No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Brief survey on glove size [Re: DWC] #7227086
03/26/21 09:33 AM
03/26/21 09:33 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by DWC
How do u like your gloves to fit? Im a freak about gloves, socks and stocking hats. I want to barely be able to get them on. I wear a L for most gloves but if i can get into a M ill do it. If socks stretch out in the least they find themselves in the trash. I typically snap my laces 2-3 times during the life of a pair of boots pullin them tight.

I like snug but not tight except for shoes and nitrile gloves for skinning. I like to be able to slip out of the boots or gloves quickly, especially out in the woods and definitely in the marshes.

Last edited by SNIPERB🦝; 03/26/21 09:34 AM.
Re: Brief survey on glove size [Re: Zim] #7227106
03/26/21 10:02 AM
03/26/21 10:02 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Zim
I wear 2xl or 3xl when I can get them. Wiebke Trading in LaCrosse, Wisconsin sells excellent deerskin gloves in sizes up to 3xl.
They are the best work gloves I have found.

Zim

thanks I may be up near lacross latter this spring I might have to check into that

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Brief survey on glove size [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7227109
03/26/21 10:12 AM
03/26/21 10:12 AM
NY
whartonrattrappe Offline
trapper
whartonrattrappe  Offline
trapper

NY
[img]https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/1050546V01[/img]

These gloves are pricey but great for doing manual labor.

Re: Brief survey on glove size [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7227117
03/26/21 10:24 AM
03/26/21 10:24 AM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
xxl for me only issue i have is some manufacturers think the fingers need to be 10" long

olden tyred
Re: Brief survey on glove size [Re: DWC] #7227153
03/26/21 10:53 AM
03/26/21 10:53 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by DWC
How do u like your gloves to fit? Im a freak about gloves, socks and stocking hats. I want to barely be able to get them on. I wear a L for most gloves but if i can get into a M ill do it. If socks stretch out in the least they find themselves in the trash. I typically snap my laces 2-3 times during the life of a pair of boots pullin them tight.

gloves need to be able to come off by placing my hand under my opposite arm and pulling so while I don't like slop I don't want to fight my hand in every single time.

I am going to have to take them off especially for small detail stuff

I have to wear a compression sock post blood clot in my leg so I already get plenty of feeling like sausage in a casing and I never did enjoy that feeling.

I wear fairly thick wool blend socks all year , with my stupid compression sock under the wool sock

I used to wear work boots all the time , now I wear new balance walking shoes any time I don't need to be in boots

I do lace my boots up tight and keep extra laces around.

I used to think my mom was strange she always wore shoes , she would walk out to the kitchen to start morning coffee and she would have on a pair of easy to get on but still supportive shoes . yeah I also thought stop drinking beer at 7pm when camping was odd , now I put on my house shoes to go any further than the toilet that is about 12 feet from the side of my bed and make sure to stop drinking or eating anything but water by 8pm and some times I even slip on my house shoes to go the 12 feet to the toilet.

stocking hats I now wear only the ones my wife knits for me , every other stocking hat just rode up to the top of my head and looked like nipple on a bottle.
the acrylic just made me sweat , I have 2 nice wool knit hats now.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread