are turning their focus to functional medicine. I highly recommend the book by Dr Ken Berry, 'The Lies my Doctor Told Me'. Paleomedicina in Hungary has had success treating type 1 diabetics with diet too. I dont discount everything doctors say , but I think its silly to just do whatever they tell you because they are a doctor. Work in an ER for a day and you will quickly realize not all doctors are equal.

Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7167315
02/03/21 10:36 AM
02/03/21 10:36 AM
havelock, NC
Rye Offline
trapper
Rye  Offline
trapper

havelock, NC
A lot of truth in what Yukon just said. Your whole life you've been fed BS about what a proper diet looks like. Take in under 20 carbs a day for six months, then check your blood work again. You'll find out where the truth lies.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first. "
--Mark Twain.

Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7167423
02/03/21 12:15 PM
02/03/21 12:15 PM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
I got my first of 2 vaccine shot last Thursday. I had to wait 15 minutes after incase of a reaction. So, 15 minutes go by. I get up, put on my coat. A nurse was there waiting for people. I told her that I remember the last Pandemic I was in. She looks at me funny.

I explained that in 1958 my family had gone to California to visit family and upon returning home got an emergency call from my grandmother out there. My cousin Joe had come down with Polio. And we had better see about getting the shots.

So my mother contacts the county health department. Apparently it was going around nation wide. The shots were already available locally. We all got vaccinated ASAP.

Funny thing is, nothing closed. We all went to school that fall. Its amazing how times change in our country. And I don't remember even the nurse or doctor who gave the shot ever wearing a mask.

Last edited by seniortrap; 02/03/21 12:16 PM.

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7167436
02/03/21 12:21 PM
02/03/21 12:21 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Some are only looking for negative reasons. Turn your lights on. Be preventive rather than mad. It is only your life and health. Suppose a mask does help. Why wouldn’t you want to take advantage of it.

We will not make fun of you. Actually, we will respect you for protecting others.

Re: A week without a mask [Re: bowhunter27295] #7167469
02/03/21 12:47 PM
02/03/21 12:47 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Who is we?????????

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread