No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Batteries Can't Do The Job Greenies Think [Re: Trapper7] #7267062
05/18/21 05:28 PM
05/18/21 05:28 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Once the government realizes they can't push solar and wind enough to sell it Natural gas will be their dollar and all of us who use it will be digging deep to have it !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Batteries Can't Do The Job Greenies Think [Re: Trapper7] #7267068
05/18/21 05:32 PM
05/18/21 05:32 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I think renewable energy is a snowball rolling down our hill. Going to happen somehow I predict.

Re: Batteries Can't Do The Job Greenies Think [Re: charles] #7267104
05/18/21 06:09 PM
05/18/21 06:09 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by charles
I think renewable energy is a snowball rolling down our hill. Going to happen somehow I predict.

Just depends on how many more trillions they want to pizz away while it proves to be a failure. The fact remains that often the sun don't shine and the wind don't blow. Period.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Batteries Can't Do The Job Greenies Think [Re: Trapper7] #7267107
05/18/21 06:11 PM
05/18/21 06:11 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
I am all for living a sustainable lifestyle- that's why I harvest free range, organic, wild caught fur. whistle

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Batteries Can't Do The Job Greenies Think [Re: Trapper7] #7267115
05/18/21 06:25 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
As the world's population and energy dependence continue to grow, a renewable source could become a vital national interest. I liken it to our quest for the atomic bomb (Manhatten Project) during WWII. Either we would discover it first, or the Germans would destroy us with their discovery. Research brought victory to America. Cheap energy might be essential to our free enterprise in the US. Don't look at the problem with today's glasses. Think of our children's future. Can we afford the status quo? I doubt it.

I know we enjoy an abundance of oil and natural gas. Heck, we once had an abundance of cheap fur that sold for high prices, but the times they are a-changing. We can not bury our heads in the sand.

Re: Batteries Can't Do The Job Greenies Think [Re: maintenanceguy] #7267116
Pennsylvania
T
Tim64 Offline
trapper
Tim64  Offline
trapper
T

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
And to charge the batteries you still have to produce the electricity somehow - usually fossil fuels. So you burn the fuel to make the electricity, just like you normally would. You charge the battery with a charger that isn't 100% efficient so you loose a little of the electricity which has to be made up with more fossil fuel, you then use the electricity through a system that isn't 100% efficient. You've now used more fossil fuel than you used before. And... you have all the environmental problems with mining, storing, and disposing of the lithium metal.

I'm not at all anti-battery, anti-electric car, or anti-any-new-technology but I don't see how electric vehicles are better for the environment.

Now, nuclear I like. I carried a lot of firewood as a kid and nuclear beats the heck out of carrying firewood.

Here is where the electric is coming from.
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread