No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Fish Oil. How many times? [Re: Savell] #7230872
03/30/21 03:12 PM
03/30/21 03:12 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Savell
[Linked Image]

... I fry in this and leave the peanut oil inside the fryer on the porch... change it once a year

Well,you eat cat fish so it don't make any difference.You could use used motor oil.We eat Walleyes and Perch up here. grin

Last edited by upstateNY; 03/30/21 03:12 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Fish Oil. How many times? [Re: ~ADC~] #7231120
03/30/21 07:47 PM
03/30/21 07:47 PM
St. James, Missouri
Bigbuck Offline
trapper
Bigbuck  Offline
trapper

St. James, Missouri
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Bigbuck, you can't use a fryer basket with wet battered fish, but those are ok for breaded fish and french fries.

Big cast iron skillets are great on a turkey fryer. They hold temp great and a lot of surface area for things like battered onion rings, battered shrimp, and battered fish, so they don't all stick together in a lump.

[Linked Image]

Well I'm sorry to tell you I do it all the time, just load them 1 pice at a time or they will stick together. I do it with onion rings to.

A long hair country boy can survive
Re: Fish Oil. How many times? [Re: Bigbuck] #7231172
03/30/21 08:46 PM
03/30/21 08:46 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by Bigbuck

Well I'm sorry to tell you I do it all the time, just load them 1 pice at a time or they will stick together. I do it with onion rings to.

How do you keep the batter from sticking to the basket? Obiously you put the basket in the oil then drop the battered fish in but it falls onto the bottom of the basket before its set up and sticks through the holes in the fry basket.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fish Oil. How many times? [Re: ~ADC~] #7231268
03/30/21 09:29 PM
03/30/21 09:29 PM
St. James, Missouri
Bigbuck Offline
trapper
Bigbuck  Offline
trapper

St. James, Missouri

How do you keep the batter from sticking to the basket? Obiously you put the basket in the oil then drop the battered fish in but it falls onto the bottom of the basket before its set up and sticks through the holes in the fry basket.

[Linked Image]

My basket looks nothing like your. I can't say why but I do have the basket in the hot oil before I drop the fish in. I cook at 325-350 degrees. grin

A long hair country boy can survive
Re: Fish Oil. How many times? [Re: ~ADC~] #7231346
03/30/21 10:07 PM
03/30/21 10:07 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny

[Linked Image]

Basket already in the hot oil.Drop fish in one at a time at 375-400 degreese.Seals em instantly.All about the temperature.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread